Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DUCK DYNASTY

Go down 
+23
ultmetal
thejokeriv
nevermore
Shawn Of Fire
Addy
tohostudios
scottmitchell74
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Sword Of The Heretic
DakotaRogers
mikeinfla
Thrasher73
Witchfinder
Leatherface
jettafiend
Boris2008
exact33
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
corplhicks
MetalGuy71
brokentulsa
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

DUCK DYNASTY - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUCK DYNASTY   DUCK DYNASTY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 4:40 pm

I don't know about you guys, but living in eastern Kentucky, this show has been driven into the ground by everyone. You can't go anywhere without seeing their merchandise everywhere.

Don't you just hate it when semi-decent television shows have these obsessive, cult-like followings that make the whole thing so gross and pretentious? Especially shit like "The Walking Dead."

Back to top Go down
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 605

PostSubject: Re: DUCK DYNASTY   DUCK DYNASTY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 5:30 pm

Happy Happy Happy
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: DUCK DYNASTY   DUCK DYNASTY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 9:24 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:
I don't know about you guys, but living in eastern Kentucky, this show has been driven into the ground by everyone. You can't go anywhere without seeing their merchandise everywhere.

Don't you just hate it when semi-decent television shows have these obsessive, cult-like followings that make the whole thing so gross and pretentious? Especially shit like "The Walking Dead."

the merchandising is over the top. I will agree with that.

Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: DUCK DYNASTY   DUCK DYNASTY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 3:22 am

Hey Dakota good to see another Kentucky boy on here.Where you live in Eastern Ky?
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

PostSubject: Re: DUCK DYNASTY   DUCK DYNASTY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:10 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
Hey Dakota good to see another Kentucky boy on here.Where you live in Eastern Ky?

Pikeville, unfortunately!  lol! 

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: DUCK DYNASTY   DUCK DYNASTY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 8:38 pm

I just watched the Christmas special and what a hoot!!!

Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: DUCK DYNASTY   DUCK DYNASTY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:20 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:

Pikeville, unfortunately!  lol! 

I live over near Whitesburg.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: DUCK DYNASTY   DUCK DYNASTY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:26 pm

Never seen it. But my buddy is a fan. He told me they became millionaires off of selling those little duck whistles? I am no hunter, but how could that even be possible? As far as reality tv in general? I'll stick with the idiots on Tosh.0 and Worlds Dumbest. At least that really is reality.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: DUCK DYNASTY   DUCK DYNASTY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:41 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Never seen it.  But my buddy is a fan.  He told me they became millionaires off of selling those little duck whistles?  I am no hunter, but how could that even be possible?  As far as reality tv in general?  I'll stick with the idiots on Tosh.0 and Worlds Dumbest.  At least that really is reality.

The duck calls they sell range in price from $20 - $250+. They have been selling them since 1972.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: DUCK DYNASTY   DUCK DYNASTY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 9:26 am

I'm mystified by the popularity of these types of shows. I got sucked in to the first season of Survivor, felt like a sucker, and have sworn them off ever since. However, I have heard positive things about this one. It seems like the least offensive (or even actively positive) of all such shows.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

PostSubject: Re: DUCK DYNASTY   DUCK DYNASTY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 6:45 pm

There's a bunch of older people on Facebook right now having a flamewar over Duck Dynasty.

Now that's the bullshit I'm talking about.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: DUCK DYNASTY   DUCK DYNASTY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 6:49 pm

I've never seen the show and never will because I don't do "reality TV" unless it's news or sports but I AM following this whole Brouhaha over what the patriarch of the Duck guys said about homosexuality.

I want to see where this goes before I render an opinion.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: DUCK DYNASTY   DUCK DYNASTY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 9:30 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I've never seen the show and never will because I don't do "reality TV" unless it's news or sports but I AM following this whole Brouhaha over what the patriarch of the Duck guys said about homosexuality.  

I want to see where this goes before I render an opinion.

I am as well.

corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: DUCK DYNASTY   DUCK DYNASTY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 12:16 am

Nobody is listening to me on Facebook, and probably no one's gonna listen here as well, but I find it funny that nobody realizes this is a PR stunt and a marketing tool. A&E has mounted a Red State-savvy pre fixe meal and their numbers are going to be through the roof for the upcoming season.

I don't get it. Everyone worships this Phil Robertson dude when their only perception of him is a heavily edited show that he and a bigass network has control over. Plus he was never fired; he's still gonna collect checks off this thing. I'm just not that trusting.

And my local Christmas light event sucked. There were way too many f*cking Duck Dynasty references. Why no one hasn't gotten an intestinal blockage from this crap is beyond me. Must be a subliminal message in the show that escaped me.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: DUCK DYNASTY   DUCK DYNASTY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 6:17 am

I agree it sounds like a PR stunt cuz you know the execs need to get that platinum - diamond plating on their yachts or theyre gonna cry broke
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: DUCK DYNASTY   DUCK DYNASTY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 6:22 am

Never watched the show, don't give a sh*t about the controversy, they can't make me care no matter how many Facebook memes they come up with.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: DUCK DYNASTY   DUCK DYNASTY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 8:47 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Never watched the show, don't give a sh*t about the controversy, they can't make me care no matter how many Facebook memes they come up with.

+1

Agreed 100%
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: DUCK DYNASTY   DUCK DYNASTY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 10:58 am

Quote :
I find it funny that nobody realizes this is a PR stunt and a marketing tool.

Exactly. They're already planning next season's "The Return Of..." episode.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: DUCK DYNASTY   DUCK DYNASTY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 11:23 am

I've watched the show on occasion. But I'm already sick of all this fuss over it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: DUCK DYNASTY   DUCK DYNASTY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 11:25 am

I swear to Gawd I'm staying off of Facebook till this nonsense dies down. I can't stand the sight of any more "friends" polluting my FB feed with endless "I Stand with Phil Robertson" memes/updates...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: DUCK DYNASTY   DUCK DYNASTY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 11:48 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I swear to Gawd I'm staying off of Facebook till this nonsense dies down. I can't stand the sight of any more "friends" polluting my FB feed with endless "I Stand with Phil Robertson" memes/updates...

Time to get new friends !  lol! 
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: DUCK DYNASTY   DUCK DYNASTY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 11:53 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

I feel the same way.... I've got both side of it on my FB feed.....

You ask a 67 year old Evangelical Christian from the backwoods of LA what he thinks of homosexuality, what do you think his answer is going to be? Total set up from GQ - they knew exactly what his answer would be and they planned it out to sell copies of the GQ.... and A&E knew EXACTLY what was going to be in the article long before it was published and are now using it to their advantage to sell more commercials with the promise of a big audience to the buyers.

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: DUCK DYNASTY   DUCK DYNASTY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 4:42 pm

I enjoy the show. It's actually the only "reality" show that I do enjoy. I find it funny, as does my family. Don't really give a rip that it's scripted. What on TV isn't scripted?

As for the controversy, it's stupid. Everyone knows and has known for years what Phil Robertson and his family believed about homosexuality or any other sexual behavior outside of marriage. They've been quite open and honest about it in their autobiographies, in interviews and in his public speeches. Why this one became a big deal and some stupid Gay/Lesbian group felt the need to have a hissy fit and demand his head on a platter is beyond me.

Is is at PR stunt? Might be, but it also proves the point that you aren't allowed to publicly DISAGREE with the homosexual lifestyle. If you DISAGREE with the homosexual lifestyle, you are considered to be a HATE monger. I DISAGREE with the idea of people doing drugs, but I don't HATE the people that do it. It just seems that the people who constantly complain about intolerance, are pretty darned intolerant themselves.

What it boils down to for A&E was a snap business decision. Time will tell if it was a wise decision or not. If they lose the show, it won't be since it's their biggest and highest rated show ever. If they manage to work things out with the Robertsons, then their ratings will probably go though the roof. Good for them.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: DUCK DYNASTY   DUCK DYNASTY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 4:55 pm

There seems to be a catch, however. Most of the talk regarding this controversy is coming from conservative America--like FF said, all the memes and "I Stand with Phil Robertson." It seems to me--and I'm very much pro-marriage equality--that the LGBT community isn't really raising a fuss about it. In fact, they're either ignoring it or taking a more neutral position (meaning Phil had every right to say what he said and A&E had every right to do what they did). I ask my gay friends what they think and they could care less what the old man said. Even George Takei stood up for Phil and said he has first amendment rights and that we should allow others to disagree with the lifestyle.

So one has to wonder if this is a generalization in saying that those preaching tolerance practice intolerance. Most gays and lesbians aren't fighting for a homosexual utopia--they want to start families and have equal rights. So when the right disagrees with them or vocalize their claims against homosexual marriage, it's no big deal. It's when action is taken to prevent their rights from taking shape.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: DUCK DYNASTY   DUCK DYNASTY - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 5:01 pm

I don't know about the LGBT community being quiet or taking a neutral opinion. I watch four news channels all at one time while I am doing cardio in the AM. It seemed to me there was a lot of LGBT "representatives" on the show saying that Phil was reprehensible and that they were disgusted. So someone is raising a fuss.

Oh, I lied, I also like that "reality show" American Pickers, which is a whole different thing.

PostSubject: Re: DUCK DYNASTY   DUCK DYNASTY - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DUCK DYNASTY
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next