Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trouble - Simple Mind Condition

Go down 
+10
T-Roy
nevermore
White_Mage
TrogDawn
Fat Freddy
GrandNational
mc666
candlemass
Troublezone
ultmetal
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Trouble - Simple Mind Condition - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble - Simple Mind Condition   Trouble - Simple Mind Condition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 6:30 pm

Is this record ever gonna be released here in america? Everyone else in the world has it but us in america that don't want to pay import price. Anyone know the definate release date here in america???
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Trouble - Simple Mind Condition   Trouble - Simple Mind Condition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 1:21 am

troublezone wrote:
Is this record ever gonna be released here in america? Everyone else in the world has it but us in america that don't want to pay import price. Anyone know the definate release date here in america???
i can make you a copy of mine if you want to hear it. i paid almost $35 for it, so i doubt i'd sell it. even though i'm not extremely crazy about it.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Trouble - Simple Mind Condition   Trouble - Simple Mind Condition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 2:34 am

mc666 wrote:
troublezone wrote:
i can make you a copy of mine if you want to hear it. i paid almost $35 for it, so i doubt i'd sell it. even though i'm not extremely crazy about it.

Yeah man thanks.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Trouble - Simple Mind Condition   Trouble - Simple Mind Condition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 4:17 am

Well i've been enjoying the record thanks to mc666 for sending me a copy til i can get the real thing. I don't know why people aren't liking this, it sound great to me. It has some great song on it like... Ride the Sky, Mindbender, If I Only Had A Reason and After the Rain. I disagree with ult's comparison and think it's more like a cross between Plastic Green Head and their 1990 s/t. My only complaint is the slightly thin guitar sound.

Last edited by Troublezone on Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trouble - Simple Mind Condition   Trouble - Simple Mind Condition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 7:04 am

Plastic Green Head was a thin album and in my opinion this album is a step down from it.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Trouble - Simple Mind Condition   Trouble - Simple Mind Condition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 5:43 pm

troublezone wrote:

I think Escapi has scrapped plans to release this in the U.S.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Trouble - Simple Mind Condition   Trouble - Simple Mind Condition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 10:42 pm

nevermore wrote:
troublezone wrote:

Last I heard, Escapi was on the verge of going out of business altogether.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Trouble - Simple Mind Condition   Trouble - Simple Mind Condition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 10:45 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
nevermore wrote:
troublezone wrote:

DORK!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Trouble - Simple Mind Condition   Trouble - Simple Mind Condition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 11:02 pm

T-Roy wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
nevermore wrote:
troublezone wrote:

DORK!!

T-Roy: seek help.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trouble - Simple Mind Condition   Trouble - Simple Mind Condition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 12:38 pm

I heard some stuff on it, sounds Killer!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Trouble - Simple Mind Condition   Trouble - Simple Mind Condition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 12:25 pm

I just received my copy in the mail this morning and I'm loving it. I'm not as big a fan-boy of Trouble as maybe some of the other members here and they are a somewhat new-ish discovery for me, but I'm really digging this album. 2 spins already and lots more on the way. I have no qualms about the stoner/retro direction the band went into. The doomier side of theirs works well too, but Simple Mind Condition is fantastic.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Trouble - Simple Mind Condition   Trouble - Simple Mind Condition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 2:40 pm

I had it, but sold it a while ago. Gimme Psalm 9 or The Skull any time of day.

For those interested, this will be coming out on vinyl pretty soon, together with Plastic Green Head.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trouble - Simple Mind Condition   Trouble - Simple Mind Condition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 2:50 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I just received my copy in the mail this morning and I'm loving it. I'm not as big a fan-boy of Trouble as maybe some of the other members here and they are a somewhat new-ish discovery for me, but I'm really digging this album. 2 spins already and lots more on the way. I have no qualms about the stoner/retro direction the band went into. The doomier side of theirs works well too, but Simple Mind Condition is fantastic.

it's a good album, just not a "fantastic" album which is what I was hoping for after the decade long hiatus. But taken on its own terms, there is nothing wrong with it.

Trouble has leaned more towards the "stoner" camp than the "doom" camp since 1990 when the self-titled was released.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trouble - Simple Mind Condition   Trouble - Simple Mind Condition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 4:23 pm

the Trouble vinyl releases are out, I saw these today:

Plastic Green Head (with a stupid new cover)
Simple Mind Condition (also with a different cover)
Unplugged (w/Wagner)
Live In Los Angeles (w/Kory...beware)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trouble - Simple Mind Condition   Trouble - Simple Mind Condition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 9:11 pm

Dave the Boss wrote:
Gimme Psalm 9 or The Skull any time of day.

headbanger
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Trouble - Simple Mind Condition   Trouble - Simple Mind Condition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2019 10:14 am

Necro thread bumpage....

Dusted this CD off for the ride to work this morning, probably for the first time in about a decade.

Now I remember why it didn't do anything for me when it was a new release. Dull as dishwater. Zzzzz...

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Trouble - Simple Mind Condition   Trouble - Simple Mind Condition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2019 10:48 am

Trouble - Simple Mind Condition - Page 2 83628
Haven't listened in ages which means I didn't find it that enthralling.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Trouble - Simple Mind Condition   Trouble - Simple Mind Condition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2019 9:07 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Necro thread bumpage....

Dusted this CD off for the ride to work this morning, probably for the first time in about a decade.

Now I remember why it didn't do anything for me when it was a new release. Dull as dishwater. Zzzzz...

What is your opinion of their last album with Kyle Thomas? I still like SMC, but it’s not one of my “go to” selections. Some of the production sounds unfinished to me... especially the guitar sound on the second track. It could use a remix, but there is no demand for it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Trouble - Simple Mind Condition   Trouble - Simple Mind Condition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2019 10:37 am

Troublezone wrote:

What is your opinion of their last album with Kyle Thomas? I still like SMC, but it’s not one of my “go to” selections. Some of the production sounds unfinished to me... especially the guitar sound on the second track. It could use a remix, but there is no demand for it.

You mean "Distortion Field?" I have vague memories of checking it out on Spotify when it came out, but I guess it didn't do much for me either, cuz I never bought the CD, haha.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Trouble - Simple Mind Condition   Trouble - Simple Mind Condition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2019 6:25 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

You mean "Distortion Field?"  I have vague memories of checking it out on Spotify when it came out, but I guess it didn't do much for me either, cuz I never bought the CD, haha.

I guess that’s why half the fans are into Eric Wagner’s current band The Skull. His voice and trademark lyrics are irreplaceable.
Back to top Go down
John Madden
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
John Madden

Number of posts : 279

PostSubject: Re: Trouble - Simple Mind Condition   Trouble - Simple Mind Condition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2019 7:37 am

Troublezone wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

You mean "Distortion Field?"  I have vague memories of checking it out on Spotify when it came out, but I guess it didn't do much for me either, cuz I never bought the CD, haha.

I guess that’s why half the fans are into Eric Wagner’s current band The Skull. His voice and trademark lyrics are irreplaceable.
Definitely, man. I wish they would just make amends and make great Trouble records again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trouble - Simple Mind Condition   Trouble - Simple Mind Condition - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trouble - Simple Mind Condition
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2