Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Red Dragon Cartel...The return of Jake E Lee

Go down 
+18
thejokeriv
Lurideath
Glower
glassprison
exact33
assault_attack
Temple of Blood
James B.
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
journeyman
bass63
Orion Crystal Ice
Dark Horseman
Shawn Of Fire
Fat Freddy
brokentulsa
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

Red Dragon Cartel...The return of Jake E Lee - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon Cartel...The return of Jake E Lee   Red Dragon Cartel...The return of Jake E Lee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 11:52 am

I think it sounds good - esp. as Autumn comes on - school starting
has a colorful cool falir to it - I wonder what he looks like now - aged -
Never listened to Badlands - but his Ozzy riffs were fantastic in the day
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon Cartel...The return of Jake E Lee   Red Dragon Cartel...The return of Jake E Lee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 7:25 pm

The singer they have full time isn't very good. Jake still kills though!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon Cartel...The return of Jake E Lee   Red Dragon Cartel...The return of Jake E Lee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 1:25 pm

JAKE E. LEE Reunites With Former BADLANDS Bassist GREG CHAISSON In RED DRAGON CARTEL

Bassist Ron Mancuso has decided to leave RED DRAGON CARTEL, the band led by former OZZY OSBOURNE and BADLANDS guitarist Jake E. Lee, in order to return to his production career. He will be replaced by none other than Lee's former BADLANDS bandmate Greg Chaisson.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon Cartel...The return of Jake E Lee   Red Dragon Cartel...The return of Jake E Lee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 1:39 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
JAKE E. LEE Reunites With Former BADLANDS Bassist GREG CHAISSON In RED DRAGON CARTEL

Bassist Ron Mancuso has decided to leave RED DRAGON CARTEL, the band led by former OZZY OSBOURNE and BADLANDS guitarist Jake E. Lee, in order to return to his production career. He will be replaced by none other than Lee's former BADLANDS bandmate Greg Chaisson.

Now Jake needs to replace the singer!

side note, I do like the album quite a bit...... I thought the vocalist was the weak link (same thing when I saw them live)
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon Cartel...The return of Jake E Lee   Red Dragon Cartel...The return of Jake E Lee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 10:00 am

thejokeriv wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

side note, I do like the album quite a bit...... I thought the vocalist was the weak link (same thing when I saw them live)

Looks like you got your wish Razz

Quote :
RED DRAGON CARTEL, the band led by former OZZY OSBOURNE and BADLANDS guitarist Jake E. Lee, has parted ways with singer Darren James Smith and has replaced him with Michael Beck.

Smith will shortly hit the road with the veteran Canadian rock outfit HAREM SCAREM, in which he plays drums and sings.

Michael Beck is the owner, engineer, and producer at SoundVision Recording Studio in Mesa, Arizona. He has worked with such acts as SOILWORK, MARILYN MANSON, ABIGAIL WILLIAMS, THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER and DAATH.

Commented Smith: "It is true I left RED DRAGON CARTEL. [It's] kinda complicated, but I think it was the right thing to do. One day I'll comment more. For now, 'that's all, folks!!!'"

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon Cartel...The return of Jake E Lee   Red Dragon Cartel...The return of Jake E Lee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 3:12 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Looks like you got your wish Razz

Quote :
RED DRAGON CARTEL, the band led by former OZZY OSBOURNE and BADLANDS guitarist Jake E. Lee, has parted ways with singer Darren James Smith and has replaced him with Michael Beck.

Smith will shortly hit the road with the veteran Canadian rock outfit HAREM SCAREM, in which he plays drums and sings.

Michael Beck is the owner, engineer, and producer at SoundVision Recording Studio in Mesa, Arizona. He has worked with such acts as SOILWORK, MARILYN MANSON, ABIGAIL WILLIAMS, THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER and DAATH.

