Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alice Cooper covers Lady Gaga

Go down 
+6
SpectreFate
A Handful of Wayne
tohostudios
Boris2008
MetalGuy71
Hadley
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

Alice Cooper covers Lady Gaga Empty
PostSubject: Alice Cooper covers Lady Gaga   Alice Cooper covers Lady Gaga Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 12:52 pm

And its,,not bad:

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper covers Lady Gaga   Alice Cooper covers Lady Gaga Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 3:30 pm

If you're like me, you have no idea what the Lady Gaga version sounds like for comparrision. Doing the appropriate searching, trust me when I say the Alice version is much better. Wink

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper covers Lady Gaga   Alice Cooper covers Lady Gaga Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 6:13 pm

Wow! That was truly awful! affraid

And I like the Gaga song.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper covers Lady Gaga   Alice Cooper covers Lady Gaga Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 6:25 pm

Underride did a Gaga cover a couple years ago too and I really dig it.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper covers Lady Gaga   Alice Cooper covers Lady Gaga Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 8:04 pm

Lizzy Borden did a Lady Gaga song too. I think they did Edge of Glory or whatever that song is called. Only reason I know her crappy songs is cause we are forced to listen to it at work.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper covers Lady Gaga   Alice Cooper covers Lady Gaga Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 8:20 pm

I wish crappy bands would stop doing her songs. It just gives you guys an excuse! Laughing very hard

You're not really her target audience. Wink
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper covers Lady Gaga   Alice Cooper covers Lady Gaga Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 8:25 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
I wish crappy bands would stop doing her songs. It just gives you guys an excuse! Alice Cooper covers Lady Gaga 201269

You're not really her target audience. Wink
I beg to differ. I youtubed the original version of "Paparazzi" and I was impressed with the way Underride took a pop song and made it their own.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper covers Lady Gaga   Alice Cooper covers Lady Gaga Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 8:26 pm

Alice Cooper and Lizzy Borden, crappy bands?

Metal master
Metal master

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper covers Lady Gaga   Alice Cooper covers Lady Gaga Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 9:24 pm

Alice is actually a big fan of current pop like Lady Gaga, Kesha, and Katy Perry.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper covers Lady Gaga   Alice Cooper covers Lady Gaga Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 9:29 pm

They do nothing for me. (well, not since the seventies stuff in Cooper's case)

My point is that you were talking about Gaga's 'crappy' songs, I don't think that they are crappy, I think that they are really, really good pop songs. My guess is that you don't like pop music much so it's understandable that you don't like them, but threads like this on a metal forum just turn into an excuse to slag off a performer who is really not trying to impress you in the slightest.

Gaga whether you like her or not is a talented woman Singer, Songwriter, Musician (she plays piano really well) and producer not too bad for someone her age really.

Metal fans get upset when non metal fans hear a metal song and just say blah, blah, just noise, load of old rubbish etc....But you guys do the same thing with music that you don't like without even trying to separate the good for the lousy, it's not to your taste, so it's crappy!

As for Alice being a fan, maybe he is but I kind of dislike the way he's changed the meaning of the song (a definite de-gaying going on there! lame )
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper covers Lady Gaga   Alice Cooper covers Lady Gaga Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 9:46 pm

Lady Gaga is crap and I listen to a ton of Non Metal bands, so I'm not saying shes crap cause shes not metal. Her songs are Madonna rip offs and they aren't even half as good.

Maybe your in the wrong place if you like Lady Gaga so much you get bent out of shape because someone says shes crap.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper covers Lady Gaga   Alice Cooper covers Lady Gaga Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 9:50 pm

Lady Gaga's "Born This Way" is a total ripoff of Madonna's "Express Yourself". Gaga calls it a "homage". Mmm-hmm. Defending that song as good is just silly.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper covers Lady Gaga   Alice Cooper covers Lady Gaga Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 9:54 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Lady Gaga's "Born This Way" is a total ripoff of Madonna's "Express Yourself". Gaga calls it a "homage". Mmm-hmm. Defending that song as good is just silly.

exactly

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper covers Lady Gaga   Alice Cooper covers Lady Gaga Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 10:05 pm

That's one song, I don't particularly care for it myself, you were not attacking one song but everything she does.

