Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Coroner -- Death Cult official release

Go down 
+9
Troublezone
Boris2008
kyleblack
chewie
stepcousin
Alex Dee Rokket
MetallicSeminarian
stormspell
choosemetal
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
kyleblack
Metal student
Metal student
kyleblack

Number of posts : 159

Coroner -- Death Cult official release - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coroner -- Death Cult official release   Coroner -- Death Cult official release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 8:24 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:
I find it strange that they're re-releasing this stuff, when they have 5 studio albums which are all out-of-print (pretty much.)

Finding "Grin" was a damn quest.

Because this doesn't require licensing. All of their albums are owned by Universal Music Group.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Coroner -- Death Cult official release   Coroner -- Death Cult official release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 8:31 pm

kyleblack wrote:
DakotaRogers wrote:
I find it strange that they're re-releasing this stuff, when they have 5 studio albums which are all out-of-print (pretty much.)

Finding "Grin" was a damn quest.

Because this doesn't require licensing. All of their albums are owned by Universal Music Group.

Well, if they're doing nothing but touring and outright refusing to record new material, you'd think that that would be first on their list: to get the rights to their shit back.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Coroner -- Death Cult official release   Coroner -- Death Cult official release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 8:40 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:
MetallicSeminarian wrote:
As someone new to coroner, where should I start?

I started with "Mental Vortex." After that, I was buying new Coroner albums every other week.

Then, you should go with "No More Color." The frenetic technicality and the intelligence of the riffs and songwriting is unbeatable.

After that, the fan favorite "Punishment for Decadence."of  "Absorbed" and "Masked Jackal" are two of Coroner's best songs.

Yeah, I ended up getting Mental Vortex. I'm now hunting for more Coroner.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Coroner -- Death Cult official release   Coroner -- Death Cult official release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 8:42 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
Yeah, I ended up getting Mental Vortex. I'm now hunting for more Coroner.

Good deal! One of my favorite albums of all-time. It was a little overwhelming when I first heard it, but it grew on me like something fierce. Not a bad song on it, unless you don't enjoy Beetles' covers.  Wink
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Coroner -- Death Cult official release   Coroner -- Death Cult official release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 9:18 pm

The CD version of the Death Cult demo is up for pre order ltd to 1500 copies.

Going to wait for the vinyl.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Coroner -- Death Cult official release   Coroner -- Death Cult official release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 10:56 am

I have the Death Cult demo already so I was wondering if the bonus tracks were really worth shelling out the cash for it. I probably will anyway, I need that and the S/T album from '95 to complete my Coroner collection.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coroner -- Death Cult official release   Coroner -- Death Cult official release - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coroner -- Death Cult official release
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2