Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Led Zeppelin to Reissue First Three Studio Albums in 2014

Go down 
+14
journeyman
James B.
Troublezone
thejokeriv
MetallicSeminarian
Orion Crystal Ice
Witchfinder
glassprison
corplhicks
manny
MetalGuy71
mlotek
brokentulsa
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Led Zeppelin to Reissue First Three Studio Albums in 2014 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to Reissue First Three Studio Albums in 2014   Led Zeppelin to Reissue First Three Studio Albums in 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 1:36 pm

mikeinfla wrote:

Edit:

Page responded: "That's ridiculous. I have no further comment on the subject."

Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to Reissue First Three Studio Albums in 2014   Led Zeppelin to Reissue First Three Studio Albums in 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 1:40 pm

I find it hard to believe that the statute of limitations hasn't run on this long, long ago.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to Reissue First Three Studio Albums in 2014   Led Zeppelin to Reissue First Three Studio Albums in 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 1:40 pm

Whoever originally came up with the 1- 4 - 5 progression should be a multibillionaire by now, if basic progressions are now liable for copyright prosecution.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to Reissue First Three Studio Albums in 2014   Led Zeppelin to Reissue First Three Studio Albums in 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 1:47 pm

This will end about as well as any of Vinnie Vincent's dozens of lawsuits against KISS.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Lovecraft
Metal student
Metal student
Lovecraft

Number of posts : 120

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to Reissue First Three Studio Albums in 2014   Led Zeppelin to Reissue First Three Studio Albums in 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 1:49 pm

The basic structure of the song can be traced back to Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata, if not further.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to Reissue First Three Studio Albums in 2014   Led Zeppelin to Reissue First Three Studio Albums in 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 1:55 pm

Check out "Cry Me A River" by Davy Graham. It was out in 1959. Looks like California may have been pulling from influences, as well. Page too.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to Reissue First Three Studio Albums in 2014   Led Zeppelin to Reissue First Three Studio Albums in 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 1:59 pm

Lovecraft wrote:
The basic structure of the song can be traced back to Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata, if not further.  

Pretty much. It's a chromatic descent in A natural minor, i IIdim bIII iv v bVI bVII, whereas Moonlight has only one initial intermediate. But in all reality the chromatic descent is primarily found in blues.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to Reissue First Three Studio Albums in 2014   Led Zeppelin to Reissue First Three Studio Albums in 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 2:02 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Lovecraft wrote:

Pretty much. It's a chromatic descent in A natural minor, i IIdim bIII iv v bVI bVII, whereas Moonlight has only one initial intermediate. But in all reality the chromatic descent is primarily found in blues.

yeah that's pretty much what I already said above.....1 4 5 progrssion

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to Reissue First Three Studio Albums in 2014   Led Zeppelin to Reissue First Three Studio Albums in 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 2:04 pm

James B. wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Lovecraft wrote:

Oops sorry James I skimmed too fast.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to Reissue First Three Studio Albums in 2014   Led Zeppelin to Reissue First Three Studio Albums in 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 2:09 pm

corplhicks wrote:
James B. wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Lovecraft wrote:

Oops sorry James I skimmed too fast.

no big deal, you definitely dialed it in way further than I did

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to Reissue First Three Studio Albums in 2014   Led Zeppelin to Reissue First Three Studio Albums in 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 8:22 pm

Ok so I am still waiting on my vinyl to be shipped from amazon. No big deal, I don't mind waiting. But I did notice each album says "free autorip". i thought cool, I can go ahead and download them. So I download II & III but could not find Led Zep I... Came home from work and checked again, still no first album on autorip. So I found a "chat" option on Amazon and opened it up and asked about it. They told me it isn't available as a free rip for the "normal remastered version" only the deluxe. I gave them the link where it says "autorip" and I claim it is false advertising (mainly just messing with them). Anyway, they put me on "hold" (how does one get put on hold on a chat box?). The guy comes back on and says I can have the autorip of the deluxe version for free! Cool! So now I will get the vinyl and the deluxe download!

