Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scorpions - Face the Heat (1993)

Go down 
+15
MoonChild
jettafiend
Dark Horseman
ZombieHavoc
Lari
journeyman
thejokeriv
Vexer6
Boris2008
Fat Freddy
manny
bass63
corplhicks
ultmetal
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

Scorpions - Face the Heat (1993) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Face the Heat (1993)   Scorpions - Face the Heat (1993) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 4:15 pm

At least Eye II Eye had decent lyrics(Shoot Me Again has some of the worst lyrics of all time), the songs sounded like they had actual effort put into them, and they weren't stretched out to ridiculously long lengths(All Within My Hands damn near put me into a coma with how long and repetitive it was)

Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Face the Heat (1993)   Scorpions - Face the Heat (1993) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 4:45 pm

The mid 90s to early 2000s put huge stains on otherwise solid runs for a lot of bands. Ha.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Face the Heat (1993)   Scorpions - Face the Heat (1993) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 5:59 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
(but I think I'll stay away from Face II Face or whatever it's called).

I believe that would be "Eye II Eye," not "Face II Face."

Embarassed  My bad. I started that debacle. I was close though !
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Face the Heat (1993)   Scorpions - Face the Heat (1993) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 6:02 pm

One good song, Alien Nation. Rest was midle of the road or bad.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Face the Heat (1993)   Scorpions - Face the Heat (1993) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 6:06 pm

007 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
(but I think I'll stay away from Face II Face or whatever it's called).

I believe that would be "Eye II Eye," not "Face II Face."

Embarassed   My bad. I started that debacle. I was close though !

I thought it was hilarious! Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Face the Heat (1993)   Scorpions - Face the Heat (1993) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 6:24 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
One good song, Alien Nation. Rest was midle of the road or bad.
For the only bad song on that album was "Woman", that song was just really boring to me and I could never get into it, so I always end up skipping over it.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Face the Heat (1993)   Scorpions - Face the Heat (1993) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 3:28 pm

I like this album quite a bit. I also count it among my top 3. The other 2 would be Animal Magnetism and Crazy World. As stated previously, and I completely agree, Woman is by far the weakest song on the album, but the rest is solid.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Face the Heat (1993)   Scorpions - Face the Heat (1993) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 3:33 pm

I like "Woman". It's a bit different for the Scorps as it's almost a straight-up blues ballad, but it's a good song IMO.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Face the Heat (1993)   Scorpions - Face the Heat (1993) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 10:04 am

This, according to me, is a wonderful album. Yes, a bit heavier as well, as compared to many other Scorpions records.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Face the Heat (1993)   Scorpions - Face the Heat (1993) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 10:04 am

ultmetal wrote:
I like "Woman". It's a bit different for the Scorps as it's almost a straight-up blues ballad, but it's a good song IMO.

Me too. headbanger 
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Face the Heat (1993)   Scorpions - Face the Heat (1993) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 1:38 pm

Eye II Eye has one great song: "Mind Like a Tree."

Face the Heat is a great album. Not super-heavy by any means, but it has its moments. Definitely one of their most underrated albums.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Face the Heat (1993)   Scorpions - Face the Heat (1993) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 3:05 pm

Listening to the album this morning, its better then I remember it being. On the other hand
'Savage Amusement' is not as good as I once thought it was, too many filler tunes on that disc.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Face the Heat (1993)   Scorpions - Face the Heat (1993) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 6:59 pm

MoonChild wrote:
This, according to me, is a wonderful album. Yes, a bit heavier as well, as compared to many other Scorpions records.

Heavier than what albums? Virgin Killer, In Trance, Taken By Force, Lovedrive, Animal Magnetism, Blackout are all equally heavy or heavier than Face the Heat. Even Love At First Sting is heavier than this album.

It's definitely heavier than Eye II Eye, but then again, Def Leppard is thrash metal compared to Eye II Eye. Razz 

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Face the Heat (1993)   Scorpions - Face the Heat (1993) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 8:06 pm

I havent listened to this album in quite a while.... but.....

Alien Nation as already stated has to be one of the heaviest tunes they'd ever written, when I heard it on the radio I kept wondering.... who is this????  Then hearing Klaus I realized who....

Face the Heat was a pretty good album, not a classic but not a piece of bantha fodder either...

I'll always prefer the earlier stuff, but their UNBREAKABLE album is a brilliant piece of metal I will say....

I just think the Scorps started with those long breaks because of burn out....  try something different maybe recharge the batteries....  I dug acoustica, never heard Eye 2 Eye and dont intend to....   They also did that album with the Berlin Philarmonic.... novelty......

Face the Heat aint the place I'd start my Scorpions collection.... but not the last either....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Face the Heat (1993)   Scorpions - Face the Heat (1993) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 9:33 am

Outside of the album "Crazy World", the 90's, I.M.O. were a really bad decade for the Scorpions. I think they rebounded in the 21st century. The one great song on "Face the Heat" is "Alien Nation", with "Unholy Alliance" being a really good song. I think the song "Woman" and "Lonely Nights" are decent songs. The rest just didn't do anything for me. I would agree with Freddy that this album is "Crazy World" Part Deux, but worse songs.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Face the Heat (1993)   Scorpions - Face the Heat (1993) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 10:08 am

Quote :
I would agree with Freddy that this album is "Crazy World" Part Deux, but worse songs.

Finally, somebody else hears it!! Very Happy

It's most obvious when you get to "Under the Same Sun," which is a pretty blatant re-tread of "Wind of Change" (minus the whistling)....

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Face the Heat (1993)   Scorpions - Face the Heat (1993) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 11:28 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
I would agree with Freddy that this album is "Crazy World" Part Deux, but worse songs.

Finally, somebody else hears it!! Very Happy

It's most obvious when you get to "Under the Same Sun," which is a pretty blatant re-tread of "Wind of Change" (minus the whistling)....

This song also has the distinction of having an outside writing team of Producer Bruce Fairbairn and the eccentric Mark Hudson. Have you ever seen that guy on VH-1's Rock n Roll Fantasy Camp? In fact Mark Hudson is given credit to four tracks on that album.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Face the Heat (1993)   Scorpions - Face the Heat (1993) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 11:26 am

ultmetal wrote:
Scorpions - Face the Heat (1993) - Page 2 Scorpions-Face-The-Heat

Never heard the album myself, but I know it's one of the most frequent Scorps albums I see in the used sections. That alone is enough for me to stay away.

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Face the Heat (1993)   Scorpions - Face the Heat (1993) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scorpions - Face the Heat (1993)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2