Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What songs don't seem right without the follow up track?

Go down 
+18
journeyman
Boris2008
tohostudios
Lari
deathisgain
akeldama
SAHB Healer
Sutekh
corplhicks
kmorg
brokentulsa
mc666
metalhead777
MetalGuy71
Shawn Of Fire
MetallicSeminarian
Dark Horseman
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

What songs don't seem right without the follow up track? Empty
PostSubject: What songs don't seem right without the follow up track?   What songs don't seem right without the follow up track? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 11:24 am

Heard Bringing On the Heartbreak on the radio and they didn't play Switch 625 next and it seemed wrong to my ear.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39563

PostSubject: Re: What songs don't seem right without the follow up track?   What songs don't seem right without the follow up track? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 11:34 am

I can think of one combo that falls into this category and that Savatage's Prelude To Madness/Hall Of The Mountain King.

Edit to add : Not that I ever heard this combo on the radio. God forbid that should ever happen.

Last edited by 007 on Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: What songs don't seem right without the follow up track?   What songs don't seem right without the follow up track? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 11:36 am

One that comes immediately to mind is Led Zep's "Heartbreaker."
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: What songs don't seem right without the follow up track?   What songs don't seem right without the follow up track? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 11:51 am

Eruption/You Really Got Me

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What songs don't seem right without the follow up track?   What songs don't seem right without the follow up track? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 12:16 pm

While I don't think I've ever heard it on commercial radio, my mp3 player will break-up Judas Priest's 'The Hellion' and 'Electric Eye' into 2 seperate tracks. Hearing one without the other sounds weird.

PostSubject: Re: What songs don't seem right without the follow up track?   What songs don't seem right without the follow up track? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 1:18 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
While I don't think I've ever heard it on commercial radio, my mp3 player will break-up Judas Priest's 'The Hellion' and 'Electric Eye' into 2 seperate tracks. Hearing one without the other sounds weird.

Riding On The Wind, if that doesn't immediately follow Electric Eye it drives me nuts.

Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: What songs don't seem right without the follow up track?   What songs don't seem right without the follow up track? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 1:49 pm

From Mars and To Sirius from the Gojira album of the same name.
Polyphony and The New Black from The New Black by SYL
In Quest of Enigmatic Dreams and The Underworld Domains by Old Man's Child
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: What songs don't seem right without the follow up track?   What songs don't seem right without the follow up track? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 2:06 pm

Dissident Aggressor has to follow up Here Come the Tears for me. I always listen to both songs together.

MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: What songs don't seem right without the follow up track?   What songs don't seem right without the follow up track? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 2:25 pm

mc666 wrote:
Dissident Aggressor has to follow up Here Come the Tears for me. I always listen to both songs together.

Excellent choice. For one thing, the contrast makes "Dissident Aggressor" (one of my favorite Priest tunes) sound even heavier.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: What songs don't seem right without the follow up track?   What songs don't seem right without the follow up track? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 2:46 pm

Eruption/You Really Got Me is a good one.

I'm also so used to Red Barchetta being followed by YYZ that when I hear RB on the radio I start humming YYZ when it's done..
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: What songs don't seem right without the follow up track?   What songs don't seem right without the follow up track? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 2:49 pm

Dokkens Without warning/tooth and nail.
Badlands Joes blues has to be followed by soul stealer...they just go together in my mind...

Quote :
Heard Bringing On the Heartbreak on the radio and they didn't play Switch 625 next and it seemed wrong to my ear.

I agree
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: What songs don't seem right without the follow up track?   What songs don't seem right without the follow up track? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 3:34 pm

We Will Rock You / We Are The Champions - Queen

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: What songs don't seem right without the follow up track?   What songs don't seem right without the follow up track? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 4:02 pm

All these are good, especially the Van Halen.

Metal Church and Beyond the Black need to be together for me.

Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: What songs don't seem right without the follow up track?   What songs don't seem right without the follow up track? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 6:00 pm

Calling on You/Free -Stryper
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: What songs don't seem right without the follow up track?   What songs don't seem right without the follow up track? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 6:16 pm

The Valhalla suite from Black Sabbath's TYR is broken up into 3 tracks on the original CD. I don't know what they were thinking, it's obviously meant to flow together. It drives me nuts. I wonder if they fixed it on re-issue?
Captain Beyond's "Dancin' Madly Backwards" is split into several tracks also. And my I-pod leaves off Styx "Suite Madam Blue" into from the song proper. There are other examples like this. It's the worst thing about digital.
Then you have the opposite such as the Kyuss album that has 8 songs but only one track. There are too many great albums that you can't really appreciate on random play.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: What songs don't seem right without the follow up track?   What songs don't seem right without the follow up track? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 6:32 pm

I hate that "Dee" is after "Goodbye To Romance" it should be the intro of sorts to "Romance".
Back to top Go down
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

Number of posts : 285

PostSubject: Re: What songs don't seem right without the follow up track?   What songs don't seem right without the follow up track? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 6:34 pm

This reminds me of when I listen to an album on Spotify. It always seems like they place the commercial right between two songs that go into each other. So if I am listening to "Eruption", right at the end I am pumped for "You Really Got Me", and instead I get a Geico Insurance commercial!
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathisgain.com
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6336

PostSubject: Re: What songs don't seem right without the follow up track?   What songs don't seem right without the follow up track? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 6:43 pm

Somewhere in Time without Believe
-Savatage
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: What songs don't seem right without the follow up track?   What songs don't seem right without the follow up track? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 6:51 pm

Quote :

Quote :
One that comes immediately to mind is Led Zep's "Heartbreaker."

Those were the first two I thought of as well

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: What songs don't seem right without the follow up track?   What songs don't seem right without the follow up track? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 7:48 pm

It bugged me so much I had to listen to when I got home.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What songs don't seem right without the follow up track?   What songs don't seem right without the follow up track? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 8:30 pm

I absolutely hate that the Led Zep box set has Heartbreaker by itself without Livin' Lovin' Maid immediately after. I grew up listening to the radio play those two tracks back to back so it kills me to hear the first one without the other.

PostSubject: Re: What songs don't seem right without the follow up track?   What songs don't seem right without the follow up track? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 8:56 pm

Another Brick In The Wall Part II MUST go into Mother, I can't stand it when radio stations split them.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: What songs don't seem right without the follow up track?   What songs don't seem right without the follow up track? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 9:07 pm

Revelation (Mother Earth)/Steal Away (the Night) Don't know why but I couldn't imagine listening to them separately.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: What songs don't seem right without the follow up track?   What songs don't seem right without the follow up track? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 9:18 pm

Van Halen on both the greatest hits and best of... have eruption not followed by you really got me. Just so used to listening to the tracks in the order of running..., eruption and you really got me. Throws me for a loop every time.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What songs don't seem right without the follow up track?   What songs don't seem right without the follow up track? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 9:27 pm

journeyman wrote:
Van Halen on both the greatest hits and best of... have eruption not followed by you really got me. Just so used to listening to the tracks in the order of running..., eruption and you really got me. Throws me for a loop every time.

That's another good example!

PostSubject: Re: What songs don't seem right without the follow up track?   What songs don't seem right without the follow up track? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What songs don't seem right without the follow up track?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next