Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Albums that still need a proper CD reissue...

Go down 
+29
Eyesore
ZombieHavoc
kmorg
Temple of Blood
Lurideath
brokentulsa
Wurthless
Witchfinder
metalinmyveins
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
jstate
BearOnUnicycle
nevermore
Grimmo
GrandNational
Lari
exact33
metalhead777
Spiner202
DallasBlack
Troublezone
stormspell
Orion Crystal Ice
tul
jettafiend
adrian
Required Fields
Vexer6
ultmetal
33 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Albums that still need a proper CD reissue... Empty
PostSubject: Albums that still need a proper CD reissue...   Albums that still need a proper CD reissue... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 2:30 pm

I was listening to TT Quick Metal of Honor today. It's one of those dated CDs that could really use a proper remaster and re-issue. Their first EP has NEVER been officially pressed to CD, so it would be nice to have that as well, perhaps as a bonus disc or bonus tracks.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Albums that still need a proper CD reissue...   Albums that still need a proper CD reissue... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 2:50 pm

Beau Nasty: Dirty But Well Dressed
Helix: Long Way To Heaven

CDs for those two are WAAAAYYYYY too expensive, like 50 dollars.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Albums that still need a proper CD reissue...   Albums that still need a proper CD reissue... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 2:50 pm

Both Assorted Heap albums need a proper CD reissue.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Albums that still need a proper CD reissue...   Albums that still need a proper CD reissue... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 2:53 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
Beau Nasty: Dirty But Well Dressed
Helix: Long Way To Heaven

CDs for those two are WAAAAYYYYY too expensive, like 50 dollars.

I'd love to get Long Way to Heaven on CD.

How about the first two Helix albums?

Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Albums that still need a proper CD reissue...   Albums that still need a proper CD reissue... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 2:55 pm

The Reverend EP, really would like to get my hands on a copy
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Albums that still need a proper CD reissue...   Albums that still need a proper CD reissue... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 3:46 pm

Both albums by Halo. S/t and Heaven Calling.

Aw, lets just go for the entire Pakaderm Records roster. now that would be awesome.

The Precious Death E.P. I love Southpaw and If You Must but I have yet to hear that first E.P.

Alot of the stuff that Ult raves about on NLTM like the old East Coast and West Coast thrash samplers. Man, I really want to hear that stuff.
Back to top Go down
tul
Metal student
Metal student
tul

Number of posts : 234

PostSubject: Hexenhaus!   Albums that still need a proper CD reissue... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 3:56 pm

All 4 Hexenhaus albums!

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Albums that still need a proper CD reissue...   Albums that still need a proper CD reissue... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 3:56 pm

jettafiend wrote:

Aw, lets just go for the entire Pakaderm Records roster. now that would be awesome.

The Precious Death E.P. I love Southpaw and If You Must but I have yet to hear that first E.P.

You talking about "Our Stinkin' Demo"? The first time I heard that was through the PA before Vengeance Rising went on stage. I asked Roger after the show who that band was playing through the PA and he told me Precious Death. I ordered that demo soon after. Still have it. Have the Our Stinkin' T-Shirt as well. It's too big for me. I should sell it.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Albums that still need a proper CD reissue...   Albums that still need a proper CD reissue... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 3:59 pm

ultmetal wrote:
jettafiend wrote:

You talking about "Our Stinkin' Demo"? The first time I heard that was through the PA before Vengeance Rising went on stage. I asked Roger after the show who that band was playing through the PA and he told me Precious Death. I ordered that demo soon after. Still have it. Have the Our Stinkin' T-Shirt as well. It's too big for me. I should sell it.

Thats the one. I would love to hear it. I actually had no idea of it's existence until I ran across on NLTM.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Albums that still need a proper CD reissue...   Albums that still need a proper CD reissue... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 6:08 pm

Most all of the Glacier stuff..

