Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tony Iommi can win the Eurovision song contest!

Go down 
+4
Lari
Fat Freddy
Boris2008
kmorg
8 posters
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Tony Iommi can win the Eurovision song contest! Empty
PostSubject: Tony Iommi can win the Eurovision song contest!   Tony Iommi can win the Eurovision song contest! Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 3:58 pm

Well, probably not. But he did write the contribution from Armenia this year, a song called Lonely Planet:

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Tony Iommi can win the Eurovision song contest!   Tony Iommi can win the Eurovision song contest! Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 4:16 pm

It's got a better chance of winning than the U.K entry. We could stick Adele, backed up by Mumford & Sons in there and it would still come third last because the rest of Europe hates us! Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Tony Iommi can win the Eurovision song contest!   Tony Iommi can win the Eurovision song contest! Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 2:57 pm

And still you choose Bonnie Tyler!

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Tony Iommi can win the Eurovision song contest!   Tony Iommi can win the Eurovision song contest! Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 3:01 pm

Yeah, there really is no excuse for that. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Tony Iommi can win the Eurovision song contest!   Tony Iommi can win the Eurovision song contest! Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 3:04 pm

So.. from the above, I'm gathering that Europeans take the Eurovision Song Contest about as seriously as we Americans take the crowning of the next "American Idol?"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Tony Iommi can win the Eurovision song contest!   Tony Iommi can win the Eurovision song contest! Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 3:05 pm

Yeah, you just don't know when to turn around, do you. It's like a national total eclipse!

lol!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Tony Iommi can win the Eurovision song contest!   Tony Iommi can win the Eurovision song contest! Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 3:06 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
So.. from the above, I'm gathering that Europeans take the Eurovision Song Contest about as seriously as we Americans take the crowning of the next "American Idol?"

Pretty much, but Eurovision is a big thing. You either love it or hate it.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Tony Iommi can win the Eurovision song contest!   Tony Iommi can win the Eurovision song contest! Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 3:21 pm

kmorg wrote:
Yeah, you just don't know when to turn around, do you. It's like a national total eclipse!

lol!

It's fair to say that we're holding out for a hero! Laughing very hard

You guys should definitely enter Mayhem!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Tony Iommi can win the Eurovision song contest!   Tony Iommi can win the Eurovision song contest! Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 4:22 pm

Song was okay, until the end where there's that awful modulation in the repeat chorus. Doesn't help that the singer sounds like a whiney p*ssy.

Having said that, it's still probably better than 90% of the other lifeless poor-excuse-for-music that dulls your brain they have at that show / song contest.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Tony Iommi can win the Eurovision song contest!   Tony Iommi can win the Eurovision song contest! Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 5:06 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

We take that seriously?
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Tony Iommi can win the Eurovision song contest!   Tony Iommi can win the Eurovision song contest! Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 4:26 pm

The Iommi song was performed better on the night, the singer was a bit ballsier.

It doesn't have a hope of winning though as it's vaguely heterosexual! Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Tony Iommi can win the Eurovision song contest!   Tony Iommi can win the Eurovision song contest! Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 5:20 pm

headbanger
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Tony Iommi can win the Eurovision song contest!   Tony Iommi can win the Eurovision song contest! Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 9:17 pm

Lari wrote:
Song was okay, until the end where there's that awful modulation in the repeat chorus. Doesn't help that the singer sounds like a whiney p*ssy.

My sister has an album by this band and all the songs sound just like you described it. I told her I wanted to reach instead the stereo and strangle the guy for his singing.......that Greek song was badass though.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Tony Iommi can win the Eurovision song contest!   Tony Iommi can win the Eurovision song contest! Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 9:21 pm

Seriously... the best performance was Cezar's (from Romania).

Cezar takes King Diamond's vocals to new heights and amps just about everything cringe-worthy to a new level. Watching Cezar sing ... you know it is going to scare the living crap out of you but you cannot stop watching ...

And that costume with the chick under his dress...

I don't know whether there are enough or really any appropriate words by which to describe that performance ... new adjectives and words would need to be invented hence why he probably didn't win ... it was a full assault ... a blitzkreig on the senses
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Tony Iommi can win the Eurovision song contest!   Tony Iommi can win the Eurovision song contest! Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 6:15 am

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:

Cezar takes King Diamond's vocals to new heights and amps just about everything cringe-worthy to a new level. Watching Cezar sing ... you know it is going to scare the living crap out of you but you cannot stop watching ...

And that costume with the chick under his dress...

I don't know whether there are enough or really any appropriate words by which to describe that performance ... new adjectives and words would need to be invented hence why he probably didn't win ... it was a full assault ... a blitzkreig on the senses

I hated the dubstep backgroundin that song.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Tony Iommi can win the Eurovision song contest!   Tony Iommi can win the Eurovision song contest! Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 6:18 am

Boris2008 wrote:
kmorg wrote:

lol!

It's fair to say that we're holding out for a hero! Laughing very hard

We've had both Susperia and Keep of Kalessin in the domestic finals. But the majority of the metalheads would not be caught dead watching that show, much less spend money voting, so they never have a chance of winning and enter the international final.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Tony Iommi can win the Eurovision song contest!   Tony Iommi can win the Eurovision song contest! Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 6:36 am

kmorg wrote:

We've had both Susperia and Keep of Kalessin in the domestic finals. But the majority of the metalheads would not be caught dead watching that show, much less spend money voting, so they never have a chance of winning and enter the international final.

Wow! Who knew that Norwegian Black Metal fans could be so grouchy! tr00

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Rami Airola
Metal student
Metal student
Rami Airola

Number of posts : 175

PostSubject: Re: Tony Iommi can win the Eurovision song contest!   Tony Iommi can win the Eurovision song contest! Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 12:45 pm

That Iommi song was terribly boring. It might've even been the song I liked the least of all of the songs in the contest. There was nothing memorable in it. Absolutely nothing.

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:

Yeah, Cezar was great!
That performance held me glued to the television like a magnet.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tony Iommi can win the Eurovision song contest!   Tony Iommi can win the Eurovision song contest! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tony Iommi can win the Eurovision song contest!
Page 1 of 1