Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vivian Campbell Fighting Cancer

Go down 
+20
metalinmyveins
Glower
James B.
MoonChild
Shawn Of Fire
Troublezone
Thrasher73
corplhicks
nevermore
Temple of Blood
exact33
Boris2008
ultmetal
Dark Horseman
candlemass
SpectreFate
journeyman
Orion Crystal Ice
MetalGuy71
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

Vivian Campbell Fighting Cancer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vivian Campbell Fighting Cancer   Vivian Campbell Fighting Cancer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 1:39 pm

Maybe this is the offer that Doug Aldrich got from that "mysterious" non metal 80's band.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Vivian Campbell Fighting Cancer   Vivian Campbell Fighting Cancer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 2:13 pm

Cancer sucks! Kick it's ass Vivian!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Vivian Campbell Fighting Cancer   Vivian Campbell Fighting Cancer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 1:50 pm

I will always remember that " Rainbow In The Dark " video -
He's playing lead guitar with a long leather coat on - in a dirty alley way -
Everyone talked about V.C - with curiousity - because his name was new ( Ireland? ) !
Like when Rady Rhodes appeared - with Ozzy -  Vivian Campbell Fighting Cancer - Page 2 56834 
DIO had left Ritchie Blackmore's group - big shoes to fill -
He brought a strong mysterious sound to Dio for sure -
Didn't he hook up with Whitesnake / Coverdale - ?
I actually roadie'd for Def Lep - Hyseria tour - Europe were the openers -
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Vivian Campbell Fighting Cancer   Vivian Campbell Fighting Cancer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 9:04 am

Def Leppard guitarist Vivian Campbell 's cancer has returned and he has pulled out of the band's tour as a result.

The 52-year-old has documented his battle with Hodgkin's lymphoma, with affects the lymphatic system, on Facebook.

"I'm saddened by the fact that my cancer has returned," he wrote on Friday, June 19. "However, I'm beyond consolation that it's return will prevent me from being able to do my job for a while. I'm still working on a schedule of treatment with my doctors, but I will see you all very soon. My apologies."

Campbell had revealed on June 10, 2013 on his page that he was battling Hodgkin's lymphoma , which affects the lymphatic system, and was to be treated with chemotherapy. He wrote the following November that he was "officially in remission from Hodgies." He said in July 2014 that his cancer was still in remission and that he planned to undergo a stem cell transplant.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Vivian Campbell Fighting Cancer   Vivian Campbell Fighting Cancer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 9:15 am

I was just about to bump this thread myself. I saw this story yesterday. I feel so bad for people who have to deal with this dreaded disease, especially when it's multiple times. Hopefully Vivian can beat cancer this time.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Vivian Campbell Fighting Cancer   Vivian Campbell Fighting Cancer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 9:20 am

I'm praying for him to pull through.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Vivian Campbell Fighting Cancer   Vivian Campbell Fighting Cancer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 10:14 am

That sucks. Hope he pulls thru.

My old high school classmate Steve Brown of Trixter fame will be filling in for Viv again on DL's summer tour, just like last time Viv had to take a leave of absence. Good for Steve, even tho that's kind of a sh*tty way to land a gig.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Vivian Campbell Fighting Cancer   Vivian Campbell Fighting Cancer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 11:13 am

I hope he pulls through, too, but cancer returning more often than not signals the end. =(
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Vivian Campbell Fighting Cancer   Vivian Campbell Fighting Cancer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 8:07 pm

This sucks, unfortunately Eyesore is spot on. I've known some people who have survived cancer, some who haven't, not one of them has ever talked in terms of kicking it's ass or even fighting it. Those who are lucky enough to survive it are grateful to have done so but the spectre of it returning is always there  Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Vivian Campbell Fighting Cancer   Vivian Campbell Fighting Cancer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 8:49 pm

Mrs. Witchfinder has survived two bouts of breast cancer, however they were different kinds of breast cancer each time. Also, her second cancer was caught extremely early, which makes it much more survivable.

A return of the same cancer indicates it didn't respond to whatever treatment you were using, but there are always options and many different types of treatment that can be tried. Viv may just beat this.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Vivian Campbell Fighting Cancer   Vivian Campbell Fighting Cancer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 10:26 pm

He just posted on Facebook that he's not expecting to miss much of the tour after all (though I'm sure Steve Brown will be on call all summer):

So, so happy to report that I've dodged the bullet of radiation. I was due to start a course that would have sidelined me for most of the first leg of the US tour, but my brilliant doctors have steered me towards an alternative course of treatment that will enable me to rejoin the tour this Saturday night in Birmingham Alabama. Furthermore, they've tailored future treatments to accommodate the tour schedule so I won't have to miss any more shows.
I'm so happy and so indebted to the wonderful physicians who have worked so hard on my behalf to make this happen.
See you Saturday!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Vivian Campbell Fighting Cancer   Vivian Campbell Fighting Cancer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 9:54 am

Hope he's not rushing things. Skip the shows and get better. You're not missing anything in Birmingham, Alabama.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Vivian Campbell Fighting Cancer   Vivian Campbell Fighting Cancer - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 9:59 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Hope he's not rushing things. Skip the shows and get better. You're not missing anything in Birmingham, Alabama.

These are my feelings as well. Your cancer is in your lymphatic system once again, which is one of the worst as it travels faster and is more aggressive. Seems like an odd decision to me, then again people are looking to alternative methods other than chemo and radiation as those just destroy your immune systems. I hope he's doing the right thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vivian Campbell Fighting Cancer   Vivian Campbell Fighting Cancer - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vivian Campbell Fighting Cancer
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2