Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Onslaught VI

Go down 
+6
krokus
mc666
Wargod
cruedevil71
Boris2008
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Onslaught VI Empty
PostSubject: Onslaught VI   Onslaught VI Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 3:04 am

I've got this ordered now and after hearing these two songs I've decided that it NEEDS it's own thread.

I love these songs, they cave in your skull, melt your face and lots of other things that you wouldn't like to happen in real life! Laughing very hard 

I've been a big fan of these guys for ever but this sounds awesome. headbanger 
Back to top Go down
cruedevil71
Metal student
Metal student
cruedevil71

Number of posts : 104

Onslaught VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onslaught VI   Onslaught VI Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 10:36 am

I listened to the leak last night and ..damn, this f*cking slays! Much better than the last two, IMHO.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40527

Onslaught VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onslaught VI   Onslaught VI Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 10:54 am

Yeah those are sounding really good. I was unaware that this band was still around. I may have to look into the more recent releases (I have their first 3).
Back to top Go down
cruedevil71
Metal student
Metal student
cruedevil71

Onslaught VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onslaught VI   Onslaught VI Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 11:17 am

Killing Peace wasn't bad but if you you like death growls in your thrash you will dig (Sounds of Violence) the last album as well. I,for one can't stand growls in my thrash so I found it to be rather cliche or trying too hard. Everything I hated about the last release has been omitted on this one,thank Satan,lol! .
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Onslaught VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onslaught VI   Onslaught VI Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 2:44 pm

Sounds of Violence was good if you like modern Exodus. I liked it at the time but this sounds much better.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Onslaught VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onslaught VI   Onslaught VI Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 9:09 pm

Killing Peace was an awesome slab of thrash!

Metalwargod
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Onslaught VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onslaught VI   Onslaught VI Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 1:33 am

To me this sounds no different than the last two, so if you liked those, then this will suit you. I like it fine.

krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Onslaught VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onslaught VI   Onslaught VI Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 6:35 am

Yes, i really liked KILLING PEACE. The first two albums are still my fave (the thirth with the GRIM REAPER singer was not very good imo). SOUND OF VIOLENCE was okay but KILLING PEACE was better. About VI, i like this two songs. Thanks for posting them. I will buy this cd of course. ONSLAUGHT forever.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40527

Onslaught VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onslaught VI   Onslaught VI Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 9:13 am

krokus wrote:
the third with the GRIM REAPER singer was not very good imo.

Now see , I love that album. Fantastic release !
Back to top Go down
cruedevil71
Metal student
Metal student
cruedevil71

Onslaught VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onslaught VI   Onslaught VI Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 12:56 pm

007 wrote:
krokus wrote:
Same here but I am a huge Grimmett fan from waay back,even before GR.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Onslaught VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onslaught VI   Onslaught VI Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 5:48 pm

I like GRIM REAPER and the CHATEAUX album with him on it (but i like the other two more by that band without him, stronger songs, have them all on vinyls) but i dont think that I SEARCH OF SANITY has very strong songs on it doesnt really sound like ONSLAUGHT anymore.
Back to top Go down
cruedevil71
Metal student
Metal student
cruedevil71

Onslaught VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onslaught VI   Onslaught VI Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 6:27 pm

Yea,if Grimmett wasn't on that album,it be my least fav(tied w/KP) after SoV. I just cant get into SoV but I should give it another spin since I only listened to its entirety,maybe twice.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Onslaught VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onslaught VI   Onslaught VI Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 6:33 pm

I am not a big SOUND OF VIOLENCE fan either. I really liked KILLING PEACE and SOV was disapointing. Still it has a couple of good songs on it. I think i am going to like this new album more.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

Onslaught VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onslaught VI   Onslaught VI Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 9:04 am

Hope to pick this one up this weekend.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Onslaught VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onslaught VI   Onslaught VI Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 6:09 pm

I preorder this from WOWHD.CO.UK. Free sending cost worldwide and you can pay by paypal. Very easy way of buying cds, lps, books, dvd´s etc...for a good price. I already bought a lot of cool stuff from them this year and last year.
Back to top Go down
cruedevil71
Metal student
Metal student
cruedevil71

Onslaught VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onslaught VI   Onslaught VI Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 3:23 am

This is THE thrash release of the year. I've had time to soak this up and can honestly say its everything I wanted from them. They have finally refined their sound. In this age of "cop out"/"cut & paste." Perfect example of a reformed band that does not take its talent for granted.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Onslaught VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onslaught VI   Onslaught VI Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 3:40 am

Is this cd already out???. On METAL ARCHIVES is said 20 of september but when i ordered this yestarday the web site told me it was a pre-order.
Back to top Go down
cruedevil71
Metal student
Metal student
cruedevil71

Onslaught VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onslaught VI   Onslaught VI Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 11:08 am

krokus wrote:
Is this cd already out???. On METAL ARCHIVES is said 20 of september but when i ordered this yestarday the web site told me it was a pre-order.
Thats odd. If you dont mind me asking,what country do you live in?
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Onslaught VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onslaught VI   Onslaught VI Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 12:40 pm

cruedevil71 wrote:
krokus wrote:
Thats odd. If you dont mind me asking,what country do you live in?
I am living in Spain but pre-order this from the UK (WOWHD.CO.UK).
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Onslaught VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onslaught VI   Onslaught VI Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 12:41 pm

Here is the link:
http://www.wowhd.co.uk/search?q=onslaught&t=all
Back to top Go down
cruedevil71
Metal student
Metal student
cruedevil71

Onslaught VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onslaught VI   Onslaught VI Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 4:37 pm

That site say Oct. 4th.
Wow, they must be back ordered but you can definitely get it at Amazon. It'll be worth the wait!
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Onslaught VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onslaught VI   Onslaught VI Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 4:40 pm

cruedevil71 wrote:
That site say Oct. 4th.
Wow, they must be back ordered but you can definitely get it at Amazon. It'll be worth the wait!
Okay, i didnt see oct.4 th. I have to wait because i already payed for it. Thanks for the info bro. Nice of you!!!!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Onslaught VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onslaught VI   Onslaught VI Icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 6:21 am

Yeah, got it now. Love it Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28614

Onslaught VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onslaught VI   Onslaught VI Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 9:52 pm

007 wrote:
krokus wrote:
In Search of Sanity is actually my favorite Onslaught album.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9938

Onslaught VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onslaught VI   Onslaught VI Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 2:40 pm

Listening to this cd now.

So brutal. Glad I picked it up. Makes me wanna go for the rest of their catalogue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Onslaught VI Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onslaught VI   Onslaught VI Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Onslaught VI
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: