Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Christopher Titus: The Mad Pursuit of Happiness (A Review)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Christopher Titus: The Mad Pursuit of Happiness (A Review) Empty
PostSubject: Christopher Titus: The Mad Pursuit of Happiness (A Review)   Christopher Titus: The Mad Pursuit of Happiness (A Review) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 1:32 pm

This is a bit personal but i dont mind sharing...

I took my brother to the Hartford Funny Bone Comedy Club to see Titus. Titus is one of my brothers favorite comedians and we both are huge fans. In fact for comedians seeing Titus was on my bucket list. The show was all new material that he had said would be on a comedy special in about a year to a year and a half. Some may or may not know that he self produced a comedy special that he was selling on his site for 9 dollars That is until Comedy Central purchased it and will be airing it in the next month or two. Anyways, my brother brought his Seasons 1&2 of Titus on DVD in the event he could get it signed.

The show itself in my opinion was heavily centered on current events and Titus' unique delivery and point of view. He also took jabs at Connecticut (he pronounced it: Connect (short i) cut) I laughed so hard at that. He had also talked about gun control and his unique solutions (Arm the Children) which got alot of laughs he would go into it and then ask the crowd what are we gonna do in which the crowd would reply "Arm The Children" The way he spun it was funny and made sense as most good stand up comedians have the ability to do. At one point he said we should be ashamed of ourselves for screaming "Arm the Children" which was funny. I dont think I laughed as hard as I did that night and it got to the point I couldn't laugh because my mouth hurt from all the laughing I was doing. He also compared Connecticut to the rest of the country this was done in little snippets throughout the show. It was funny. It was very surreal being that close to Titus. We had good seats we were towards the front of the club. The food was eh. We had to share the table with a couple who offered me one of their shrimp tacos which was delicious! We got Fried Dills they were slivers and not chips and hardly breaded. Anyways before Titus had come on stage there was another comedian who did a 15 min act I wish I could remember her name she was funny too. Talked about being raised by a Hippie and a Former marine or as she put it "Raised by Rainbow and Rambo" lol. Anyways when the show ended Titus got a standing ovation and informed us he would be at the merch table signing stuff. My brother and I promptly got in line we had a good spot. I ended up buying on DVD "Norman Rockwell is Bleeding" and got a Titus Podcast sticker too. Anyways my brother got up to meet Titus he gladly signed his DVD they talked a bit and my brother was a bit starstruck as he kept saying "Thank You". I just shook my head with a smile and then it was my turn before I could do anything Titus put his hand on my shoulder and said "Whats up Buddy" I told him he did a great show and that I was a huge fan of his which he said Thank you. He signed my DVD cover and the DVD itself. I asked him about the Titus reboot he had mentioned they were building the soundstage still but it woudl be a while but that he had another project being filmed. After that I shook his hand and thanked him and then found my brother.... Oh but let me back up a smidgen... the Opening comedian was selling the DVDs and I told her I wanted to buy Norman Rockwell is bleeding so I dug into my pocket knowing I Had a 20 and a single in there and handed it to her well tried to. It wasnt the 20 it was the single. I said Oops and gave her the 20 and we both joked about it in where she said I like this one better. LOL Meeting Titus was a awesome experiance he was personable and made you feel like you were the only one in the room. He wasnt in a rush to move the line. It was just awesome. This show has made me even a bigger fan and If he comes by this way again I will be going with my brother in tow Smile

Upon leaving we were comparing notes along with "Arm the Children" and he told me that he had never laughed so hard and that it was one of the best presents he ever gotten and the fact that I got to share that with him along that it was my gift to him for his birthday back in April really made me feel good. My brother has alot of health issues and is limited on what he can do and resources. So to brighten his day really made me feel very good plus this is my only brother. I'm going to back up before the show and mentioned that we went to Red Robin for dinner and it was there I asked him to be my best man at my wedding. It was a really a big day.

Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com

Christopher Titus: The Mad Pursuit of Happiness (A Review)
Page 1 of 1