Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tony Iommi - Fused

Go down 
+4
MetalGuy71
Shawn Of Fire
manny
MEGATRON
8 posters
AuthorMessage
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

Tony Iommi - Fused Empty
PostSubject: Tony Iommi - Fused   Tony Iommi - Fused Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 6:34 am

Opinions on this album?

I love every song on it. I think it's every bit as good as the "classic" Sabbath albums and much better than the other two albums he collaborated with Glenn on (which are both excellent albums). Iommi should have released it under the Black Sabbath banner. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Tony Iommi - Fused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Iommi - Fused   Tony Iommi - Fused Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 8:49 am

It is my list to grab, but IMO he should have called 'Fused' and 'The Dep Sessions' Black Sabbath, but then I thought the Heaven and Hell reunion should have been named Black Sabbath.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Tony Iommi - Fused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Iommi - Fused   Tony Iommi - Fused Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 9:16 am

It's badass for sure...

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Tony Iommi - Fused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Iommi - Fused   Tony Iommi - Fused Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 9:21 am

I haven't had it long enough to say that's it's really grabbed me. It's good though. I don't dislike it.

I'm more partial to the first Iommi disc with all the different vocalists.

Tony Iommi - Fused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Iommi - Fused   Tony Iommi - Fused Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 11:23 am

I prefer the material on The Dep Sessions and Seventh Star, but Fused is a good album.
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Tony Iommi - Fused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Iommi - Fused   Tony Iommi - Fused Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 9:45 pm

Back to top Go down

Tony Iommi - Fused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Iommi - Fused   Tony Iommi - Fused Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 9:52 pm

MEGATRON wrote:

That song should have made the album. here's the other bonus tracks...

Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Tony Iommi - Fused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Iommi - Fused   Tony Iommi - Fused Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 10:19 pm

Yeah, the bonus tracks are excellent. Not sure why they weren't included on the album. Tony mentioned in an interview a few years back that there were over 15 songs recorded, so hopefully they see a release at some point.

Last edited by MEGATRON on Thu May 03, 2012 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Tony Iommi - Fused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Iommi - Fused   Tony Iommi - Fused Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 10:23 pm

I love this album. Played it more times than I can count.
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

Tony Iommi - Fused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Iommi - Fused   Tony Iommi - Fused Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 6:26 pm

A great album! All killer, no filler. I've played it a lot in the last five or six years.

Speaking of Fused and Glenn Hughes, has anyone read his autobiography? Do you recommend it?
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7631

Tony Iommi - Fused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Iommi - Fused   Tony Iommi - Fused Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 12:38 am

I can't stand Glenn Hughes so this is not for me.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Tony Iommi - Fused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Iommi - Fused   Tony Iommi - Fused Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 1:11 am

MEGATRON wrote:
Tony mentioned in an interview a few years back that there were over 15 songs recorded, so hopefully they see a release at some point.

Well, this is one hell of a coincidence. A few hours after posting that, this is announced:

Quote :
Now, the super-duo is planning to release a full WhoCares album that will include quite a few lost gems that fans will likely be lining up to sink their teeth into. In addition to the two original Who Cares tracks, the disc will include a Deep Purple studio jam curiously dubbed ‘Dick Pimple,’ an unreleased song from Repo Depo, the band Ian Gillan formed before Deep Purple reunited, two unreleased Tony Iommi songs with Glenn Hughes, some self-described “obscure collaborations” in addition to some lost b-sides and exclusive live radio cuts.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/tony-iommi-and-ian-gillan-set-to-release-new-whocares-disc/

EDIT: The Iommi/Hughes tracks are the tracks posted above. Bummer!

Last edited by MEGATRON on Thu May 10, 2012 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Tony Iommi - Fused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Iommi - Fused   Tony Iommi - Fused Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 5:14 am

Big fan of toni iommi.

will pick this one up for sure.

How's tony by the way?
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Tony Iommi - Fused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Iommi - Fused   Tony Iommi - Fused Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 5:52 am

Gilbert wrote:
Big fan of toni iommi.

will pick this one up for sure.

How's tony by the way?

Black Sabbath are playing a show on the 17th of this month, so presumably he's doing okay. This is his most recent update:

Quote :
27th March 2012

Hiya,

A little update on how it's all going:

Well, I've had the last dose of chemotherapy so hopefully my body will start to get back to normal soon, the steroids were the worse. I've now got three weeks of radiotherapy coming up which I'm told can be very tiring so we'll see.

A big thanks to Ozzy and Geezer for coming over to England, it was a big incentive for me, we managed to work most days and have some great new tracks.

And, importantly thanks again for your kind messages, hope to be seeing you soon.

- Tony
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tony Iommi - Fused Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Iommi - Fused   Tony Iommi - Fused Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tony Iommi - Fused
Page 1 of 1