Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dio lives.

Go down 
+9
corplhicks
MoonChild
deathisgain
Boris2008
ultmetal
Wargod
MetalRob331
Eyesore
Dark Horseman
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Dio lives.  Empty
PostSubject: Dio lives.    Dio lives.  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 1:18 pm

Link

Check out song 3.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Dio lives.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio lives.    Dio lives.  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 1:22 pm

Or watch this.

Very Happy

Good album, by the way.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Dio lives.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio lives.    Dio lives.  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 1:31 pm

Here's another dude who at times sounds an awful lot like Dio.

One track from each album. Fantastic band.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Dio lives.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio lives.    Dio lives.  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 1:34 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:

Link

Check out song 3.
Dio lives.  927150   wth?  That link is making me Laughing very hard Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Dio lives.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio lives.    Dio lives.  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 1:37 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Or watch this.

Very Happy

Good album, by the way.
Diego Valdez > Dio  headbanger headbanger 
Back to top Go down

Dio lives.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio lives.    Dio lives.  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 2:35 pm

I fixed the link.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Dio lives.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio lives.    Dio lives.  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 4:07 pm

I've had that Helker since it first came out. Mat Sinner has helped the band out!

NP: Thunder Tribe - War Chant

Metalwargod
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Dio lives.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio lives.    Dio lives.  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 5:46 pm

Never even heard of Helker!

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Dio lives.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio lives.    Dio lives.  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 11:15 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Or watch this.

Very Happy

Good album, by the way.
I'm sorry, I may be misunderstanding here, but are you saying that this Diego Xerox is better than Dio? Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

Number of posts : 285

Dio lives.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio lives.    Dio lives.  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 12:05 am

Wait, is it me or does the Razorback "One by one" sound the same as Helker "No Chance to be reborn"?

I thought you were going to talk about Astral Doors.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathisgain.com
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

Dio lives.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio lives.    Dio lives.  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 12:52 am

Never heard of him before, but I liked what I heard! headbanger 
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Dio lives.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio lives.    Dio lives.  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 2:30 am

Boris2008 wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Or watch this.

Very Happy

Good album, by the way.
I'm sorry, I may be misunderstanding here, but are you saying that this Diego Xerox is better than Dio? Laughing very hard 
. Yep..Diego has much more range and although Dio has an iconic voice, its very one dimensional.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Dio lives.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio lives.    Dio lives.  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 2:38 am

The other thing that RJD has is a shred of originality. Laughing very hard 

No wonder S.D calls you names.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Dio lives.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio lives.    Dio lives.  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 3:37 am

Boris2008 wrote:
lol! 
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Dio lives.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio lives.    Dio lives.  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 3:42 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Or watch this.

Very Happy

Good album, by the way.
.  Yep..Diego has much more range and although Dio has an iconic voice, its very one dimensional.
As a trained vocalist I can confirm that Ronnie's voice is complex, nuanced, and has many dimensions to it. My also-trained professional wife agrees.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Dio lives.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio lives.    Dio lives.  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 12:10 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
The other thing that RJD has is a shred of originality. Laughing very hard 

So what you're saying is that singers have originality? Laughing very hard Laughing very hard  I'm pretty sure that Diego didn't wake up one day and say "I wanna sound like Dio." That's his voice/tone.. Tons of people sound like Dio, that makes them unoriginal?
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Dio lives.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio lives.    Dio lives.  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 12:24 pm

corplhicks wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Or watch this.

Very Happy

Good album, by the way.
.  Yep..Diego has much more range and although Dio has an iconic voice, its very one dimensional.
As a trained vocalist I can confirm that Ronnie's voice is complex, nuanced, and has many dimensions to it. My also-trained professional wife agrees.
My ears are very well trained as well and Dio sings pretty much in the same register on every song. Which isn't a bad thing as his voice is amazing. I just prefer singers who push their voice and Diego does it much better IMO..