Commented Smith: "It is true I left RED DRAGON CARTEL. [It's] kinda complicated, but I think it was the right thing to do. One day I'll comment more. For now, 'that's all, folks!!!'"

Nice.... He was the weak link - looking forward to the next album!
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon Cartel...The return of Jake E Lee   Red Dragon Cartel...The return of Jake E Lee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 12:20 pm

They are coming to Chicago in June. I'll definitely check out the new lineup. I have to imagine the replacement is more capable of handling the Badlands/Ozzy tunes. Looking forward to a new record.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon Cartel...The return of Jake E Lee   Red Dragon Cartel...The return of Jake E Lee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 11:11 am

Chaisson is gone now too...

Quote :
Bassist Greg Chaisson has announced his departure from RED DRAGON CARTEL, the band led by former OZZY OSBOURNE and BADLANDS guitarist Jake E. Lee. Greg says: "I'm afraid to say real life just jumped right up and got in the way of my good time. I can no longer take any more time away from my regular job. I want to thank everyone in the RED DRAGON CARTEL organization, and most of all, my best friend Jake E. Lee. And a very special thanks to all of you who have treated me so great! They will continue on without me and it will be fantastic as always."

Chaisson's replacement in RED DRAGON CARTEL is Anthony Esposito, who has previously played with Ace Frehley.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon Cartel...The return of Jake E Lee   Red Dragon Cartel...The return of Jake E Lee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 5:32 pm

Kinda weird how the bassist left shortly after the singer. He claims his day job won't give him anymore time off.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon Cartel...The return of Jake E Lee   Red Dragon Cartel...The return of Jake E Lee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 11:24 am

Jake can't catch a break with singers...

Quote :
Video footage of RED DRAGON CARTEL kicking off the Miami concert with a rendition of OZZY OSBOURNE's "The Ultimate Sin" — with the band's new vocalist, Michael Beck, inexplicably singing the lyrics to OSBOURNE's "Now You See It (Now You Don't)" over most of it

I'd post the cell phone video, but the audio is so terrible, it's not worth watching. The dude could've been singing 'Mary Had A Little Lamb' and you wouldn't know it. It's a garbled mess.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon Cartel...The return of Jake E Lee   Red Dragon Cartel...The return of Jake E Lee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 11:27 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Jake can't catch a break with singers...

Quote :
Video footage of RED DRAGON CARTEL kicking off the Miami concert with a rendition of OZZY OSBOURNE's "The Ultimate Sin" — with the band's new vocalist, Michael Beck, inexplicably singing the lyrics to OSBOURNE's "Now You See It (Now You Don't)" over most of it

I'd post the cell phone video, but the audio is so terrible, it's not worth watching. The dude could've been singing 'Mary Had A Little Lamb' and you wouldn't know it. It's a garbled mess.

That's hilarious !
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon Cartel...The return of Jake E Lee   Red Dragon Cartel...The return of Jake E Lee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 11:33 am

Wow, kind of sad and terrible. You'd think Jake could get better then that.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon Cartel...The return of Jake E Lee   Red Dragon Cartel...The return of Jake E Lee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 11:55 am

Ridiculous! Poor Jake - the entire Red Dragon Cartel experience has been a disaster.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon Cartel...The return of Jake E Lee   Red Dragon Cartel...The return of Jake E Lee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 12:04 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Ridiculous! Poor Jake - the entire Red Dragon Cartel experience has been a disaster.

As much as I want to laugh about it (and I do), I also feel sorry for him. This was supposed to be his big comeback and it's been nothing but a series of Spinal Tap-ish catastrophes.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon Cartel...The return of Jake E Lee   Red Dragon Cartel...The return of Jake E Lee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 12:51 pm

This new guy is still better than the previous singer.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon Cartel...The return of Jake E Lee   Red Dragon Cartel...The return of Jake E Lee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 9:31 am

Got your scorecards ready? Another line-up change for the Red Dragon Cartel...

