Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Suddenly, new Running Wild album in the works

Go down 
+10
Dark Horseman
A Handful of Wayne
exact33
Spiner202
80s Metal Lady
Orion Crystal Ice
MoonChild
corplhicks
BearOnUnicycle
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

Suddenly, new Running Wild album in the works Empty
PostSubject: Suddenly, new Running Wild album in the works   Suddenly, new Running Wild album in the works Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 2:09 pm

Well, not really suddenly, but still, Rolf Kasparek is working on a new LP to be released this autumn. Following quote is stolen from Russian site.

Quote :
German power metallers RUNNING WILD will release their new album, "Resilient", on October 4 in Germany and October 7 in the rest of Europe via Steamhammer/SPV. The North American release date will be revealed soon, but the CD will definitely arrive in the U.S. this October.

Says RUNNING WILD mainman Rolf "Rock'n'Rolf" Kasparek : "I really love working at the moment and am currently getting down to business on the overdubs. I can hardly wait to present the new material to the many RUNNING WILD fans worldwide."

According to a press release, RUNNING WILD fans "can look forward to a total of twelve brand-new numbers, ten of which will feature on the regular CD, and twelve on the limited edition. The album's opener will be called 'Soldiers Of Fortune', and the title track, 'The Drift' and 'Run Riot' will be three typical RUNNING WILD numbers. The most outstanding song on the album, however, will be called 'Bloody Island', with almost ten minutes playing time one of the longest tracks in RUNNING WILD's career to date."

Adds Rolf: "As a composer, it's, of course, difficult for me to pigeonhole the new material stylistically, but friends who have heard the demo version of 'Bloody Island' claim that it would have fitted in on 'Pile Of Skulls'."

According to Rolf, "Resilient" is audibly tougher and more compact than its predecessor, "Shadowmaker", which was released in April 2012 via SPV/Steamhammer.

"'Shadowmaker' happened to come about slightly unexpectedly and spontaneously, even for me," says Rolf. "The album has brought back the fun I used to have with RUNNING WILD, and my fans will get to feel this fun when 'Resilient' comes out in October!"
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Suddenly, new Running Wild album in the works   Suddenly, new Running Wild album in the works Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 2:25 pm

Cool! And a ten-minute song? Damn.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

PostSubject: Re: Suddenly, new Running Wild album in the works   Suddenly, new Running Wild album in the works Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 2:39 pm

The "Pile of Skulls" part raised my hopes a bit. Looking back at Rolf's tolerable but not exactly exciting solo work of the last decade, I hope this new album will contain a spark. After all, UDO made it with his latest.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Suddenly, new Running Wild album in the works   Suddenly, new Running Wild album in the works Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 2:45 pm

headbanger 
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Suddenly, new Running Wild album in the works   Suddenly, new Running Wild album in the works Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 5:13 pm

After the lifeless 'Shadowmaker' I kind of wish he would stop.

But I'm a massive fan and know I'll at least listen to a song or two, something sounds like 'Pile Of Skulls'? Well then.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Suddenly, new Running Wild album in the works   Suddenly, new Running Wild album in the works Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 8:38 pm

Hell yeah! Pile Of Skulls is my second favorite album by them (behind Port Royal).

A couple of songs off Shadowmaker were great, but not the album as a whole so, hopefully, this album will be more solid.
Back to top Go down
Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: Suddenly, new Running Wild album in the works   Suddenly, new Running Wild album in the works Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 8:47 pm

I might listen to a song or two, but I'll just stick with the new Blazon Stone record, which is beyond awesome (better than many of the RW classics IMO).
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Suddenly, new Running Wild album in the works   Suddenly, new Running Wild album in the works Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 8:48 pm

i liked Shadowmaker so ill check this out.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39398

PostSubject: Re: Suddenly, new Running Wild album in the works   Suddenly, new Running Wild album in the works Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 9:02 pm

I still need to get Shadowmaker and I want to check this one out.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Suddenly, new Running Wild album in the works   Suddenly, new Running Wild album in the works Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 9:56 pm

Spiner202 wrote:
I might listen to a song or two, but I'll just stick with the new Blazon Stone record, which is beyond awesome (better than many of the RW classics IMO).

When was that released?

Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: Suddenly, new Running Wild album in the works   Suddenly, new Running Wild album in the works Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 7:37 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Spiner202 wrote:

When was that released?

It's coming out next month on Stormspell records, but I've had a promo for a couple months now. I think there are a couple of songs on YouTube if you want to check it out.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Suddenly, new Running Wild album in the works   Suddenly, new Running Wild album in the works Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 2:29 pm

OCI is right but here's hoping.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Suddenly, new Running Wild album in the works   Suddenly, new Running Wild album in the works Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 7:42 pm

Spiner202 wrote:
Spiner202 wrote:

When was that released?

It's coming out next month on Stormspell records, but I've had a promo for a couple months now. I think there are a couple of songs on YouTube if you want to check it out.

that is on my wantlist.

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Suddenly, new Running Wild album in the works   Suddenly, new Running Wild album in the works Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 10:14 pm

Spiner202 wrote:
Spiner202 wrote:

When was that released?

