Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What songs don't seem right without the follow up track?

Go down 
+18
journeyman
Boris2008
tohostudios
Lari
deathisgain
akeldama
SAHB Healer
Sutekh
corplhicks
kmorg
brokentulsa
mc666
metalhead777
MetalGuy71
Shawn Of Fire
MetallicSeminarian
Dark Horseman
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

What songs don't seem right without the follow up track? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What songs don't seem right without the follow up track?   What songs don't seem right without the follow up track? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 11:03 pm

tohostudios wrote:
journeyman wrote:
Van Halen on both the greatest hits and best of... have eruption not followed by you really got me. Just so used to listening to the tracks in the order of running..., eruption and you really got me. Throws me for a loop every time.

That's another good example!

Making matters worse, Eruption is followed by one of the horrible 'new' tracks recorded for that disc.  blech 
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: What songs don't seem right without the follow up track?   What songs don't seem right without the follow up track? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 11:06 pm

It almost made my top 10. In fact, in retrospect it should at least be where I put Dream Theater. My ritual when I go on my jobs is to throw on Ashes of Ares first when I leave. It's great stuff. I hope they do another album.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: What songs don't seem right without the follow up track?   What songs don't seem right without the follow up track? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 8:34 am

corplhicks wrote:
It almost made my top 10. In fact, in retrospect it should at least be where I put Dream Theater. My ritual when I go on my jobs is to throw on Ashes of Ares first when I leave. It's great stuff. I hope they do another album.

Wrong thread, man.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: What songs don't seem right without the follow up track?   What songs don't seem right without the follow up track? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 8:35 am

Aces High/Two Minutes To Midnight just seem to belong together
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: What songs don't seem right without the follow up track?   What songs don't seem right without the follow up track? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 11:30 am

They do. I wonder if this is more a metal thing? I've never heard anyone say that Thriller just doesn't sound right unless followed by Beat It.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What songs don't seem right without the follow up track?   What songs don't seem right without the follow up track? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 12:02 pm

I'm sure it's not exclusivly a rock or metal thing, but I'd be hard pressed to find a pop song that does it. If it exists, someone here will post it, I'm sure.

I'm guessing most pop songs are written with the 'single format' in mind, a song that can stand alone. I doubt Madonna ever considdered writing an epic trilogy.  Razz 

PostSubject: Re: What songs don't seem right without the follow up track?   What songs don't seem right without the follow up track? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 12:31 pm

Bicycle Race into Fat Bottomed Girls.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: What songs don't seem right without the follow up track?   What songs don't seem right without the follow up track? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 12:38 pm

Crap, don't know how I didn't think of that one.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: What songs don't seem right without the follow up track?   What songs don't seem right without the follow up track? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 1:25 pm

what also eats my lunch is when you have a song that seems to end and after a second or two the song really ends but the real ending is cut off. Krokus' headhunter does this.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: What songs don't seem right without the follow up track?   What songs don't seem right without the follow up track? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 9:58 am

Used to drive me crazy when I first got an ipod and the song setting would put the song order according to alphabet.

In the non-metal category, I cannot listen to the Violent Femmes debut without the songs all in their right order. Can't listen to them individually either.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: What songs don't seem right without the follow up track?   What songs don't seem right without the follow up track? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 11:06 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Wrong thread, man.

D'oh!
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: What songs don't seem right without the follow up track?   What songs don't seem right without the follow up track? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 11:29 am

brokentulsa wrote:
what also eats my lunch is when you have a song that seems to end and after a second or two the song really ends but the real ending is cut off. Krokus' headhunter does this.
For the longest time I thought Danger from Kiss Creatures of the night just ended abruptly and it turns out the record skipped the last couple of seconds of the track. I never knew this until I bought the CD. Not the same thing, but anyway.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: What songs don't seem right without the follow up track?   What songs don't seem right without the follow up track? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 11:34 am

Petra's Not of this World needs to start off with that synth instrumental that always made me feel like I was in a spaceship when I was a kid. Like this:

Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: What songs don't seem right without the follow up track?   What songs don't seem right without the follow up track? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 5:57 pm

Journey: Feeling That Way ~ Anytime
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What songs don't seem right without the follow up track?   What songs don't seem right without the follow up track? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What songs don't seem right without the follow up track?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2