Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Coroner -- Death Cult official release

Go down 
+9
Troublezone
Boris2008
kyleblack
chewie
stepcousin
Alex Dee Rokket
MetallicSeminarian
stormspell
choosemetal
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

Coroner -- Death Cult official release Empty
PostSubject: Coroner -- Death Cult official release   Coroner -- Death Cult official release Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 5:30 pm

Coroner to release the "Death Cult" demo, including bonus material on CD & limited vinyl via No Remorse Records (Greece). Release date is scheduled for December 2013.

http://label.noremorse.gr/news/52-technical-thrash-metal-masters-coroner-joined-no-remorse-records
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Coroner -- Death Cult official release   Coroner -- Death Cult official release Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 5:56 pm

Awesome! I shall carry some copies for the US market
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Coroner -- Death Cult official release   Coroner -- Death Cult official release Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 6:22 pm

stormspell wrote:
Awesome! I shall carry some copies for the US market

Thanks man!! The Euro's are killing me. I bought from you once I have to check out what you have once you re-open the store.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Coroner -- Death Cult official release   Coroner -- Death Cult official release Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 6:43 pm

I need to get some coroner since I keep hearing such good things about them.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Coroner -- Death Cult official release   Coroner -- Death Cult official release Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 7:50 pm

I'd love for Coroner to re-issue all their albums already. So many more cult bands have done it - it's about time for Coroner to follow suit. Maybe strike a deal with Metal Mind or something...

The prices on ebay for Coroner's albums are just ridiculous
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Coroner -- Death Cult official release   Coroner -- Death Cult official release Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 7:19 am

Coroner rules. I heard someone once say they were the Rush of technical thrash. sounds about right.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Coroner -- Death Cult official release   Coroner -- Death Cult official release Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 1:02 pm

I have liked what I have heard from these guys. I'll have to check it out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coroner -- Death Cult official release   Coroner -- Death Cult official release Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 1:34 pm

Coroner has remained a favorite of mine, even though many of their contemporaries I stopped listening to over 20 years ago. There is just something about their albums that hooks me, they still sound fresh.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Coroner -- Death Cult official release   Coroner -- Death Cult official release Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 1:59 pm

As someone new to coroner, where should I start?
Back to top Go down
kyleblack
Metal student
Metal student
kyleblack

Number of posts : 159

PostSubject: Re: Coroner -- Death Cult official release   Coroner -- Death Cult official release Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 3:05 pm

Will definitely try to grab the vinyl version if a US distro carries it. The thing has been bootlegged to hell and back for good reason.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coroner -- Death Cult official release   Coroner -- Death Cult official release Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 3:11 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:

My personal favorite is Mental Vortex, one of my favorite metal albums of the 90s.  But most die-hard thrash fans would probably suggest "Punishment For Decadence" as the first choice.

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Coroner -- Death Cult official release   Coroner -- Death Cult official release Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 3:23 pm

I'm a bit of a Celtic Frost nut (and a fan of Coroner) so this is a no brainer vinyl pre order for me. In fact I want it now godamit!!!! greedy 
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: Coroner -- Death Cult official release   Coroner -- Death Cult official release Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 5:13 pm

R.I.P. and Punishment for Decadence, that's the essential stuff.

No More Color is also good, but not essential.

Mental Vortex is pretty much for completists only. In case you check it out, make sure to skip the Beatles cover, least you like self-inflicted pain and suffering.

Grin should be avoided like plague.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coroner -- Death Cult official release   Coroner -- Death Cult official release Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 9:11 pm

stormspell wrote:

No More Color is also good, but not essential.

Mental Vortex is pretty much for completists only. In case you check it out, make sure to skip the Beatles cover, least you like self-inflicted pain and suffering.

Grin should be avoided like plague.

I completely disagree on all counts, they were far more interesting once they started experimenting beyond the limitations of thrash.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Coroner -- Death Cult official release   Coroner -- Death Cult official release Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 11:50 pm

Thanks, guys! I guess I'll just have to sample everything Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: Coroner -- Death Cult official release   Coroner -- Death Cult official release Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 1:18 am

S.D. wrote:
...they were far more interesting once they started experimenting beyond the limitations of thrash.

I see it the other way around. They actually gave up the rich green thrash pastures and like many other bands of that era burrowed themselves into oblivion in the alterna/grunge hole Razz.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Coroner -- Death Cult official release   Coroner -- Death Cult official release Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 2:22 am

first 4 albums are great: first two are classic Noise Records european thrash releases, Noise Records had all the great bands in the late 80's and early 90's. Coroner's next two were a bit more experimental but still sound totally like Coroner. By then they were better musicians as well and had an uncanny knack for excellent melodies and some occasional fast thrashy parts thrown in for good measure. Get all 4.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Coroner -- Death Cult official release   Coroner -- Death Cult official release Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 5:39 am

Just checked on this as I want it (despite buying a bootleg in error already!  angry )

It's been put back to Jan 27 for the CD and who knows for the vinyl.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Coroner -- Death Cult official release   Coroner -- Death Cult official release Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 4:13 am

Is it supposed to be remastered?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Coroner -- Death Cult official release   Coroner -- Death Cult official release Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 11:54 am

I'm one of the few who liked all of their albums.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Coroner -- Death Cult official release   Coroner -- Death Cult official release Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 2:08 pm

They don't have any bad albums.  They're all great!
Been a fan since '91.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Coroner -- Death Cult official release   Coroner -- Death Cult official release Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 3:13 pm

Coroner "Death Cult" demo is their best & only release I need.
Was really surprised in 1987/88 when a tapetrader added it on a side of tape, and even though heavily copied with tape hiss, it just blew me away.
Hopefully will be able to buy the vinyl
Was disappointed with almost everything else I ever heard by them.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Coroner -- Death Cult official release   Coroner -- Death Cult official release Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 7:17 pm

I started with "Mental Vortex." After that, I was buying new Coroner albums every other week.

Then, you should go with "No More Color." The frenetic technicality and the intelligence of the riffs and songwriting is unbeatable.

After that, the fan favorite "Punishment for Decadence."of  "Absorbed" and "Masked Jackal" are two of Coroner's best songs.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Coroner -- Death Cult official release   Coroner -- Death Cult official release Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 7:19 pm

I find it strange that they're re-releasing this stuff, when they have 5 studio albums which are all out-of-print (pretty much.)

Finding "Grin" was a damn quest.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Coroner -- Death Cult official release   Coroner -- Death Cult official release Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 7:44 pm

looks like I should start selling vinyl I don't want,
I have this same "R.I.P." vinyl version that others are selling for €70.00 - €105.00
http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?release_id=2189700&ev=rb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coroner -- Death Cult official release   Coroner -- Death Cult official release Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coroner -- Death Cult official release
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next