Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Apparently if you're in a rock band, you get AIDs.

Go down 
+8
manny
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
Boris2008
Citanul
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
Chairman_Smith
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Apparently if you're in a rock band, you get AIDs. Empty
PostSubject: Apparently if you're in a rock band, you get AIDs.   Apparently if you're in a rock band, you get AIDs. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 2:18 pm

My friend just sent me this, oh propaganda comics... lol! 

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0034/0034_01.asp

Lew Siffer would be a hilarious stage name.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Apparently if you're in a rock band, you get AIDs.   Apparently if you're in a rock band, you get AIDs. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 2:29 pm

So that's what happened to Ray Gillen. Such a sham shame.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Apparently if you're in a rock band, you get AIDs.   Apparently if you're in a rock band, you get AIDs. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 3:22 pm

No, that's only if you are in a Christian band and Lou Siffer is your band manager.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Apparently if you're in a rock band, you get AIDs.   Apparently if you're in a rock band, you get AIDs. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 3:45 pm

Aw crap, i'm getting aids!

https://www.facebook.com/megatonomaha/info
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Apparently if you're in a rock band, you get AIDs.   Apparently if you're in a rock band, you get AIDs. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 4:48 am

We're gonna rock with the rock! headbanger 
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Apparently if you're in a rock band, you get AIDs.   Apparently if you're in a rock band, you get AIDs. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 5:39 am

Erm, I may be really ignorant but, this is a spoof right?

Some Aids!!! Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Apparently if you're in a rock band, you get AIDs.   Apparently if you're in a rock band, you get AIDs. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 8:25 am

No, that is real - I remember seeing that one years ago, it was directly targeted at Stryper. I am not at all a fan of Chick Tracks, they ONLY promote organized religion and really have nothing to do with the teachings of Jesus.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Apparently if you're in a rock band, you get AIDs.   Apparently if you're in a rock band, you get AIDs. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 8:38 am

Ahhh yes, the legendary Jack Chick comic-book tracts. I used to find them scattered around the Port Authority bus station and Staten Island Ferry terminal all the time when I was in college. Any time I found one I would stick it in my pocket and take it with me cuz I thought they were hilarious.

When I sold off my comic collection in the late 90s those tracts were in one of the boxes, wrapped up in a plastic bag. I always wondered what the guy who bought the collection thought when he found those Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Apparently if you're in a rock band, you get AIDs.   Apparently if you're in a rock band, you get AIDs. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 9:08 am

I always thought those chic comics where completely hilarous and completely out of hand.

They had a few that where so anti- Catholic it was almost offensive, they got implicated in the disasters that happened over history, it was absurd
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Apparently if you're in a rock band, you get AIDs.   Apparently if you're in a rock band, you get AIDs. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 9:10 am

Any of you comic book geeks remember the Christian series of Archie comics that were published by Spire Christian Comics in the 70s? Those were from a whole 'nother planet, too. Laughing very hard

...at least those comics tried to inject some good old fashioned comic book hi jinks into their stories; the Chick Tract series were WAY more gloom and doom. Every single one of'em was "STOP THAT OR YOU'RE GONNA BURN IN HELL, KID!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: Apparently if you're in a rock band, you get AIDs.   Apparently if you're in a rock band, you get AIDs. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 9:38 am

I like the fact that he married Carmine Appice.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Apparently if you're in a rock band, you get AIDs.   Apparently if you're in a rock band, you get AIDs. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 9:44 am

metalken wrote:
I like the fact that he married Carmine Appice.

Laughing very hard  I love the quote, but we're in love!!!!
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Apparently if you're in a rock band, you get AIDs.   Apparently if you're in a rock band, you get AIDs. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 10:37 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Ahhh yes, the legendary Jack Chick comic-book tracts. I used to find them scattered around the Port Authority bus station and Staten Island Ferry terminal all the time when I was in college. Any time I found one I would stick it in my pocket and take it with me cuz I thought they were hilarious.

When I sold off my comic collection in the late 90s those tracts were in one of the boxes, wrapped up in a plastic bag. I always wondered what the guy who bought the collection thought when he found those Laughing very hard 

I have a buddy who collects them like trading cards! I use to work at a gas station with him and he came in with a handful and we sat there and giggled at them for our whole shift.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Apparently if you're in a rock band, you get AIDs.   Apparently if you're in a rock band, you get AIDs. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 11:40 am

I remember those. Some one used to leave one in the ladies room where I worked every few days and I collected them because I thought they were funny. I never saw this one before, though. Damn! AIDS, OD, Vampirism! What a VH-1 Behind the Music that band would've made!
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Apparently if you're in a rock band, you get AIDs.   Apparently if you're in a rock band, you get AIDs. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 12:42 pm

This is why the story of Petra is one of drugs, AIDS, and vampirism.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Apparently if you're in a rock band, you get AIDs.   Apparently if you're in a rock band, you get AIDs. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 8:22 am

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
This is why the story of Petra is one of drugs, AIDS, and vampirism.
I knew them Petra boys was too goody-goody to be true. Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Apparently if you're in a rock band, you get AIDs.   Apparently if you're in a rock band, you get AIDs. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 4:10 am

Apparently if you're in a rock band, you get AIDs. Picard10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Apparently if you're in a rock band, you get AIDs.   Apparently if you're in a rock band, you get AIDs. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Apparently if you're in a rock band, you get AIDs.
Page 1 of 1