How many metal songs that a lot of people on here love are ahem 'homage' of other songs? But that's okay because they are metal headbanger and therefore have credibility. Wink
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper covers Lady Gaga   Alice Cooper covers Lady Gaga Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 10:07 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Lady Gaga is crap and I listen to a ton of Non Metal bands, so I'm not saying shes crap cause shes not metal. Her songs are Madonna rip offs and they aren't even half as good.

Maybe your in the wrong place if you like Lady Gaga so much you get bent out of shape because someone says shes crap.

I'm on here because I love metal among other things. Who the hell are you to tell me where I should or should not be?
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper covers Lady Gaga   Alice Cooper covers Lady Gaga Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 10:57 pm

Boris2008 wrote:

I'm on here because I love metal among other things. Who the hell are you to tell me where I should or should not be?

butt dance

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper covers Lady Gaga   Alice Cooper covers Lady Gaga Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 10:59 pm

Indulging in a little naked Gaga dancing I see! lol!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper covers Lady Gaga   Alice Cooper covers Lady Gaga Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 11:02 pm

I actually don't really know Lady Gaga's music very well, but I do like the few tunes I have heard, I think she knows how to write a good hook.

I am huge Alice fan, and I think this cover he did was meant to be fun.

Alice btw has continued to release strong albums through out his entire career not just the 70's!!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper covers Lady Gaga   Alice Cooper covers Lady Gaga Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 11:15 pm

manny wrote:

Alice btw has continued to release strong albums through out his entire career not just the 70's!!

I only said that the later stuff did nothing for me, a lot of mainstream 80's metal did nothing for me and I haven't really heard his more recent stuff (yes I did use the words crappy bands, but I think that I've explained my sarcasm)

Alice Cooper does seem like a really nice guy though.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper covers Lady Gaga   Alice Cooper covers Lady Gaga Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 1:17 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
manny wrote:

I only said that the later stuff did nothing for me, a lot of mainstream 80's metal did nothing for me and I haven't really heard his more recent stuff (yes I did use the words crappy bands, but I think that I've explained my sarcasm)

If you are talking about 'Trash', no that is best work, but other albums from his new wavish 'Special Forces' to 1987's Raise Your Fist and Yell' to 'The Last Temptation' are all great albums
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper covers Lady Gaga   Alice Cooper covers Lady Gaga Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 6:08 pm

manny wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
manny wrote:

If you are talking about 'Trash', no that is best work, but other albums from his new wavish 'Special Forces' to 1987's Raise Your Fist and Yell' to 'The Last Temptation' are all great albums

Even his last album "Welcome 2 My Nightmare" was pretty good. It had a mix of all his styles throughout his career and even ventured into somewhat new territory.

Forget it Manny, you won't convince him. He can't help he was Born that way.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper covers Lady Gaga   Alice Cooper covers Lady Gaga Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 6:19 pm

Forget it Manny, you won't convince him. He can't help he was Born that way.

See what you did there! Very clever. Alice Cooper covers Lady Gaga 25679

Manny, maybe I should check out more recent Alice as I did like the Seventies stuff but the only record that entered my consciousness was indeed Trash and i really didn't like it, I never picked up on him after that.

Last edited by Boris2008 on Tue May 07, 2013 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper covers Lady Gaga   Alice Cooper covers Lady Gaga Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 6:23 pm

This may sound weird, but I'm a fan of every one of Alice's albums...equally.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper covers Lady Gaga   Alice Cooper covers Lady Gaga Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 6:43 pm

Heck, the song "Disco Bloodbath Boogie Fever" even has a somewhat gaga-esque techno-pop feel:

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper covers Lady Gaga   Alice Cooper covers Lady Gaga Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 6:53 pm

That has to be the most bizarre songs I've ever heard from a rock act. It manages to go from trashy Euro dance to NoFx pretty seamlessly and none of it sounds like Alice Cooper as I know him! insane
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper covers Lady Gaga   Alice Cooper covers Lady Gaga Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alice Cooper covers Lady Gaga
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next