Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Warbringer --- IV: Empires Collapse

Go down 
+4
EmoElmo
Spiner202
nevermore
choosemetal
8 posters
AuthorMessage
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

Warbringer --- IV: Empires Collapse Empty
PostSubject: Warbringer --- IV: Empires Collapse   Warbringer --- IV: Empires Collapse Icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 6:11 am

Who here is excited for Warbringer --- IV: Empires Collapse?
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

PostSubject: Re: Warbringer --- IV: Empires Collapse   Warbringer --- IV: Empires Collapse Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 3:37 pm

I like Warbringer but I'm more excited for new Skeletonwitch and Toxic Holocaust.
Back to top Go down
Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: Warbringer --- IV: Empires Collapse   Warbringer --- IV: Empires Collapse Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 6:16 pm

nevermore wrote:
I like Warbringer but I'm more excited for new Skeletonwitch and Toxic Holocaust.
I've only heard the one song Warbringer has released from the new album, and it's much much better than the new Toxic Holocaust album (which is quite good as well).
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Warbringer --- IV: Empires Collapse   Warbringer --- IV: Empires Collapse Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 11:38 pm

Great band but I was never really a fan of the shoddy production quality in all of their records.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Warbringer --- IV: Empires Collapse   Warbringer --- IV: Empires Collapse Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 3:42 pm

I really enjoyed the first War Without End, but aside from samples haven't listened to much else. Like many, retro thrash is mostly wearing out it's welcome.

Man, but it's crazy that new Warbringer, Skeletonwitch and Toxic Holocaust records are all dropping the same day. New Sepultura and Kataklysm that day too, it looks like (though I have never cared for Kataklysm). That is going to be a heavy ass day.

I have no doubt that Skeletonwitch will be the crown record of that day, though.
Back to top Go down
Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Warbringer --- IV: Empires Collapse   Warbringer --- IV: Empires Collapse Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 4:05 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
I really enjoyed the first War Without End, but aside from samples haven't listened to much else. Like many, retro thrash is mostly wearing out it's welcome.
I really have to recommend that you seek out their other stuff, particularly "Waking Into Nightmares", which is by far the best retro thrash album out IMO. The first album was very generic, and while the second and third aren't particularly experimental, they're a thousand times better in terms of riffs, songwriting, and production.

This newest record sounds like it will be going in a different direction. More along the lines of Vektor and the new Hexen record.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Warbringer --- IV: Empires Collapse   Warbringer --- IV: Empires Collapse Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 9:26 am

Spiner202 wrote:
This newest record sounds like it will be going in a different direction. More along the lines of Vektor and the new Hexen record.
That first Hexen record was a really good one too...and like Warbringer I have yet to check out anything after.
Back to top Go down
Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Warbringer --- IV: Empires Collapse   Warbringer --- IV: Empires Collapse Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 10:14 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
Spiner202 wrote:
That first Hexen record was a really good one too...and like Warbringer I have yet to check out anything after.
Personally, I don't like the new Hexen album at all. I don't really like when bands go prog or more technical. Vektor is definitely good, but are the most overrated band in the scene IMO. Warbringer is finding a good balance between thrashing brutality, memorable songwriting, and increased technicality, at least based on this one song.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

PostSubject: Re: Warbringer --- IV: Empires Collapse   Warbringer --- IV: Empires Collapse Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 12:39 pm

Spiner202 wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:
Spiner202 wrote:
Personally, I don't like the new Hexen album at all. I don't really like when bands go prog or more technical. Vektor is definitely good, but are the most overrated band in the scene IMO. Warbringer is finding a good balance between thrashing brutality, memorable songwriting, and increased technicality, at least based on this one song.
I have a friend who's all into Vektor. He told me it's so original and I told him first the SC-FI thing isn't all that original Voivod and Nocturnus did it already. Secondly there has been many technical thrash bands before them like Megadeth, and Coroner.   I tried to get into it but the vocals literally gave me a headache.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Warbringer --- IV: Empires Collapse   Warbringer --- IV: Empires Collapse Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 3:03 am

Hoping to see these guys with Overkill and Kreator at the Fillmore next month.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12622

PostSubject: Re: Warbringer --- IV: Empires Collapse   Warbringer --- IV: Empires Collapse Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 8:40 pm

The drummer they have now is killer !

Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

PostSubject: Re: Warbringer --- IV: Empires Collapse   Warbringer --- IV: Empires Collapse Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 9:02 pm

Here's a song from the new album.

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Warbringer --- IV: Empires Collapse   Warbringer --- IV: Empires Collapse Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 10:17 pm

James B. wrote:
The drummer they have now is killer !
Yeah, he's one of the best in metal these days.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

PostSubject: Re: Warbringer --- IV: Empires Collapse   Warbringer --- IV: Empires Collapse Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 3:20 am

Another song someone posted.

Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

PostSubject: Re: Warbringer --- IV: Empires Collapse   Warbringer --- IV: Empires Collapse Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 3:45 pm

Also I'm not trying to spam or anything but here's another song.

Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

PostSubject: Re: Warbringer --- IV: Empires Collapse   Warbringer --- IV: Empires Collapse Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 8:09 pm

So I listened to the new Warbringer -- IV Empire's collapse (online). It's a pretty good album this time around there is less "thrash" in the Warbringer sound. People who like bands that "thrash for thrash sake" might be disappointed but me who personally enjoys more traditional heavy metal will find something to like. Even the song One Dimension is almost a punk song but just performed in a metal way.

However this still sounds like a Warbringer record. For some reason I kept thinking of late Dark Angel while listening to this. Not that it sounds like Dark Angel but the same attitude of trying something different and breaking out of the mold of all these bands. Lyrically it is politically charged to a point. There not liking preaching this how you should think or anything like that. (I'm basing this from what I heard in the songs you can hear Kevill pretty well.)   In all I don't think this a better record than Worlds torn asunder but it is better than War without end.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warbringer --- IV: Empires Collapse   Warbringer --- IV: Empires Collapse Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warbringer --- IV: Empires Collapse
Page 1 of 1