Personally, I never cared for the Zep outtakes or live cuts. I always enjoyed the studio stuff and thats why i ordered the normal versions. I just felt the deluxe versions were too expensive to get for something I would only play once or twice when it comes to bonus live material.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to Reissue First Three Studio Albums in 2014   Led Zeppelin to Reissue First Three Studio Albums in 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 8:38 am

I was fully poised to completely bypass these reissues as I'm kind of a half-ish Zep fan anyway, but a friend did an A/B comparison between the new masters and the old 1990 ones... I'll be damned if there isn't stuff that's now plain in the mix that was buried before.

Show of hands: anyone else on the board first hear Zep through the four disc box set that took most of their tracks, gooned around with the running order, and played like an extended best of? The album running orders STILL mess with me because that was my first exposure to the band.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to Reissue First Three Studio Albums in 2014   Led Zeppelin to Reissue First Three Studio Albums in 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 9:58 am

Not exactly my first exposure but that boxed set and the subsequent two-disc set with all of the remaining tracks were what I listened to most frequently. I still think the order on those releases worked unbelievably well.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to Reissue First Three Studio Albums in 2014   Led Zeppelin to Reissue First Three Studio Albums in 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 10:03 am

Well, I had an older brother who was a teenager during Zep's heyday so I was exposed to them on vinyl the first time around. I was a little kid but I clearly remember playing these first 3 albums and Bad Company's debut when I was in the first grade. I consider myself a casual fan too, I really do not like "Song Remains The Same". I always disliked that live album even though we had it growing up. I remember opening it up and looking at all the pictures. I guess I am more of a fan of the first 3 and Houses then finally In Through The Outdoor. I just didn't care for Physical Graffiti or Presence. That doesn't mean I won't eventually buy the remasters but right now I am fine with the first 3 and will pick up Houses when it comes out.... Will prob skip 4, not that I dislike it, but after working in classic rock radio for years I am simply burned out on Zoso. And I already on In Through... on vinyl so no need to pick it up...

But to answer your question I have never heard the boxed set and own only 2 Zep CD's, Mothership and Celebration (and I know I said I never cared for Zeppelin live but that one is pretty good).
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to Reissue First Three Studio Albums in 2014   Led Zeppelin to Reissue First Three Studio Albums in 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 10:16 am

(hennemusic) The first three reissues in the Led Zeppelin album series have debuted in the top 10 on the US charts. The band's 1969 self-titled debut, "Led Zeppelin I", entered the Billboard 200 album chart at No. 7, "Led Zeppelin II" at No. 9 and "Led Zeppelin III" at No. 10.
With the chart showing, Led Zeppelin has become the first artist to land three albums in the top 15 at the same time since Whitney Houston scored four following her death in early 2012.

Deluxe, expanded editions of Led Zeppelin's first three albums are the first part of an extensive reissue program that will see all nine of the band's studio records reissued in chronological order, each remastered by guitarist/producer Jimmy Page.
Back to top Go down
Lovecraft
Metal student
Metal student
Lovecraft

Number of posts : 120

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to Reissue First Three Studio Albums in 2014   Led Zeppelin to Reissue First Three Studio Albums in 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 11:57 am

The bonus material on Zeppelin II and III is excellent, welcome additions to their short discography.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to Reissue First Three Studio Albums in 2014   Led Zeppelin to Reissue First Three Studio Albums in 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 2:38 am

update:
http://bravewords.com/news/late-led-zeppelin-drummer-john-bonham-featured-on-upcoming-paul-mccartney-reissues

mlotek wrote:
here is some Zep related news -

Today, I was reading a gift I got for Christmas.
Record Collector magazine.December 2013.
On page 78,

among the pages of the Paul McCartney ''Band On the Run'' history, at the end of another smaller piece (The Cold Cuts Saga), which is about unreleased, leftover tracks that Paul has had since 1973, and he always postpones the 2 Lp compilation for them, he has always planned, it said -

"With McCartney involved again in the reissuing of his 70s catalogue, rumours have emerged of an ambitious 4CD Cold Cuts out-takes collection being prepared fpr release, which is said to include a version of C Moon featuring the late John Bonham."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Led Zeppelin to Reissue First Three Studio Albums in 2014   Led Zeppelin to Reissue First Three Studio Albums in 2014 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Led Zeppelin to Reissue First Three Studio Albums in 2014
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2