Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll

Go down 
+34
Troublezone
krokus
metalinmyveins
bass63
Joe
Orion Crystal Ice
QuothTheRaven
exact33
jstate
EmoElmo
Alex Dee Rokket
nevermore
mc666
akeldama
tohostudios
80s Metal Lady
Lari
BearOnUnicycle
manny
tul
corplhicks
DevZor
Dark Horseman
MetallicSeminarian
journeyman
ultmetal
Shawn Of Fire
Boris2008
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
MoonChild
candlemass
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

What Say You?!
Heaven & Hell
Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll - Page 3 Vote_lcap41%Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 41% [ 35 ]
Mob Rules
Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll - Page 3 Vote_lcap15%Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 15% [ 13 ]
Born Again
Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll - Page 3 Vote_lcap12%Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 12% [ 10 ]
Seventh Star
Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll - Page 3 Vote_lcap5%Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 4 ]
The Eternal Idol
Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll - Page 3 Vote_lcap5%Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 4 ]
Headless Cross
Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll - Page 3 Vote_lcap6%Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 5 ]
TYR
Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll - Page 3 Vote_lcap4%Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 4% [ 3 ]
Dehumanizer
Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll - Page 3 Vote_lcap8%Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 7 ]
Cross Purposes
Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll - Page 3 Vote_lcap4%Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 4% [ 3 ]
Forbidden
Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 85

AuthorMessage
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll   Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 9:08 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Totally didn't notice Devil You Know was missing until you pointed it out. It should still be considered a Sabbath album.

I consider it a Sab album. Every time I post that I jammed it I post cover of it with the Sabbath moniker on it ie, earlier today...
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll   Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 10:47 pm

akeldama wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Totally didn't notice Devil You Know was missing until you pointed it out. It should still be considered a Sabbath album.

I consider it a Sab album. Every time I post that I jammed it I post  cover of it with the Sabbath moniker on it ie, earlier today...

Hell yes that is more than accurate! cheers
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll   Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 11:01 pm

akeldama wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

I consider it a Sab album. Every time I post that I jammed it I post  cover of it with the Sabbath moniker on it ie, earlier today...Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll - Page 3 I refuse to call it Heaven and Hell, its Black Sabbath damn it!

I refuse to call it Heaven and Hell, its Black Sabbath damn it
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll   Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 11:40 pm

Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll - Page 3 Black_sabbath___the_devil_you_know_by_cubsfan1981-d55ezan

Here's the cover I use.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll   Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 12:34 am

headbanger
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll   Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 12:54 am

Here is the red cover with only the name changed.

Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll - Page 3 Black%20sabbath%20-%20thedevilyouknow_large
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll   Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 1:59 am

That really is an epic cover.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll   Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:47 pm

"Sappy Sabbath!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll   Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 12:24 am

H & H followed by Mob Rules
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll   Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 7:19 am

S.D. wrote:
Here is the red cover with only the name changed.

Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll - Page 3 Black%20sabbath%20-%20thedevilyouknow_large

Can't see this...?
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll   Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 8:33 am

Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll   Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 5:41 pm

Sabbath did go through a lot of changes, and some have slagged off on Tony for "dragging the band name through the mud"...but what of a band like Deep Purple? While not quite as many changes, and not as often, they certainly had their share, and you don't see a lot of criticism from the fans or the press over that. Perhaps it's because the "Sabbath" name is so revered among metal heads...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll   Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 5:44 pm

candlemass wrote:
Sabbath did go through a lot of changes, and some have slagged off on Tony for "dragging the band name through the mud"...but what of a band like Deep Purple? While not quite as many changes, and not as often, they certainly had their share, and you don't see a lot of criticism from the fans or the press over that. Perhaps it's because the "Sabbath" name is so revered among metal heads...

There are plenty of close-minded Deep Purple fans out there that bitch about any lineup without Blackmore. I just ignore them.

Luckily Deep Purple managed to avoid the disdain from metal fans since most people don't consider them heavy metal any longer anyway. Personally, I'm glad for that, nobody bitches louder and longer than metal fans.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll   Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 5:48 pm

Well, they went through a few singers as well...
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll   Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 7:56 am

You know what would've been cool, impossible, but cool? A Dio/Ozzy/Sabbath tour! Right about the time "TYR" came out, Martin's voice was still very strong live at that time and they had enough material by then to keep it free of the Dio/Ozzy songs. Never happen, but it would've been one for the ages!  cheers
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll   Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 11:46 am

The thing about Purple's lineup revolving door is that they maintained a decent consistency on their post Coverdale albums. While Sabbath went up and down slightly in quality, it was rare when Purple hit a rocky patch. But Shawn is right; there are those that swear against the Steve Morse era even though a.) talk about an ideal replacement and b.) the songwriting remained strong. Anyway, that's for a Deep Purple thread I suppose.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll   Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 1:21 pm

Pft, you call "Slaves and Masters" a strong album?!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll   Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 6:02 pm

candlemass wrote:

Well, I did say "rare" lol. That one was a bit of a stinker, but still listenable. Battle Rages On is one that everyone hates on but I enjoyed it immensely. Same with Who Do We Think We Are.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll   Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 10:13 pm

I think I'm going to go with "Mob Rules". It's more fresh to me then that of "Heaven & Hell".

Mob Rules > Heaven & Hell > Dehumanizer > Born Again > The Eternal Idol > Headless Cross

I never got into the others...
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll   Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 3:39 am

Very hard cuestión. I said THE HEADLESS CROSS but i love many others too. Very hard.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll   Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 6:38 am

candlemass wrote:

Actually yes I will call it a strong album, great melodies, melodic songwriting, and the entire band sounds great. 'Breakfast in Bed', 'Fire in the Basement' 'King of Dreams' are all great songs.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll   Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 10:41 pm

I chose Born Again. It's Black Sabbath's most unique album. And Ian Gillan's vocals are untouchable!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll   Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 9:45 am

Troublezone wrote:
I chose Born Again. It's Black Sabbath's most unique album. And Ian Gillan's vocals are untouchable!

His vocals are outstanding, especially on Born Again.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll   Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 11:21 am

007 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

His vocals are outstanding, especially on Born Again.

Ian Gillan - the best vocalist EVER!
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll   Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 12:01 pm

while the song heaven and hell is one of my favorite tracks by sabbath I chose mob rules...it is a better overall album in my opinion..plus the mob rules riff is awesome!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll   Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Post Ozzy Sabbath Poll
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next