Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Re-visiting Peace Sells

Go down 
+29
MetalRob331
Fat Freddy
sheets
thejokeriv
MetallicSeminarian
James B.
manny
Short-Fuse
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
journeyman
BearOnUnicycle
Thrasher73
Troublezone
choosemetal
Boris2008
mc666
Lurideath
Required Fields
Addy
tribunalrecords
Leatherface
Thelemech
corplhicks
Witchfinder
MoonChild
mlotek
ZombieHavoc
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Re-visiting Peace Sells - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-visiting Peace Sells   Re-visiting Peace Sells - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 1:17 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
I'm not clear on how Dave's recent ramblings are worse than his ramblings in the 80s.

They aren't. It's just that they are more widely available on YouTube and Blabbermouth.

Back in the day, if he said something interesting/controversial in a magazine or tv interview, it was done and forgotten in a day. Now those comments can live forever in cyber-space.

Lots more venues available these days too for him to spout-off. Back in the day, there was basically just MTV and a handful of magazines. Now he can show up on a million different cable channels and internet shows and talk till he's blue in the face if he wants. Alex Jones could have him in on a weekly basis if he wanted to.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Re-visiting Peace Sells   Re-visiting Peace Sells - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 9:04 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
I'm not clear on how Dave's recent ramblings are worse than his ramblings in the 80s.

Well, for me specifically, I was not aware of any of his ideas in the 80s and 90s. I wasn't really into reading interviews with people....so it was different from today where a news site I'm scrolling across and easily see stuff.

Plus, I personally wouldn't have cared anyway back in the day what he said, because I was a kid and could not have cared less about politics and what not. As an adult, the people behind the music is often important to me. As a young kid, it was not.

Edit: see response above me. Heh.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Re-visiting Peace Sells   Re-visiting Peace Sells - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 10:28 am

Dave has always been very outspoken. This has caused him quite a bit of heartache over the years. The interesting thing is his insistence on injecting his opinions at awkward moments. I think that he gets press because of the manner and situation of his expression as much as what he's saying.
Back to top Go down
Short-Fuse
Metal student
Metal student
Short-Fuse

Number of posts : 195

PostSubject: Re: Re-visiting Peace Sells   Re-visiting Peace Sells - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 2:37 pm

I whole heartily agree with about 95% Dave's politics. Can some one please tell me why belief in conspiracies is considered insane? Can you not respect the right for EVERYONE to have their own beliefs? I''ll never understand the sheer hatred conspiracy theories evoke. Why hate some one for their personal beliefs? We all have them. Where's the respect, and agreeing to disagree?
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Re-visiting Peace Sells   Re-visiting Peace Sells - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 2:52 pm

Short-Fuse wrote:
I whole heartily agree with about 95% Dave's politics. Can some one please tell me why belief in conspiracies is considered insane? Can you not respect the right for EVERYONE to have their own beliefs? I''ll never understand the sheer hatred conspiracy theories evoke. Why hate some one for their personal beliefs? We all have them. Where's the respect, and agreeing to disagree?
Conspiracy theories are fine; the main issue is with the excessive circulation and publication of public misinformation, especially on the internet. My sister is heavy with the conspiracy theories and I've been able to apply empirical evidence and deductive logic to disprove hundreds of her theories, yet still she rages on with them on Facebook and such. There needs to be more control and order within these groups and individuals because improper handling of information is a very dangerous road and can ultimately lead to destructive ends.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Re-visiting Peace Sells   Re-visiting Peace Sells - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 3:02 pm

Short-Fuse wrote:
I mean, he can believe what he wants, I don't care. But when people just get ridiculous, I can't take them. I could not care less if someone has the same politics I do, if they lean the same way I do, vote the same way I do...

But, just to cite his recent stuff, when someone starts accusing a president of staging mass murders to benefit their campaign platforms...well, I don't care if you're talking about Obama, Bush 1 or 2, Clinton, Reagan, Ford, Nixon or JFK...in my book, you are just now a joke and I can no longer take you seriously.

Mustaine just comes across as an insane paranoiac...not quite the level of hate and bigotry as Nugent or anything, but not the fun way like Ace Frehley either.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Re-visiting Peace Sells   Re-visiting Peace Sells - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 3:04 pm

corplhicks wrote:
yet still she rages on with them on Facebook and such. There needs to be more control and order within these groups and individuals because improper handling of information is a very dangerous road and can ultimately lead to destructive ends.
That's the other thing, in addition to what I said. It seems like people with these kind of ideas just bleat you to death with them. Like they can never turn it off...their fears and paranoia consumes them and that's all the post or talk about.

If your entire life is devoted to be scared of the government...yeah, I don't really trust people like that. Those are the people that get weird and do weird things.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Re-visiting Peace Sells   Re-visiting Peace Sells - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 3:40 pm

His political rantings on Obama are almost as silly as Ted Nugent's, the only difference is that at least Dave Mustaine disdain for politicans is across the board, he also ranted against George W Bush.

Either way if I agree or disagree with an artist political view is not important to me. I like their music and that is really all I care about.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Re-visiting Peace Sells   Re-visiting Peace Sells - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 3:42 pm

manny wrote:
His political rantings on Obama are almost as silly as Ted Nugent's, the only difference is that at least Dave Mustaine disdain for politicans is across the board, he also ranted against George W Bush.

