Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic

Go down 
+14
metalhead777
jettafiend
nevermore
Thrasher73
Troublezone
bassman
exact33
mc666
Orion Crystal Ice
Dark Horseman
Addy
scottmitchell74
MetallicSeminarian
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Best Tourniquet After Pathogenic
Intense Live
Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic Vote_lcap15%Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic Vote_rcap
 15% [ 4 ]
Vanishing Lessons
Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic Vote_lcap35%Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic Vote_rcap
 35% [ 9 ]
Carry the Wounded e.p.
Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic Vote_lcap0%Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Crawl to China
Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic Vote_lcap4%Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Acoustic Archives
Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic Vote_lcap0%Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Microscopic View of a Telescopic Realm
Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic Vote_lcap35%Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic Vote_rcap
 35% [ 9 ]
Where Moth and Rust Destroy
Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic Vote_lcap8%Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic Vote_rcap
 8% [ 2 ]
Antiseptic Bloodbath
Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic Vote_lcap3%Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 26

AuthorMessage
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic   Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 6:29 pm

I know there are a few Tourniquet fans on here besides myself, so I decided to create this poll. I figured if I included the first 3, the vast majority of the votes would go to those (understandably, of course). So, I'm curious to see what you all think is the best Tourniquet album after the first three.

I'm allowing multiple options so I can pick both Microscopic View and Vanishing Lessons. Microscopic was my introduction to these guys and I find the songwriting on VL to be quite addicting. I like them all to varying degrees, but these two stand out the most to me.

I decided not to include Collected Works, even though "Perfect Night for a Hanging" and "The Hand Trembler" are great. I didn't want there to be the loophole of having all those early tracks available to choose from Razz. Intense Live and Acoustic Archives are different, since they're re-recordings.

Have at it!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic   Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 6:37 pm

I love Antiseptic Bloodbath. I think it's by-far the strongest album since their heyday.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic   Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 6:38 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I love Antiseptic Bloodbath. I think it's by-far the strongest album since their heyday.

It's definitely the closest in spirit to Pathogenic. I actually find the second half of the album (AB) stronger than the first.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic   Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 7:02 pm

I have never heard one Tourniquet tune. I've read alot of people on hear raving about them so I'd like to check them out eventually.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic   Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 7:11 pm

007 wrote:
I have never heard one Tourniquet tune. I've read alot of people on hear raving about them so I'd like to check them out eventually.

Start with Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance, IMHO, but keep in mind that no two TQT albums sound exactly alike. If I get a chance later, I'll post some samples.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic   Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 7:16 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
007 wrote:

Start with Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance, IMHO, but keep in mind that no two TQT albums sound exactly alike. If I get a chance later, I'll post some samples.

cool 
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic   Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 7:16 pm

Pathogenic was IMO the last good album they did that appealed to my tastes after that release was the Intense Live which I liked but after that I was done....
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic   Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 7:21 pm

WMARD and VL are my two picks but nothing touches Pathogenic and Psycho.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic   Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 7:26 pm

There's been stuff going on vocally which just hasn't appealed to me, for whatever reason, from 'Vanishing Lessons' on, but for me there's a huge number of songs you could throw different vocals on, maybe a little more (two) guitar interplay, and they'd be the best stuff the band has ever done..
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic   Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 7:30 pm

For 007 (and others like him):

These guys are my favorite thrash band of all time, so I'm happy to spread the love Smile.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic   Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 7:31 pm

Everything after the first three sucked to my ears.

MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic   Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 7:37 pm

mc666 wrote:
Everything after the first three sucked to my ears.

The first three are arguably their best (especially Psychosurgery and Pathogenic, which is why I recommended to start there), but I like all of it. I also started with Microscopic View, so I didn't come to the later era with the first three glued in my brain.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic   Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 9:19 pm

I went with Microscopic but Acoustic wasnt far behind.

bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic   Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 9:23 pm

After the first 3, I still like VL.......actually, I probably like VL more than Pathogenic.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic   Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 9:24 pm

bassman wrote:
After the first 3, I still like VL.......actually, I probably like VL more than Pathogenic.  

VL has some of their most infectious songwriting ("Bearing Gruesome Cargo," "Vanishing Lessons," "Acidhead."
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic   Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 10:46 pm

Psychosurgery will always be my favorite.

Vanishing and Micro are the least sucky IMO (from the Luke era).

Last edited by Troublezone on Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic   Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 3:00 am

Microscopic and Vanishing Lessons are my fav two since the first three.I also really like Crawl to China despite what most people think of it.There are a lot of catchy tunes on it.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic   Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 9:16 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
I also really like Crawl to China despite what most people think of it.There are a lot of catchy tunes on it.

I like a lot of C2C. I think the problem for me is that there are too many songs on it. If the album was trimmed down to the best 10 or so tracks, I think it would benefit. I did that on my iPod and I found the album more enjoyable that way.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic   Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 10:14 am

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
For 007 (and others like him):

These guys are my favorite thrash band of all time, so I'm happy to spread the love Smile.

Some pretty good stuff right there. I'd like to check into them further. I saw one of their cds (Microscopic View) a few months back at Half Price Books but didn't have the cash to get it then. I'm sure it's gone by now.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic   Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 11:20 am

I went with Vanishing Lessons. It's one of my favorite Tourniquet albums.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic   Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 2:51 pm

Addy wrote:
Pathogenic was IMO the last good album they did that appealed to my tastes after that release was the Intense Live which I liked but after that I was done....

this. Hence my vote for Intense...
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic   Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 3:52 pm

Microscopic View is just too good. Such a unique album.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic   Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 5:07 pm

Thanks for posting those samplers MetallicSeminarian. I only have the first 3 albums on cd (and the debut on cd and tape) and the INTENSE LIVE ep but now i need to buy some more. thanksssssss.
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic   Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 6:38 pm

Microscopic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic   Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 7:42 pm

nevermore wrote:
I went with Vanishing Lessons. It's one of my favorite Tourniquet albums.

Vanishing is good. some good tracks on there.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic   Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Tourniquet Release After Pathogenic
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: