Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DUCK DYNASTY

Go down 
+23
ultmetal
thejokeriv
nevermore
Shawn Of Fire
Addy
tohostudios
scottmitchell74
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Sword Of The Heretic
DakotaRogers
mikeinfla
Thrasher73
Witchfinder
Leatherface
jettafiend
Boris2008
exact33
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
corplhicks
MetalGuy71
brokentulsa
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

DUCK DYNASTY Empty
PostSubject: DUCK DYNASTY   DUCK DYNASTY Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 11:47 am

Are they really rednecks or just a bunch of old hippies who live in the swamp. I live in Texas and the Duck boys dont look like any rednecks or cowboys I know or see...Just wondering?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

DUCK DYNASTY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUCK DYNASTY   DUCK DYNASTY Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:06 pm

Can't say that I've seen anything more than maybe a 30 second commercial for the show, but it's apparently very popular, if the merchandising-side of things are to be believed.

Go into any mall or retail outlet and they got them bearded-mugs plastered on damn-near everything to fit your trailer park decor. I just don't get it.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

DUCK DYNASTY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUCK DYNASTY   DUCK DYNASTY Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:48 pm

I've seen several episodes and it's your basic reality show. There's nothing magnetic or special about these guys to grab my interest.
Back to top Go down

DUCK DYNASTY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUCK DYNASTY   DUCK DYNASTY Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:50 pm

Unfortunately where I grew up I encountered enough people like this against my will on a daily basis, then when I became an adult I moved AS FAR AWAY FROM THESE TYPES OF PEOPLE AS I COULD GET. I sure as hell aren't going to watch them for entertainment value.

Unless we can come up with a reality show called "Hillbilly Genocide", that I could get behind. Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

DUCK DYNASTY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUCK DYNASTY   DUCK DYNASTY Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 1:01 pm

I avoid reality shows like the plague. Absolutely horrible lowest common denominator programming that seems to appeal to the masses, for whatever reason. Never seen an episode and never will.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

DUCK DYNASTY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUCK DYNASTY   DUCK DYNASTY Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 8:04 pm

I think it's a funny show. I don't care about labels or stereotypes. The merchandising is over the top, but who can blame them for making money while their show is popular.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

DUCK DYNASTY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUCK DYNASTY   DUCK DYNASTY Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 8:21 pm

Even the 30 second network promos for this show are irritating. I can't imagine watching it for a whole hour.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

DUCK DYNASTY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUCK DYNASTY   DUCK DYNASTY Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 10:00 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Even the 30 second network promos for this show are irritating. I can't imagine watching it for a whole hour.
Same can be said for just about anything these days.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

DUCK DYNASTY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUCK DYNASTY   DUCK DYNASTY Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 11:04 pm

I love it. Its a reality show for sure but it is fun.

Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

DUCK DYNASTY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUCK DYNASTY   DUCK DYNASTY Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 11:06 pm

I've never seen the show and probably won't. But I am eagerly awaiting Hillbilly Genocide that sounds brilliant!! (It also works as the title of a game or as a band name Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

DUCK DYNASTY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUCK DYNASTY   DUCK DYNASTY Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 11:40 pm

From what I've heard, the main guy (Willie) actually went to college and is pretty smart in marketing and business. They aren't racist or any of the other typical stereotypes people assume. And they're not afraid to show their faith on TV (despite criticism). I don't know how intriguing a show about blue bloods from the hamptons would be any better. Reality TV isn't thought provoking to begin with... No worse than any of those washed up celebrity comeback shows IMO. Even the haters probably watched The Osbournes back in the day.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

DUCK DYNASTY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUCK DYNASTY   DUCK DYNASTY Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 11:49 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
I've never seen the show and probably won't. But I am eagerly awaiting Hillbilly Genocide that sounds brilliant!! (It also works as the title of a game or as a band name Very Happy )
What about the Limey Teapot massacre mini series?  Smile
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

DUCK DYNASTY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUCK DYNASTY   DUCK DYNASTY Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 12:17 am

Troublezone wrote:
From what I've heard, the main guy (Willie) actually went to college and is pretty smart in marketing and business. They aren't racist or any of the other typical stereotypes people assume. And they're not afraid to show their faith on TV (despite criticism). I don't know how intriguing a show about blue bloods from the hamptons would be any better. Reality TV isn't thought provoking to begin with... No worse than any of those washed up celebrity comeback shows IMO. Even the haters probably watched The Osbournes back in the day.
From what I've seen of it I have no problem with the subjects, other than, for me, they're just not that funny or engaging. It's just another routine reality series with all the conventions of those that came before it. Someone else I know--who's a fan of the show--has labeled it 'sculpted reality,' where there is a loose script and editing abound and story framework fashioned to give each episode a cohesive continuity, overuse of extreme closeups and slick photography. Even those damn music cues are present: bumbling and bouncy during humorous segments, stirring and emotional for happy times, and tense and percussive during scenes of conflict. I wish they would just drop the music once and for all in reality programming; it's irritating as hell. Anyway, just not my cup of tea.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

DUCK DYNASTY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUCK DYNASTY   DUCK DYNASTY Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 4:33 am

corplhicks wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
From what I've seen of it I have no problem with the subjects, other than, for me, they're just not that funny or engaging. It's just another routine reality series with all the conventions of those that came before it. Someone else I know--who's a fan of the show--has labeled it 'sculpted reality,' where there is a loose script and editing abound and story framework fashioned to give each episode a cohesive continuity, overuse of extreme closeups and slick photography. Even those damn music cues are present: bumbling and bouncy during humorous segments, stirring and emotional for happy times, and tense and percussive during scenes of conflict. I wish they would just drop the music once and for all in reality programming; it's irritating as hell. Anyway, just not my cup of tea.
Everything on TV is somewhat fabricated. Even shows like Deadliest Catch probably have planned out drama to keep it interesting.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

DUCK DYNASTY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUCK DYNASTY   DUCK DYNASTY Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 2:28 pm

I keep seeing the t-shirts around central Oregon, as it is a redneck paradise and all, but to be honest, I had no clue what it even meant. I honestly thought it was a play on Daffy Duck's Duck Dodgers short-lived cartoon. It was very recently that I even found out that it was a telly show. Shows how clued in to pop culture I am...
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

DUCK DYNASTY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUCK DYNASTY   DUCK DYNASTY Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 9:24 pm

Troublezone wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Everything on TV is somewhat fabricated. Even shows like Deadliest Catch probably have planned out drama to keep it interesting.
Absolutely, and it bugs the hell out of me; especially since it's done the same way every time. It's like there's no stylistic ambition with these shows. The art of cinema verite has been obliterated by the ratings game.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

DUCK DYNASTY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUCK DYNASTY   DUCK DYNASTY Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 4:34 am

Troublezone wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
A limey teapot would make pretty lousy tea (and we love tea! Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

DUCK DYNASTY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUCK DYNASTY   DUCK DYNASTY Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 4:40 am

I've seen a few episodes here and there, but I haven't watched it in awhile.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

DUCK DYNASTY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUCK DYNASTY   DUCK DYNASTY Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 8:55 am

Boris2008 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
If you like tea, you probably like a good tea bag.  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

DUCK DYNASTY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUCK DYNASTY   DUCK DYNASTY Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 9:09 am

Troublezone wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
If you like tea, you probably like a good tea bag.  Laughing

lol! 
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

DUCK DYNASTY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUCK DYNASTY   DUCK DYNASTY Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 12:20 pm

I enjoy the show. It has a good message about loving your family, having faith and having fun. Phil and all of his kids have at least Bachelor's degrees and Phil himself has a Master's Degree and was a teacher. If you think they are dumb rednecks, than you haven't watched the show and are talking out of your ass.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

DUCK DYNASTY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUCK DYNASTY   DUCK DYNASTY Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 4:32 am

I like it.Its pretty entertaining if you enjoy Hunting and outdoors type stuff.I really like how they aren't afraid to stick to their beliefs.A&E wanted them to tone down the whole God and Guns stuff but Phil Robertson told them that's what they were all about and if the network wanted a show then that's what they got.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

DUCK DYNASTY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUCK DYNASTY   DUCK DYNASTY Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 8:06 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
I enjoy the show.  It has a good message about loving your family, having faith and having fun.  Phil and all of his kids have at least Bachelor's degrees and Phil himself has a Master's Degree and was a teacher.  If you think they are dumb rednecks, than you haven't watched the show and are talking out of your ass.  
yep. I know the show is staged but it is pretty fun and the family is a very nice alternative to the cliche stuff that is on tv.

mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

DUCK DYNASTY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUCK DYNASTY   DUCK DYNASTY Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 9:18 pm

Have never watched it but everyone at work loves it. Didn't one of them play football and Terry Bradshaw was HIS back up quarterback? And then he turned down an offer from the NFL because it would interfere with duck season?
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

DUCK DYNASTY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUCK DYNASTY   DUCK DYNASTY Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 6:18 am

[quote="mikeinfla"]Have never watched it but everyone at work loves it. Didn't one of them play football and Terry Bradshaw was HIS back up quarterback? And then he turned down an offer from the NFL because it would interfere with duck season?[/quotePhil.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Sponsored content

DUCK DYNASTY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUCK DYNASTY   DUCK DYNASTY Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DUCK DYNASTY
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next