Either way if I agree or disagree with an artist political view is not important to me. I like their music and that is really all I care about.
I definitely...appreciate(?)...the fact that his political rants are against both sides. My disagreement with his politics is not coming from my liberal-ness.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Re-visiting Peace Sells   Re-visiting Peace Sells - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 3:45 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
manny wrote:

I definitely...appreciate(?)...the fact that his political rants are against both sides. My disagreement with his politics is not coming from my liberal-ness.

Mine usually would be!!!
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Re-visiting Peace Sells   Re-visiting Peace Sells - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 3:53 pm

manny wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:
manny wrote:

Mine usually would be!!!
Haha, I have no problem with conservative/right wing artists. No problem at all. Some times artists' politics barely even come in to play (for example, I know Alice Cooper is conservative--but you rarely hear any comments from him, and when you do, they are generally pretty diplomatic.

What turns me off is when things turn to or come from a place of hate or paranoia. That goes for anyone, whatever their politics. I just can't hang with that.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Re-visiting Peace Sells   Re-visiting Peace Sells - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 3:54 pm

manny wrote:

+1
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Re-visiting Peace Sells   Re-visiting Peace Sells - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 4:06 pm

corplhicks wrote:
manny wrote:

+1
Well, I don't care if I disagree with someone's political view (aforementioned Alice Cooper). But when someone is shitty about it, it causes a disconnect from their music for me.

So like another example of not caring is Jon Schaffer. I didn't even know his political leanings, until one day I was listening to the interview disc with Horror Show and the interviewer mentioned the 2000 election and all the recount and all that junk. Jon said something like, "Well, let's just say I'm happy with the outcome."

So, aside from that comment, I did not know a thing about his political ideas. The music did not represent it in any way...and even if it did, there is not any inidication that the guy was a dick (he might be, I don't know, but nothing that I had heard from suggested it). Obivously, he would later get a bit more political in his music, especially his solo stuff....but his ideas were so comical that I could listen to it the same way I listen to Steel Panther.

Anway, who cares. I'm gonna go headbang.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Re-visiting Peace Sells   Re-visiting Peace Sells - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 4:14 pm

manny wrote:

Same here. I couldn't care less about someone's political views, etc.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Re-visiting Peace Sells   Re-visiting Peace Sells - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 5:30 pm

Great album with tons of memories attached to it.

Megadeth has always been an interesting band and I for one am kewl with them changing things up. The results have been hit n miss, yet their catalog has been more consistent than most bands of that era. (IMHDO)

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Re-visiting Peace Sells   Re-visiting Peace Sells - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 6:58 pm

corplhicks wrote:
manny wrote:

+1
+2

Unless they are waaaaaaayyyyy out there, like Varg, then I do care.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Re-visiting Peace Sells   Re-visiting Peace Sells - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 9:13 pm

I think Peace Sells has become my favorite of the first 4 Megadeth albums.

For some reason, I tend to like Countdown to Extinction, Youthanasia, and Cryptic Writings the most, though. There's something about Megadeth's "commercial" period I really like (as opposed to Metallica's which, outside of the black album, makes me want to punch kittens and stuff).
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Re-visiting Peace Sells   Re-visiting Peace Sells - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 8:35 am

Great album - listened to it last week and it still hold up well! I do like RIP better, but still a killer album. And Dave's politics don't bug me at all... he's equal opportunity against both parties.
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Re-visiting Peace Sells   Re-visiting Peace Sells - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 4:18 pm

Yeah, I was listening to this one a couple of weeks ago and having a good time with it.

Dave's politics don't strike me as bad because of any particular leaning he has, but rather because he expresses them in a garbled incoherent way that is similar to a lot of artists that insist on being outspoken. He'll say something that sounds very agreeable, and then add a cherry on top that makes you realize he's just disappeared through the looking glass.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Re-visiting Peace Sells   Re-visiting Peace Sells - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 4:47 pm

Dave's always been a Froot Loop. As long as he stays angry, it's fine with me. When he's angry he makes cool speed metal records. When he's happy, he makes middle of the road crap like Cryptic Writings.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Re-visiting Peace Sells   Re-visiting Peace Sells - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 5:20 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Dave's always been a Froot Loop. As long as he stays angry, it's fine with me. When he's angry he makes cool speed metal records. When he's happy, he makes middle of the road crap like Cryptic Writings.

Love that album! Re-visiting Peace Sells - Page 2 506406 tr00
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Re-visiting Peace Sells   Re-visiting Peace Sells - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 5:23 pm

I don't think I've read an interview with Mustaine since the 80s, he always came off like a prick and annoyed me to no end so I stopped paying any attention to him so it wouldn't ruin my appreciation for his music.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Re-visiting Peace Sells   Re-visiting Peace Sells - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 5:46 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Love that album! Re-visiting Peace Sells - Page 2 506406 tr00
Top 3 for me Smile
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Re-visiting Peace Sells   Re-visiting Peace Sells - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 9:06 pm

I enjoy "Cryptic Writings" due to my similar experiences with kicking a heroin habit. The same goes for my liking "Temple Of The Dog".

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Re-visiting Peace Sells   Re-visiting Peace Sells - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 3:46 pm

I always thought that Devils Island was a good track, but of the earlier Megadeth stuff, In my Darkest Hour is probably my favorite song by them. I have to agree with MetallicSeminarian that I enjoy the commercial stuff a bit more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Re-visiting Peace Sells   Re-visiting Peace Sells - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Re-visiting Peace Sells
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next