Most of the Praying Mantis discography which is either OOP, Japan only, or only/mostly vinyl...

and of course, it would be nice to see Atlantic do some proper Savatage remasters with tons of live Criss stuff, but as if....
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Albums that still need a proper CD reissue...   Albums that still need a proper CD reissue... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 6:30 pm

I dont think Glacier is going to happen anytime soon, but that's just a wild guess.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Albums that still need a proper CD reissue...   Albums that still need a proper CD reissue... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 6:35 pm

Trouble - (the Rick Rubin era)
Faith No More - The Real Thing
Sacrament - Haunts of Violence (the M8 one sucked)
Suicidal Tendencies - (Rocky George era)
Overkill - (Bobby Gustafson era)
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Albums that still need a proper CD reissue...   Albums that still need a proper CD reissue... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 7:16 pm

The first Aska albums. They've been around for over 20 years and only three of their albums are obtainable at a decent price.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: Albums that still need a proper CD reissue...   Albums that still need a proper CD reissue... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 7:19 pm

Intruder - A Higher Form of Killing

I know it was reissued in 2005, but I didn't get into metal until a couple years later (and even then, it took a couple more years before I discovered Intruder). I emailed John Pieroni about it, but he wasn't really able to help me. I'd love for someone (Stormspell? Very Happy) to reissue it again!
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Albums that still need a proper CD reissue...   Albums that still need a proper CD reissue... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 7:26 pm

Vain:All Those Strangers

Recorded in 91-92, didn't get an official CD release until 2005 and it's now out of print and very expensive(usually sells for 100 dollars or more)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albums that still need a proper CD reissue...   Albums that still need a proper CD reissue... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 7:47 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Trouble - (the Rick Rubin era)
Suicidal Tendencies - (Rocky George era)
Overkill - (Bobby Gustafson era)

Agree with all those. In fact, every early Atlantic issued CD should be remastered and re-released, Atlantic had some of the worst sounding discs from a major label in the early CD-era.

Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Albums that still need a proper CD reissue...   Albums that still need a proper CD reissue... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 8:12 pm

Although it will never happen
Believer-Extraction From Mortality
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Albums that still need a proper CD reissue...   Albums that still need a proper CD reissue... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 8:23 pm

metalhead777 wrote:
Although it will never happen
Believer-Extraction From Mortality

It already has been reissued three times. I have the M8 version which is remastered with bonus tracks. There's also another one by Metal Mind Records from 2007 and lastly one from Massacre Records in 2008.

http://www.amazon.com/Extraction-Mortality-Believer/dp/B000XBYU70/ref=sr_1_sc_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1339028307&sr=1-1-spell
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Albums that still need a proper CD reissue...   Albums that still need a proper CD reissue... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 8:59 pm

Apocalypse - S/T

Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Albums that still need a proper CD reissue...   Albums that still need a proper CD reissue... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 9:23 pm

Sadly none of these seem financially feasible. Throwing in $10,000 to remaster an album that will not generate more than $1,000 revenue is not going to happen.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Albums that still need a proper CD reissue...   Albums that still need a proper CD reissue... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 11:03 pm

Monstrosity - Imperial Doom needs to be reissued as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Albums that still need a proper CD reissue...   Albums that still need a proper CD reissue... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 12:34 am

Lari wrote:
Sadly none of these seem financially feasible. Throwing in $10,000 to remaster an album that will not generate more than $1,000 revenue is not going to happen.

Anyone with a computer and the right software can do it for next to nothing. I doubt the independent labels that have reissued albums spend anywhere near that amount.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Albums that still need a proper CD reissue...   Albums that still need a proper CD reissue... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 1:04 am

Troublezone wrote:
Lari wrote:

Anyone with a computer and the right software can do it for next to nothing. I doubt the independent labels that have reissued albums spend anywhere near that amount.

That's what I was thinking too TZ. I don't know the money involved in re-issues, but it can't be $10,000, can it?

Have albums number 2 and 3 by Death been given a proper re-issue?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albums that still need a proper CD reissue...   Albums that still need a proper CD reissue... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 1:29 am

I'm not sure what the average is, but the cost of a reissue can vary greatly. Most importantly is who owns the rights to the original recording and how much will you have to pay to license it for release. If it was recorded digitally then it can reduce the cost, but if it was originally recorded analog getting those masters pulled from storage and then transferred can get pricey.

Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Albums that still need a proper CD reissue...   Albums that still need a proper CD reissue... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 2:36 am

Required Fields wrote:
Monstrosity - Imperial Doom needs to be reissued as well.
Nice choice headbanger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Albums that still need a proper CD reissue...   Albums that still need a proper CD reissue... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Albums that still need a proper CD reissue...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next