Oh ok.. I heard the songs Stormspell put up here. Sounds great.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Suddenly, new Running Wild album in the works   Suddenly, new Running Wild album in the works Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 11:16 pm

Forget all this new album durka durka. I wanna know when the reissues are gonna happen.
Back to top Go down
RAIDwarden
Metal novice
Metal novice
RAIDwarden

Number of posts : 54

PostSubject: Re: Suddenly, new Running Wild album in the works   Suddenly, new Running Wild album in the works Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 1:48 pm

Whenever Running Wild has a long song (8+ minutes), it is always good. They haven't made a bad one yet! Hopefully they stay at that streak. Can't wait to hear this album
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Suddenly, new Running Wild album in the works   Suddenly, new Running Wild album in the works Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 8:08 pm

To state the obvious - Rolf hasn't really released a classic since Black Hand Inn... but tbh that doesn't bother me as much as it bothers other RW fans. I own and like all of RW's albums. My only gripe is that over the last 10 years (or so) Rolf hasn't really been backed by a proper band. I would prefer it if he hired a handful of new musicians with the type of skills and talent that the older line-ups had (the ones featured on all the 'classic' RW albums).

That's about it.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

PostSubject: Re: Suddenly, new Running Wild album in the works   Suddenly, new Running Wild album in the works Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 4:25 am

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:
My only gripe is that over the last 10 years (or so) Rolf hasn't really been backed by a proper band.

Same here. It takes away some freshness from music he realeases. It sounds kinda lifless and mechanical. Though I must say since BHI I've enjoyed The Brotherhood and Rivalry a lot - both so catchy.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Suddenly, new Running Wild album in the works   Suddenly, new Running Wild album in the works Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 12:51 pm

Hey, 'Masquerade' is really really good. A lot of people forget about that one.

I really like about half of 'The Brotherhood' too. It has their best instrumental, 'Siberian Winter'. 'The Rivalry'.. not so much, just too much filler on that one.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Suddenly, new Running Wild album in the works   Suddenly, new Running Wild album in the works Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 5:29 pm

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:
To state the obvious - Rolf hasn't really released a classic since Black Hand Inn... but tbh that doesn't bother me as much as it bothers other RW fans. I own and like all of RW's albums. My only gripe is that over the last 10 years (or so) Rolf hasn't really been backed by a proper band. I would prefer it if he hired a handful of new musicians with the type of skills and talent that the older line-ups had (the ones featured on all the 'classic' RW albums).

That's about it.

black hand inn just rocks. I enjoy most of their material but BHI is my favorite.

Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Suddenly, new Running Wild album in the works   Suddenly, new Running Wild album in the works Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 8:42 pm

I agree regarding the post-BHI albums - there are some real (underrated) gems in there.

If I were to rank the albums post-BHI:

1. The Rivalry
2. Masquerade
3. Victory

Bottom 3:
4. Welcome to Hell
5. Shadowmaker
6. Rogues En Vogue

4 - 6 I find the songwriting to be pretty decent, even very solid at times but it is the production that holds these albums back. It feels too mechanical and sterile. These albums lack a real band backing Rolf. Foremost they need a real drummer rather than a programmed drum machine. Rogues En Vogue has the weakest production all round. The guitars sound very strange on that album - I liken it to the sound toy guitars make. It's a weird, thin sounding distortion.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Suddenly, new Running Wild album in the works   Suddenly, new Running Wild album in the works Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 9:00 pm

Interesting. I find Victory to be the one I am bugged by the sound especially that ticky drum sound.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

PostSubject: Re: Suddenly, new Running Wild album in the works   Suddenly, new Running Wild album in the works Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 3:39 pm

"Resilient" will be out on October 4, 2013 in Germany and on October 7, 2013 in the rest of Europe. The exact date of the US release will be revealed soon, but the album has definitely been scheduled for release in America this October.

Tracklisting

01. Soldiers Of Fortune
02. Resilient
03. Adventure Highway
04. The Drift
05. Desert Rose
06. Fireheart
07. Run Riot
08. Down To The Wire
09. Crystal Gold
10. Bloody Island
11. Payola & Shenanigans (Limited Edition Bonus Track)
12. Premonition (Limited Edition Bonus Track)
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Suddenly, new Running Wild album in the works   Suddenly, new Running Wild album in the works Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 1:26 am

I'm not gonna hold my breath over this. I'd like to be surprised of course, but I think the realistic chance of that happening is quite minimalistic...

The only way to make this work is to get rid of that PJ fella and bring Majk Moti, Stefan Becker, and Jorg Michael into the fold.

Otherwise it is the Toxic Taste duo playing RW tribute, and it aint pretty...
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

PostSubject: Re: Suddenly, new Running Wild album in the works   Suddenly, new Running Wild album in the works Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 6:02 am

I've just realised I don't own Shadowmaker yet - and I was sure I've listened to it multiple times already Very Happy
Rolf needs new blood in the band for sure. Hell, he needs a band first. Worked for UDO, may work for him also.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suddenly, new Running Wild album in the works   Suddenly, new Running Wild album in the works Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suddenly, new Running Wild album in the works
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next