Quote :
RED DRAGON CARTEL, the band led by former OZZY OSBOURNE and BADLANDS guitarist Jake E. Lee, has tapped singer Chas West (Jason Bonham, LYNCH MOB, 3 LEGGED DOGG) to front the group for its next round of tour dates, which kicks off this Friday, May 1 in Portland, Oregon.

RED DRAGON CARTEL's most recent vocalist, Michael Beck, played his last show with the band on April 26 in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon Cartel...The return of Jake E Lee   Red Dragon Cartel...The return of Jake E Lee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 10:43 am

Oy vey!! Another new singer...

Quote :
RED DRAGON CARTEL, the band led by former OZZY OSBOURNE and BADLANDS guitarist Jake E. Lee, has recruited Canadian singer Paul D'Eath (CITIZENS UNITE, MUSHROOM TRAIL) to front the group for its upcoming shows.

RED DRAGON CARTEL's last singer, Chas West (Jason Bonham, LYNCH MOB, 3 LEGGED DOGG), made his live debut with the band in Portland, Oregon on May 1 — only days after Michael Beck played his last show with the band on April 26 in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/jake-e-lees-red-dragon-cartel-recruits-canadian-singer-paul-death/#KdRwBbHxlVc3U0gG.99

No reason was given for Chas West's departure. Dunno what happened there. don\'t know Probably wised-up after playing a few dive bars for beer money. Cool

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon Cartel...The return of Jake E Lee   Red Dragon Cartel...The return of Jake E Lee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 10:48 am

Jake needs to change the name of this band to Revolving Door Carousel.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon Cartel...The return of Jake E Lee   Red Dragon Cartel...The return of Jake E Lee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 11:13 am

If I am not mistaken, I seem to recall something about utilizing different vocalists along this tour cycle. I don't know if it's a way of live-auditioning or just logistics, but for some reason I am definitely thinking I heard that.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon Cartel...The return of Jake E Lee   Red Dragon Cartel...The return of Jake E Lee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 11:18 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
If I am not mistaken, I seem to recall something about utilizing different vocalists along this tour cycle. I don't know if it's a way of live-auditioning or just logistics, but for some reason I am definitely thinking I heard that.

Hit up Mr. Lee on Facebook and tell him you're available for any Carolina dates Razz

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon Cartel...The return of Jake E Lee   Red Dragon Cartel...The return of Jake E Lee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 11:19 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Hit up Mr. Lee on Facebook and tell him you're available for any Carolina dates Razz

They already played Raleigh with the guy before Chas.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon Cartel...The return of Jake E Lee   Red Dragon Cartel...The return of Jake E Lee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 4:17 pm

Kindof makes sense to audition vocalists before you settle on a permanent one for the next album.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon Cartel...The return of Jake E Lee   Red Dragon Cartel...The return of Jake E Lee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 4:36 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Kindof makes sense to audition vocalists before you settle on a permanent one for the next album.

There is that...

I think he needs to get John Corabi and be done with it. Or Roy Cathey.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon Cartel...The return of Jake E Lee   Red Dragon Cartel...The return of Jake E Lee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 4:59 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

There is that...

I think he needs to get John Corabi and be done with it. Or Roy Cathey.

If he is doing that, he should probably make it known so it doesn't look like he's just burning through singers for no apparent reason. Shawn "thinks he might have maybe read that somewhere". One quick post on Facebook or whatever from Jake could clear-up any misconceptions.

Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon Cartel...The return of Jake E Lee   Red Dragon Cartel...The return of Jake E Lee - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Maybe this tread should be named "Red Dragon Cartel...The End of Jake E Lee " If he is having such a problem with singers, Then Go get Chris Logan... I thought he was awesome on retraced, In fact he was awesome on Retraced..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon Cartel...The return of Jake E Lee   Red Dragon Cartel...The return of Jake E Lee - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Red Dragon Cartel...The return of Jake E Lee
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next