Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Re-visiting Peace Sells

Go down 
+29
MetalRob331
Fat Freddy
sheets
thejokeriv
MetallicSeminarian
James B.
manny
Short-Fuse
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
journeyman
BearOnUnicycle
Thrasher73
Troublezone
choosemetal
Boris2008
mc666
Lurideath
Required Fields
Addy
tribunalrecords
Leatherface
Thelemech
corplhicks
Witchfinder
MoonChild
mlotek
ZombieHavoc
33 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

Re-visiting Peace Sells Empty
PostSubject: Re-visiting Peace Sells   Re-visiting Peace Sells Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 9:09 am

I've grown distant from Megadeth in recent years. This is due in large part to Dave Mustaine's ridiculous politics, theories and conspiracies becoming close unbearable. However, the fact that 'Deth's music lately has not been at the top of the heap for me has made it easy.

Which bums me out, as Megadeth was huge in my music development for three big reasons:
1. So Far So Good was the first real metal album I got, in 1990.
2. The video for the cover of "No More Mr. Nice Guy" led me to Alice Cooper, who has remained an favorite for 25 years.
3. The cover of "Anarchy in the UK" led me to the Sex Pistols, which opened up a whole new door to a style of music that consumed my teenage years.

But sometimes, in the midst of current Mustania, I forget just how freaking excellent Peace Sells is. Everything up through Countdown is great, but there is just something so on point about PS. Damn. Loving it right now.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Re-visiting Peace Sells   Re-visiting Peace Sells Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 10:09 am

That's always been a favourite. All Megadeth albums for me were, until The System Has Failed.

I wish I bought the 5.1 audio dvd of Peace Sells that was released in 2003. Seemed expensive at the time, but now would be curious if the mix could be fiddled with, like just have the lead guitar alone, or bass and drums alone.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Re-visiting Peace Sells   Re-visiting Peace Sells Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 10:59 am

I just played this album earlier today as well, love it, loved it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Re-visiting Peace Sells   Re-visiting Peace Sells Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 11:34 am

Peace Sells is still one of my favorites from the 80s and I pull it out about once a year and jam it. Easily my favorite Megadeth album and also I think their most unique and interesting lineup. While most early thrash bands were filled with young players just bursting onto the professional scene Dave decided to hire a couple veteran L.A. jazz/fusion players (Gar & Chris) and that helped provide the unique sound for their first 2 albums.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Re-visiting Peace Sells   Re-visiting Peace Sells Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 12:22 pm

Great album. It's probably my favorite from them.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Re-visiting Peace Sells   Re-visiting Peace Sells Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 2:25 pm

My absolute favorite as well, even more beloved than Rust in Peace. The Conjuring is some of the best thrash interplay I've ever heard.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Re-visiting Peace Sells   Re-visiting Peace Sells Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 3:02 pm

This album was my first Megadeth. I still listen to it and love it just as much as I did in junior high.
My second favorite right after Rust In Peace.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Re-visiting Peace Sells   Re-visiting Peace Sells Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 3:13 pm

First record by Megadeth I bought and it's my favorite of theirs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
tribunalrecords
Metal novice
Metal novice
tribunalrecords

Number of posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: Re-visiting Peace Sells   Re-visiting Peace Sells Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 3:43 pm

two words. THE CONJURING!

Yes, I too have to REALLY try hard to separate the Megadeth catalog (which I love) with Mustaine rantings and general insanity. Those early albums are too connected to my youth to let them go or let Dave f**k them up for me now. haha.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tribunalrecords.net
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Re-visiting Peace Sells   Re-visiting Peace Sells Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 6:42 pm

Still Love Megadeth
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Re-visiting Peace Sells   Re-visiting Peace Sells Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 6:51 pm

Great album!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Re-visiting Peace Sells   Re-visiting Peace Sells Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 7:54 pm

His rantings and ravings don't bother me. Everyone always has something to say but for some reason ns I guess I just don't give a shit what he has to say. haha

I like 3 Megadeth albums only and that is Peace Sells, So Far, and Endgame. I do agree Peace Sells is a beast, but not my favorite. I do like it a lot though!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Re-visiting Peace Sells   Re-visiting Peace Sells Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 7:55 pm

This was my first Megadeth album too. Just a great release. Loved it from the get go. I've seen The Conjuring mentioned a couple times. A great song to be sure but I've always leaned more to My Last Words as the favorite on it.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Re-visiting Peace Sells   Re-visiting Peace Sells Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 1:51 am

I only like Peace Sells & Rust in Peace. Everything else I find ranging from meh to awful.

Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Re-visiting Peace Sells   Re-visiting Peace Sells Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 2:01 am

I've liked every Megadeth album to some extent but those first two albums were a different band, different intensity and frankly different class to the later stuff.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Re-visiting Peace Sells   Re-visiting Peace Sells Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 2:15 am

007 wrote:
This was my first Megadeth album too. Just a great release. Loved it from the get go. I've seen The Conjuring mentioned a couple times. A great song to be sure but I've always leaned more to My Last Words as the favorite on it.
My last words!! Such a great song one of the first Megadeth songs I ever heard.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Re-visiting Peace Sells   Re-visiting Peace Sells Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 4:34 am

Rust was my favorite Megadeth album for a long time. But now I like Peace Sells more. The lyrics are dark and the music is great!

Favorite tracks are:

Wake Up Dead
The Conjuring
My Last Words
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Re-visiting Peace Sells   Re-visiting Peace Sells Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 4:55 am

Peace Sells has always been my favorite Deth album.R.I.P would be second.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Re-visiting Peace Sells   Re-visiting Peace Sells Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 4:57 am

Is it me or does anyone else hear a Mercyful Fate influence on Peace Sells? There's definitely a more sinister sound than anything he's done since.

Last edited by Troublezone on Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Re-visiting Peace Sells   Re-visiting Peace Sells Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 5:06 am

It definitely has an eerieness to it.I thought that So Far So Good was kinda dark but there's still a difference there i can't describe
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Re-visiting Peace Sells   Re-visiting Peace Sells Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 7:21 am

Never liked Peace Sells as it has too much thrash in it. And since I generally don't like thrsah, Megadave became great from So Far and onward in my book. Wake up Dead and title track crush though.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Re-visiting Peace Sells   Re-visiting Peace Sells Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 8:23 am

One of my favorites from the era. This was my first from the band and probably the one that gets the most plays. It had anger, aggression, and top notch musicianship. At first I wasn't too sure about the latest thing happening in music, but this album convinced me to give it a try.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Re-visiting Peace Sells   Re-visiting Peace Sells Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 11:56 am

Great album!

I don't see how someone who likes this wouldn't like KIMB though!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Re-visiting Peace Sells   Re-visiting Peace Sells Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 12:32 pm

So many fond memories of this album. I'm not sure if it was my first Megadeth album, but pretty close. Killing Is My Business...might have been my introduction to the band. Either way, killer album that still gets regular listens from me. Made me a fan-boy for life, despite Dave's latter-day ramblings. Re-visiting Peace Sells 506406 

Still can't help of thinking of the MTV News music when I hear those bass notes.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Re-visiting Peace Sells   Re-visiting Peace Sells Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 1:08 pm

I'm not clear on how Dave's recent ramblings are worse than his ramblings in the 80s.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Re-visiting Peace Sells   Re-visiting Peace Sells Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Re-visiting Peace Sells
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: