Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Album covers you like more than the album itself

Go down 
+8
BearOnUnicycle
Boris2008
manny
corplhicks
MetallicSeminarian
Fat Freddy
kmorg
ZombieHavoc
12 posters
AuthorMessage
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

Album covers you like more than the album itself Empty
PostSubject: Album covers you like more than the album itself   Album covers you like more than the album itself Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 10:38 am

Sometimes there are album covers that make me want to like the record. Sometimes, I just don't like the record. The biggest example for me is Grave's You'll Never See. It's not like it's a horrible album or anything, but I'm not a huge death metal guy, and wouldn't listen to it enough to own the album. But I LOVE the cover.

Album covers you like more than the album itself 6289
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Album covers you like more than the album itself   Album covers you like more than the album itself Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 12:27 pm

Most of Molly Hatchets covers.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Album covers you like more than the album itself   Album covers you like more than the album itself Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 12:29 pm

Never liked KISS' Unmasked much, but the comic-strip cover ("I STILL say they STINK!") is a favorite of mine.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Album covers you like more than the album itself   Album covers you like more than the album itself Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 12:31 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Never liked KISS' Unmasked much, but the comic-strip cover ("I STILL say they STINK!") is a favorite of mine.

I like that cover a lot too.

(Although I also love the album and think it is one of KISS' best.)
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Album covers you like more than the album itself   Album covers you like more than the album itself Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 1:00 pm

I thought mortification's "brain cleaner" has a cool cover, but it's among my least favorite Morty albums. Same goes for "scribe of the Pentateuch."
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Album covers you like more than the album itself   Album covers you like more than the album itself Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 1:08 pm

kmorg wrote:
Most of Molly Hatchets covers.

Funny you mention that. As a kid, those covers were the entire reason I listened to Molly Hatchet. lol! 

Triumph's Just a Game has that board game inside; I enjoy playing that more than listening to the album (which isn't bad).

Van Halen 1984 - my least favorite and barely-listened-to Roth album but gotta love the irony in the artwork.

Styx Cornerstone. Neat design. Blah album. Blah band, really, for me.

The two big Kansas albums (can you tell I'm a fan).

Meat Loaf - Bat Out of Hell 1 & 2. Two of the most metal looking covers ever, two of the most non-metal albums ever.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Album covers you like more than the album itself   Album covers you like more than the album itself Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 1:12 pm

corplhicks wrote:

Meat Loaf - Bat Out of Hell 1 & 2. Two of the most metal looking covers ever, two of the most non-metal albums ever.

Great choices.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Album covers you like more than the album itself   Album covers you like more than the album itself Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 1:16 pm

Samatha Fox album covers come to mind.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Album covers you like more than the album itself   Album covers you like more than the album itself Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 1:17 pm

manny wrote:
Samatha Fox album covers come to mind.

Laughing very hard I should've thought of that. Lita Ford would qualify as well.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Album covers you like more than the album itself   Album covers you like more than the album itself Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 1:19 pm

Album covers you like more than the album itself Sam+Fox+-+Touch+Me+(I+Want+Your+Body)+-+Autographed+-+12%22+RECORD%2FMAXI+SINGLE-531280
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Album covers you like more than the album itself   Album covers you like more than the album itself Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 1:35 pm

I actually enjoyed Fox's music. But yeah, I agree. Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Album covers you like more than the album itself   Album covers you like more than the album itself Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 1:45 pm

corplhicks wrote:

She played music? Shocked This changes everything!!!

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Album covers you like more than the album itself   Album covers you like more than the album itself Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 1:52 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

She played music? Shocked This changes everything!!!

Yeah, she kinda sang. Something something something assets joke punchline.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Album covers you like more than the album itself   Album covers you like more than the album itself Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 2:21 pm

Album covers you like more than the album itself Tumblr12

I really like Burzum covers, don't much care for the music.

And while we're being pervy old guys

Album covers you like more than the album itself Spinne10 Album covers you like more than the album itself Images33

I didn't rate Brody's post Distillers album too much, but I do like her bottom! Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Album covers you like more than the album itself   Album covers you like more than the album itself Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 3:03 pm

Boris2008 wrote:

And while we're being pervy old guys

Album covers you like more than the album itself Spinne10 Album covers you like more than the album itself Images33

I didn't rate Brody's post Distillers album too much, but I do like her bottom! Very Happy 

C'mon, man; she poops out of that. Razz 
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Album covers you like more than the album itself   Album covers you like more than the album itself Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 7:22 pm

Here's a couple
Album covers you like more than the album itself 2oAHOoTJUeQ
Album covers you like more than the album itself 397142_331430256877692_147351091952277_1031998_619308872_n
And a lot of other djent/prog modern stuff ruined by harsh vocals. These colorfull, "electrical" covers give me estetical satisfaction.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Album covers you like more than the album itself   Album covers you like more than the album itself Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 7:45 pm

BearOnUnicycle wrote:
Here's a couple
Album covers you like more than the album itself 2oAHOoTJUeQ
Album covers you like more than the album itself 397142_331430256877692_147351091952277_1031998_619308872_n
And a lot of other djent/prog modern stuff ruined by harsh vocals. These colorfull, "electrical" covers give me estetical satisfaction.

I hear you. I click on hundreds of these albums on bandcamp and I like two, if any. But they look freaking swell.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Album covers you like more than the album itself   Album covers you like more than the album itself Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 8:13 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Great choices.

yeah. really good choices.

bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Album covers you like more than the album itself   Album covers you like more than the album itself Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 8:16 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Great choices.

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Album covers you like more than the album itself   Album covers you like more than the album itself Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 11:46 pm

Album covers you like more than the album itself Quiet_Riot_Quiet_Riot_3--f

Always thought this was a cool album cover.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Album covers you like more than the album itself   Album covers you like more than the album itself Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 1:06 am

I bought this album (TMA Beach Party 2000) only because I thought the cover looked cool. Can't remember the music, only that I didn't like it.

Album covers you like more than the album itself Tma10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Album covers you like more than the album itself   Album covers you like more than the album itself Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Album covers you like more than the album itself
Page 1 of 1