English Version is not on youtube Laughing very hard 

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Dio lives.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio lives.    Dio lives.  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 12:34 pm

I think your brain is trained to stir things up.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Dio lives.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio lives.    Dio lives.  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 1:01 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
I think your brain is trained to stir things up.
I love going "Against the Grain."

Over the years I've found that people act like Dio, Ozzy, Priest, Metallica, Megadeth, Maiden, etc etc, are royalty in music. Sure they are fantastic but IMO they are just the POPULAR names in metal and other bands don't get the credit or are always compared to these groups. I'm sure a lot of these bands hold nostalgic value but geez hahahahah...

If I say this band does it better IMO or this person sings better IMO.. I get attacked bcuz I'm messing with royalty hahah!!! Today on another forum I posted some bands who IMO are better than DT at Prog Metal and I was attacked by DT fanboys Laughing very hard They all said the bands I mentioned *Haken, Pagan's Mind, Andromeda, and Myrath* sound like CHEAP DT copies Laughing very hard 

Those bands sound nothing like DT but being that DT is the POPULAR band that everyone knows anyone that plays Prog anymore is a DT copy... It's pretty sad..

I'm a very stubborn man and I treat my opinions like royalty Laughing very hard  Discussing music is what I love and I'm not afraid to go against what everyone else likes. It makes it more interesting :p
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Dio lives.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio lives.    Dio lives.  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 1:38 pm

Yeah, that Helker album is pretty good.
Back to top Go down

Dio lives.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio lives.    Dio lives.  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 2:07 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:

Over the years I've found that people act like Dio, Ozzy, Priest, Metallica, Megadeth, Maiden, etc etc, are royalty in music.  
That's because every one of those bands were originators/trend setters and were integral to the evolution of the music. They are treated like royalty because they ARE. You can sit around and whine all you want about these bands getting undue attention but their importance is not up for debate, it is historical fact.

Deal with it.

Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Dio lives.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio lives.    Dio lives.  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 2:18 pm

S.D. wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

Over the years I've found that people act like Dio, Ozzy, Priest, Metallica, Megadeth, Maiden, etc etc, are royalty in music.  
That's because every one of those bands were originators/trend setters and were integral to the evolution of the music.  They are treated like royalty because they ARE.  You can sit around and whine all you want about these bands getting undue attention but their importance is not up for debate, it is historical fact.  

Deal with it.

I'm not saying that they aren't important (I agree they are). I'm saying that there are better bands/musicians out there that seem to get no credit bcuz they don't have a HUGE NAME or following. Importance and quality of music are two different things.
Back to top Go down

Dio lives.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio lives.    Dio lives.  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 2:22 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Importance and quality of music are two different things.
Actually, I bet if the quality of music that Judas Priest or Dio had created was terrible they wouldn't be important.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Dio lives.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio lives.    Dio lives.  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 2:36 pm

S.D. wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
Importance and quality of music are two different things.
Actually, I bet if the quality of music that Judas Priest or Dio had created was terrible they wouldn't be important.  
Quality of music isn't saying the music is bad bcuz I like a ton of those bands I mentioned. Quality of music is just a term I used to describe that "not everything that is deemed GREAT, is really great."

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Dio lives.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio lives.    Dio lives.  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 2:58 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
S.D. wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

That's because every one of those bands were originators/trend setters and were integral to the evolution of the music.  They are treated like royalty because they ARE.  You can sit around and whine all you want about these bands getting undue attention but their importance is not up for debate, it is historical fact.  

Deal with it.
I'm not saying that they aren't important (I agree they are). I'm saying that there are better bands/musicians out there that seem to get no credit bcuz they don't have a HUGE NAME or following.    Importance and quality of music are two different things.
And both of you are right. Those guys are royalty. And they deserve it, but there are also tons of better bands/singers out there.

Hell, many of these legendary bands have release better albums later in their career, but they're not treated to the same kind of reverence and applause. Helloween, for instance. Keeper of the Seven Keys III blows away the first two.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dio lives.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dio lives.    Dio lives.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dio lives.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next