Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Flower Kings - Desolation Rose

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

The Flower Kings - Desolation Rose Empty
PostSubject: The Flower Kings - Desolation Rose   The Flower Kings - Desolation Rose Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 11:19 pm

New Flower Kings album due in October!

Quote :
Swedish progressive rockers THE FLOWER KINGS have had a busy year since regrouping in 2012 for the "Banks Of Eden" album, and with a new creative vigor, the band is following that with the fantastic new CD, "Desolation Rose", due out in the USA on October 29. To be issued in a digipack, the U.S. release will also include a bonus disc. The cover artwork was once again created by Silas Toball and can be seen below.

Commented THE FLOWER KINGS: "Being somewhat of a political statement, the epic theme of 'Desolation Rose' is a logical step in a time where perpetual war, famine, environmental threats, religious conflicts dominate the media and our minds.

"This is a time to wake up and the music on this album takes you on a journey where you are forced to questions what the mainstream media feed us and to rethink your whole worldview on all of the above.

"This is in many ways a typical FLOWER KINGS album, but we have also taken it into another realm where we do take chances and where you may struggle to get into the music — or the lyrics — but trust me when I say that you will be rewarded, as this may be our most involved, important and interesting album ever. "

Desolation Rose Track Listing:

01. Tower One (13:39)
02. Sleeping Bones (04:16)
03. Desolation Road (04:00)
04. White Tuxedos (06:30)
05. The Resurrected Judas (08:24)
06. Silent Masses (06:17)
07. Last Carnivore (04:22)
08. Dark Fascist Skies (06:05)
09. Blood Of Eden (03:12)
10. Silent Graveyards (02:52)

Bonus Disc Track Listing::

01. Runaway Train (6:30)
02. Interstellar Visitations (2:26)
03. Lazy Monkey (2:26)
04. Psalm 2013 (2:05)
05. The Wailing Wall (3:20)
06. Badbeats (5:20)
07. Burning Spears (3:15)
08. The Final Era (2:58)

You can listen to samples of the new album by using the SoundCloud widget below.

Earlier this year, THE FLOWER KINGS embarked on a very special tour alongside Neal Morse and Mike Portnoy to celebrate InsideOut Music's 20th anniversary, playing to sold-out crowds across Europe and the U.S.

The Flower Kings - Desolation Rose Desolationrose

One of my favorite prog bands. Can't wait. And the US version gets a bonus disc, which is extra sweet. =)
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Flower Kings - Desolation Rose   The Flower Kings - Desolation Rose Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 10:46 am

Ha. What a sissy name.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: The Flower Kings - Desolation Rose   The Flower Kings - Desolation Rose Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 1:01 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Ha. What a sissy name.
Can't argue that. lol! 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Flower Kings - Desolation Rose   The Flower Kings - Desolation Rose Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Flower Kings - Desolation Rose
Page 1 of 1