Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What do you guys think about the new LIVING SACRIFICE cd???

Go down 
+13
Thrasher73
Temple of Blood
ultmetal
Eyesore
metalhead777
Lurideath
allthingsmetal
MetallicSeminarian
bgsully
nevermore
candlemass
mc666
krokus
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

What do you guys think about the new LIVING SACRIFICE cd??? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think about the new LIVING SACRIFICE cd???   What do you guys think about the new LIVING SACRIFICE cd??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 10:19 pm

Placing them under the metalcore umbrella is not an insult. I thought that Reborn had some thrash metal influences and was a move away from the death metal sound of the previous two but it was clearly the band following the trends in heavy music, ie. metalcore. I didn't really think they moved away from that sound on the follow-up albums, though the clips I've heard of the new album sound like a definite move towards neo-thrash metal.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think about the new LIVING SACRIFICE cd???   What do you guys think about the new LIVING SACRIFICE cd??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 10:50 pm

I was actually referring to those who think they are defending LS by denying their change to metalcore. As if only the Raven & Anvil crowd defines what is true metal. Metalcore is metal with hardcore influence. LS have been playing it quite well for like 16 years. No shame in that whatsoever.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think about the new LIVING SACRIFICE cd???   What do you guys think about the new LIVING SACRIFICE cd??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 12:13 am

Metalcore wasn't even a genre in 1997 when Reborn came out. Sure, metal-influenced hardcore bands like Integrity and Pro-Pain have been at it for far longer than the genre label has, but I just don't think Living Sacrifice fall into that category. I hear no hardcore. Even alongside the latter-day "metalcore" bands like Killswitch Engage, I don't hear it.

Maybe I'm being a genre snob, but to me Living Sacrifice are far more death metal than metalcore or anything hardcore influenced. Even a band like Caliban and Heaven Shall Burn, both of whom are considered metalcore, don't quite fit that mold for me. But Living Sacrifice, in my opinion, are not very far removed from modern-day Hypocrisy.

Anyway, I'm not saying everyone who labels a band "metalcore" is doing so to be insulting. But often that is the case.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think about the new LIVING SACRIFICE cd???   What do you guys think about the new LIVING SACRIFICE cd??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 12:29 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
OK, so just for the sake of argument, what bands do you put in the following categories:

metalcore -
nu-metal -
groove thrash -

?
Let's see, in order...

lol! 
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think about the new LIVING SACRIFICE cd???   What do you guys think about the new LIVING SACRIFICE cd??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 3:23 am

I also think that the album before was more metalcore but this new one, beside the vocals maybe, has more thrash metal riffs.
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think about the new LIVING SACRIFICE cd???   What do you guys think about the new LIVING SACRIFICE cd??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 8:58 am

Since Reborn, I don't think they fit neatly into any one subgenre. Just to be clear, I listen to a lot of Metalcore too.....but IMO, Living Sacrifice doesn't fit the Metalcore tag that they are often given.  Very Happy

At the end of the day.....I don't care if they are Metalcore, Death, or Britney Spears fusion crossover metal.......I LOVE em. \'arry \'eadbanger 
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think about the new LIVING SACRIFICE cd???   What do you guys think about the new LIVING SACRIFICE cd??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 5:23 am

I agree with Eyesore,LS are more Death Metal than Metalcore.Theres no hardcore element there.Hatebreed are Metalcore,LS are not.
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think about the new LIVING SACRIFICE cd???   What do you guys think about the new LIVING SACRIFICE cd??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 3:48 pm

I've never thought of LS as metalcore. Maybe a little metalcore influence. I personally don't care for their first few albums. DJ's vocals are terrible IMO. They came to form with Reborn. The new album is great.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think about the new LIVING SACRIFICE cd???   What do you guys think about the new LIVING SACRIFICE cd??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 1:54 am

To me, the people who deny the heavy core influence with this band are those who perceive such a tag as being derogatory. It's not, & it doesn't make them any less bad ass.

As for myself, I just don't hear this as death metal. Not even in a modern sense. My opinion is the minority though apparently.

corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think about the new LIVING SACRIFICE cd???   What do you guys think about the new LIVING SACRIFICE cd??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 2:03 am

We all have weird ears. All I hear with this release is thrash. I love it.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think about the new LIVING SACRIFICE cd???   What do you guys think about the new LIVING SACRIFICE cd??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 10:10 am

mc666 wrote:
To me, the people who deny the heavy core influence with this band are those who perceive such a tag as being derogatory. It's not, & it doesn't make them any less bad ass.

As for myself, I just don't hear this as death metal. Not even in a modern sense. My opinion is the minority though apparently.
I'm with you. It's heavy as a tank but it definitely has a heavy core influence, though I do hear the thrash influences on this new album moreso than the past few.

As I recall, I interviewed the band just after Reborn came out and they said they were trying to move away from the death metal sound.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think about the new LIVING SACRIFICE cd???   What do you guys think about the new LIVING SACRIFICE cd??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 2:20 am

I hear very little if any hardcore in their music. If the band was trying to move away from the death metal style, they failed. Haha.
Back to top Go down
steelers
Metal student
Metal student
steelers

Number of posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think about the new LIVING SACRIFICE cd???   What do you guys think about the new LIVING SACRIFICE cd??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 6:45 pm

New albums smokes musically! It is the best thing they have done since the S/T by far. Even the vocals have improved some. Bruce's vocals are not quite as monotonous/monotone or grating as past albums. They are still the one thing that will prevent this album from truly becoming a classic neo-thrash album; however, the music is good enough to put up with them (unlike their other albums). Andy Sneap didn't handle the production side of things this time around. I think the vocals are a bit barried in the mix because of it. Perhaps that is a good thing:-) I like the tempo of the vocals. I just wish they had more variation and were more discernable. That vocal style can work well with groove/thrash metal (add to the agression like another instrument) if they are delivered in a style that can be understood (e.g., Six Feet Deep - Struggle, early Pantera, Mindrage, 1st Fasedown, Godfear, Sepultura, etc.). However, if you can't undestand what is being said it just becomes distracting noise that takes away from the music (i.e., death metal or typical hardcore vocals). Again, the album shreds musically. Maybe they will continue in this direction moving forward (neo-thrash) and Bruce will begin to adjust his vocal delivery to the music. I think that he is capable. It is just a stylistic thing.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think about the new LIVING SACRIFICE cd???   What do you guys think about the new LIVING SACRIFICE cd??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 10:06 pm

The new one is good, but I still like the Infinite Order better.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think about the new LIVING SACRIFICE cd???   What do you guys think about the new LIVING SACRIFICE cd??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 11:17 pm

However you want to label this, it's just damn good! Seriously, I was blown away upon first listen, one sample was enough to get me to order the cd, and I haven't liked any lp by them since the debut!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you guys think about the new LIVING SACRIFICE cd???   What do you guys think about the new LIVING SACRIFICE cd??? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you guys think about the new LIVING SACRIFICE cd???
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2