Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

new Metal Church

Go down 
+25
Vexer6
BearOnUnicycle
Witchfinder
cruedevil71
EmoElmo
jstate
martinsane
corplhicks
MoonChild
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
Thrasher73
kmorg
Boris2008
mc666
Temple of Blood
GrandNational
adrian
Orion Crystal Ice
nevermore
James B.
Dark Horseman
Troublezone
Lurideath
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

new Metal Church - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Metal Church   new Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 12:57 pm

adrian wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Terrible cover art.

We are talking about Metal Church after all lol!
Yeah, what is up with that, anyway? Aside from the debut, which I love but many rightfully argue is cheesy, they just can't seem to manage a decent cover for their albums. At least they got the logo right.

I need to listen to this. I just started listening to albums after Human Factor and they really have kept the momentum up.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: new Metal Church   new Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 1:43 pm

The cover may be a bit bland but as long as the music's good I'll be cool with it.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: new Metal Church   new Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 3:27 pm

Oh I'm sure it will be awesome. Metal Church is one of the most consistent bands working today. They've never let me down. Not even once.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: new Metal Church   new Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 8:25 pm

adrian wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Terrible cover art.

We are talking about Metal Church after all lol!
The S/T and The Dark are both great covers... guess cover art was the Rev's department.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: new Metal Church   new Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 6:48 pm

Quote :

Dark Horseman wrote:

Going to be a top 5 from what i've heard of it.

For what it's worth, SleezeRoxx gave it a so-so review...

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/bands/metalchurch/generationnothing.shtml

I lost interest in these guys awhile back, so this review just kinda confirms my indifference towards anything new from these guys. Best of luck to 'em, but I'll pass.
Oh well, i'll go with my ears and they say thumbs up.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: new Metal Church   new Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 11:59 pm

Hearing the streams, chewing bubblegum kickin' ass. This is SOLID. I'm f*cking ready for this to come out. Sad thing is I'm broke. But it's really good. Just your good ol' reliable Metal Church, powerful as ever.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: new Metal Church   new Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 1:05 pm

I'm a real big fan of This Present Wasteland. Hated when they called it quits after that record. Very happy they are back with new stuff. There is not a single album in their discography that I wouldn't rate as very good. Easy call on them being one of my favorites. And with all such favorites I'm going to resist sampling until I buy the album.
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: new Metal Church   new Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 8:27 pm

The whole album reminds me of classic Overkill

and not a slight hint of Metal Church in it...still very good though
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: new Metal Church   new Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 9:19 pm

EmoElmo wrote:
The whole album reminds me of classic Overkill

and not a slight hint of Metal Church in it...still very good though
That last sentence has me scratching my head...clarification? surprised 
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: new Metal Church   new Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 10:43 pm

I have mine pre-ordered thru Best Buy. I'm really looking forward to this one.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: new Metal Church   new Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 2:43 am

Anyone pick this up yet? Going to trade some stuff in this weekend to get it since I'm broke. What I've heard so far sounds to good to pass up. Love this band.
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: new Metal Church   new Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 3:33 am

corplhicks wrote:
Anyone pick this up yet? Going to trade some stuff in this weekend to get it since I'm broke. What I've heard so far sounds to good to pass up. Love this band.
My copy came in the mail today, got about 3 songs in and hope to give it a good listen on my way to work.What I've heard so far was definitely an improvement over the last album and I like Munroe's vocals more than on previous albums
Back to top Go down
cruedevil71
Metal student
Metal student
cruedevil71

Number of posts : 104

PostSubject: Re: new Metal Church   new Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 6:22 am

I've been cranking this for 2 days and its freakin' awesome. I love Munroes vocals too. TPW was alright but this release is everything I had hoped and more with better songs all around. Highly recommended.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: new Metal Church   new Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 8:02 am

Of course it's backordered thru Best Buy. How can that be ?
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: new Metal Church   new Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 10:42 am

Gave it a good listen today twice through and really love it. Most of the songs sound right in line with the Howe era and Munroe sounds a lot like David Wayne most of the time, especially on the high notes which are plentiful. I think it's my favorite Metal Church release since David Wayne's Metal Church album
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: new Metal Church   new Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 11:13 am

This album is on Spotify if you want to take a listen. I think it's pretty good and I have it on order from Amazon.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: new Metal Church   new Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 12:04 pm

Hoping to pick it up today.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: new Metal Church   new Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 9:24 pm

I see that their are Best Buy orders and Amazon too, why wouldn't you just order it through the band/label and get all the goodies???
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: new Metal Church   new Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 6:13 am

Solid record for sure.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: new Metal Church   new Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 1:40 pm

So reviews globally seem to be luke-warm at best. I picked this up the day it was released and have found it to be a very solid album. It recalls the band's early records with Ronny Munroe doing his best David Wayne impressions throughout. A few songs like "Noises int he Wall" and "Hits Keep Comin" sound like they could have been lost tracks from "The Dark". I'm digging it. I'm not sure what all these reviewers were hoping for, but this sounds like Metal Church to me!

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: new Metal Church   new Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 1:44 pm

ultmetal wrote:
So reviews globally seem to be luke-warm at best. I picked this up the day it was released and have found it to be a very solid album. It recalls the band's early records with Ronny Munroe doing his best David Wayne impressions throughout. A few songs like "Noises int he Wall" and "Hits Keep Comin" sound like they could have been lost tracks from "The Dark". I'm digging it. I'm not sure what all these reviewers were hoping for, but this sounds like Metal Church to me!
My thoughts exactly. I think it's the best album they've done in awhile. They have cranked up the aggression a couple of notches.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: new Metal Church   new Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 10:38 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
My thoughts exactly.  I think it's the best album they've done in awhile. They have cranked up the aggression a couple of notches.
I'm right there with the both of you; sounds like their best album in a while (and I love all of them). As for the critics, haven't they [unfairly] smacked all the other records after Human Factor?

Whereas film criticism for me is a legit and enjoyable form of evaluation, music critics are just shitheads and worship at the altar of Rolling Stone magazine--not a good thing.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: new Metal Church   new Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 3:30 pm

So the album has sold only 600 units in the states so far. That's a...freakishly low number. Is that the usual for a heavy metal album these days? It's also sole 7500 units internationally.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: new Metal Church   new Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 4:17 pm

corplhicks wrote:
So the album has sold only 600 units in the states so far. That's a...freakishly low number. Is that the usual for a heavy metal album these days? It's also sole 7500 units internationally.
For a CD its fine for a band of their level.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new Metal Church   new Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 4:19 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Motorhead sold 11,000 units of Aftershock in the first week. Most of the fans of Metal Church I know are old farts like me that remember them from the 80s.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new Metal Church   new Metal Church - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new Metal Church
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next