Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Judas Priest rule!!!

Go down 
+17
candlemass
Metal Misfit
DallasBlack
Thrasher73
Chairman_Smith
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
INVADERS
T-Roy
spiritoradio
mc666
the sentinel
mr.electric39
Wargod
GrandNational
Required Fields
ultmetal
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Judas Priest rule!!! Empty
PostSubject: Judas Priest rule!!!   Judas Priest rule!!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 8:09 pm

Just sitting here listening to "Sin After Sin" on vinyl and thought I'd let you all know

PRIEST RULE!

🤘
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest rule!!!   Judas Priest rule!!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 8:11 pm

It bears repeating.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest rule!!!   Judas Priest rule!!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 8:50 pm

"Sin After Sin" is my favorite Priest album. Would love to hear it on vinyl. Cool new avatar Ult.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest rule!!!   Judas Priest rule!!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 9:01 pm

Ah huh they do indeed can't wait for new cd!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest rule!!!   Judas Priest rule!!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 9:01 pm

What's "vinyl"? Smile
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest rule!!!   Judas Priest rule!!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 10:17 pm

"Mr. Downing is primed and ready on a Sunday ohhh....
THE SINNER !!!!"

quoted from Rob Halford on the Live in Memphis Video... (I realize it's now out on DVD, don't have it, so I went from memory on the quote...... One of the Greatest Live concert videos ever...
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest rule!!!   Judas Priest rule!!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 10:33 pm

I never get tired of hearing that!!! 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest rule!!!   Judas Priest rule!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 12:29 am

ultmetal wrote:
Just sitting here listening to "Sin After Sin" on vinyl and thought I'd let you all know

PRIEST RULE!

🤘

THE
greatest album imho. it inspires one to start threads like these. that album is very special to me & probably my favorite album by anyone at anytime!

we danced to Last Rose Of Summer at our wedding.

spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest rule!!!   Judas Priest rule!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 1:47 am

mc666 wrote:

That's pretty awesome Judas Priest rule!!! 604261
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest rule!!!   Judas Priest rule!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 8:19 am

mc666 wrote:

Nice! 🤘
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest rule!!!   Judas Priest rule!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 9:00 am

ultmetal wrote:

PRIEST RULE!

🤘
LMAO! showoff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest rule!!!   Judas Priest rule!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 9:04 am

It was the first studio album I heard other than Turbo back in 86 or 87. It blew me away then and still has the same effect. Their best from the 70's.
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest rule!!!   Judas Priest rule!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 9:20 am

Sin after Sin is awesome.

2nd Priest Album i bought after Stained Class
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest rule!!!   Judas Priest rule!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 9:36 am

I actually never got that album but i do like some songs on it. I prefer Hell Bent for Leather and British Steel.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest rule!!!   Judas Priest rule!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 10:28 am

Sin After Sin is quite good, but here are my five favorite Priest albums:
1. Stained Class
2. Painkiller
3. Defenders of the Faith (OR) Sad Wings of Destiny (TIE)
5. Screaming for Vengeance

Sin After Sin comes in sixth.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest rule!!!   Judas Priest rule!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 10:30 am

All Priest is good Priest (with the possible exception of DEMOLITION) imho, but I rank the early albums like this. Stained Class has always been my fave of the 70s discs.

1. Stained Class
2. Sad Wings Of Destiny
3. Sin After Sin
4. Rocka Rolla
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest rule!!!   Judas Priest rule!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 10:33 am

I'm really getting into the Ripper Years. Jugulator is a GREAT album.

Its kinda funny, they claimed to get rid of Halford so they can go in that direction, but Halford went in a very similar direction with Fight.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest rule!!!   Judas Priest rule!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 10:43 am

Chairman_Smith wrote:

Its kinda funny, they claimed to get rid of Halford so they can go in that direction, but Halford went in a very similar direction with Fight.

I like Jugulator as well. Not sure why people rip on it so. I remember hearing the pre-release single, "Bullet Train" and being blown away. I listened to that song over and over again! It was great! The album has some less than stellar songs on it, but "Bullet Train" and "Cathedral Spires" are easily two of Priest's finer numbers. Thankfully I was able to see the Ripper version of Priest live, at a club noless. Nothing like being up close and personal!
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest rule!!!   Judas Priest rule!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 10:46 am

ultmetal wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:

I like Jugulator as well. Not sure why people rip on it so. I remember hearing the pre-release single, "Bullet Train" and being blown away. I listened to that song over and over again! It was great! The album has some less than stellar songs on it, but "Bullet Train" and "Cathedral Spires" are easily two of Priest's finer numbers. Thankfully I was able to see the Ripper version of Priest live, at a club noless. Nothing like being up close and personal!

I hated Demolition when my dad gave me it on a CD-R so I avoided his Priest era like the plauge, but I got Jugulator and Demolition on CD earlier this year and I don't know why I diden't like it.

Thanks to the new Iced Earth release i'm on a pretty big Ripper kick. Can't wait for my Beyond Fear copy. I wish that Winters Bane CD was cheaper.

Last edited by on Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest rule!!!   Judas Priest rule!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 10:47 am

Jugulator is a very good album. I felt it was pretty dark for a Priest album.

**adding to my lala want list as I type**
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest rule!!!   Judas Priest rule!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 10:54 am

I really like Jugulator.Heck I like anything with Ripper on it.Oh I almost forgot....PRIEST RULES!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest rule!!!   Judas Priest rule!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 11:15 am

ultmetal wrote:

I like Jugulator as well. Not sure why people rip on it so. I remember hearing the pre-release single, "Bullet Train" and being blown away. I listened to that song over and over again! It was great!

You must have gotten the same freebie cassette single of "Bullet Train" that I did, eh? I was shopping in my favorite CD store at the time and found that in their box of "Free Junk" by the door. I had been DYIN' to find out what Priest sounded like with the new guy so I grabbed one, ran out to my car and popped it in the tape deck like "Please don't suck. Please don't suck." As soon as Ripper hit the first high note I was like "All right, the Priest will be fine." 🤘 Of course I bought JUGULATOR as soon as it was released and loved it all the way thru.

That said, I still felt DEMOLITION was a BIG drop in quality... I still listen to "Machine Man" and "Bloodsuckers" off of that one occasionally, but the rest of it... ehhhh... not so good.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest rule!!!   Judas Priest rule!!! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 3:26 pm

Been a Priest fan for over 10 years but only owned best of tapes until I purchased a tape of Painkiller in '96. My first CD purchase was Metal Works then later Jugulator and Live Meltdown (for some reason never listened to Demolition). After I became a Christian I ditched those discs (I still regret that) but once I started listening to secular again I downloaded a lot of their hits and later got Angel Of Retribution. As stated in a previous topic I was more focused on expanding rather than lengthening my collection until recently. I want to get some fuller albums (I got Jugulator again) but right now I'm on a spending freeze and must stick with what I have for a month or so. However, once I am able to buy some more, Virgin has a three disc set of older Priest albums for about $20 (Sad Wings of Destiny, Sin after Sin, and Stained Glass, man I hope it is still there).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest rule!!!   Judas Priest rule!!! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 3:43 pm

ultmetal wrote:

PRIEST RULE!

🤘

You're just now realizing this? Judas Priest rule!!! 19976

🇬🇹 though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest rule!!!   Judas Priest rule!!! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 3:48 pm

I think Demolition is underrated. It's a really good album, if you ask me. The production is weak, but I think it's solid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest rule!!!   Judas Priest rule!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Judas Priest rule!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next