Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ray Manzarek of the Doors passes away.

Go down 
+19
Leatherface
corplhicks
journeyman
Wargod
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
Troublezone
GrandNational
manny
Wurthless
Required Fields
Orion Crystal Ice
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
James B.
springozzy
Boris2008
ultmetal
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

Ray Manzarek of the Doors passes away. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ray Manzarek of the Doors passes away.   Ray Manzarek of the Doors passes away. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 10:11 am

I came to become a Doors fan through the Echo & Bunnymen cover of People Are Strange from the movie the Lost Boys. Went out and bought all their stuff and will be the first to admit it took many years later for my fandom to really take hold. I look at it as lacking the musical maturity to fully appreciate them. But once it took, it took big. Morrison Hotel is my favorite for personal reasons.

The thing about the Doors for me is that I tend to think Jim was over-rated in the lyrical department but that was more than made up by the rest of the band. They were what makes the Doors great IMO.

And I never once jogged on Venice Beach and didn't think that somewhere in those sands the chance meeting between Jim and Ray took place.

RIP, Man! RIP
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Ray Manzarek of the Doors passes away.   Ray Manzarek of the Doors passes away. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2021 2:00 am

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Ray Manzarek of the Doors passes away.   Ray Manzarek of the Doors passes away. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2021 2:08 am

Manzarek was a keyboard genius. I’m not a big fan of keyboards as a featured instrument, but I really like and respect his music.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ray Manzarek of the Doors passes away.   Ray Manzarek of the Doors passes away. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ray Manzarek of the Doors passes away.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2