Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

You always remember your first

Go down 
+28
candlemass
DallasBlack
Wargod
kmorg
journeyman
ghost
Hamer12
7thSecond
TheGooch
thejokeriv
the sentinel
spiritoradio
caniplaywithmadness?
SAHB Healer
krokus
INVADERS
sovdat
Thrasher73
GrandNational
MetalGuy71
mc666
Invader
Temple of Blood
Chairman_Smith
Fat Freddy
T-Roy
scottmitchell74
ultmetal
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
criss3o
Metal student
Metal student
criss3o

Number of posts : 176

you always remember - You always remember your first - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: You always remember your first   you always remember - You always remember your first - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 2:07 am

There's a long story but I won't tell it (Unless you beg me! HAHA!)

Mott The Hoople - All the Way to Memphis

I was 7 or 8!
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: You always remember your first   you always remember - You always remember your first - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 2:32 am

Wargod48 wrote:
Well back in the day or the early 70's is considered hard rock and for me it was Rush, BOC, Trapeze, Budgie, White Witch, Starz, Scorpions, Montrose, Blue Cheer, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Uriah Heep, Black Sabbath, Steppenwolf oh yeah the pusher man!

Wargod48

He mentioned White Witch again! Second time this week. And from the context he obviously does mean the Capricorn records version! humble
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: You always remember your first   you always remember - You always remember your first - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 3:01 am

Well my parents listened to Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Uriah Heep, Yes, David Bowie, Alice Cooper, Janis Joplin, Rolling Stones, Beatles. So if that isn't the best introduction to rock n' roll i don't know what is. But as with all kids I wasn't enamoured with my parents music much although Alice Cooper was a bit of favourite of mine. So I liked general rock like The Offspring, Green Day from the late 90's because I used to listen to rock radio and that was the stuff that was in highest rotation. I eventually started listening to Guns N' Roses and Metallica through the popular songs of theirs. But the band that kicked it off for me and made me dig deep was Motley Crue, I thought they were great and I started getting into the hollywood glam metal scene they came from so i got into Ratt, Dokken, Poison, Warrant etc. Then got into heavier 80's stuff like Queensryche, Metal Church, Iron Maiden etc. And ironically I came round to my parents music.
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: You always remember your first   you always remember - You always remember your first - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 3:17 am

"Metal" band would have to be slayer.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: You always remember your first   you always remember - You always remember your first - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 7:46 am

I got into Rock in the late eighties with bands like Ratt, Skid Row and Winger. Then in 1990 i discovered Thrash bands like Metallica, Testament, Megadeth and ST. I've been hooked ever since!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You always remember your first   you always remember - You always remember your first - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You always remember your first
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3