Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Finally, the entire UDO collection is mine

Go down 
+7
DallasBlack
Shawn Of Fire
krokus
80s Metal Lady
martinsane
Gilbert
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9878

Finally, the entire UDO collection is mine Empty
PostSubject: Finally, the entire UDO collection is mine   Finally, the entire UDO collection is mine Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 12:52 pm

Well, it took me over ten years, and numerous trips to europe, to finally complete my UDO collection.

Well, i'm a huge UDO fan.

Still need to see them live headbanger
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Finally, the entire UDO collection is mine   Finally, the entire UDO collection is mine Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 6:33 pm

Nice!

Have you collected his brother?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Finally, the entire UDO collection is mine   Finally, the entire UDO collection is mine Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 7:26 am

Not yet,

Vanize albums are tough to find
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Finally, the entire UDO collection is mine   Finally, the entire UDO collection is mine Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 9:55 am

How many records do they have? Would you post a photo of your collection? I just have Animal House on cassette.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Finally, the entire UDO collection is mine   Finally, the entire UDO collection is mine Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 2:28 pm

Great for you bro. that finaly you have everything. I have them all too only the last live album (LIVE SOFIA, BULGARIA) and the last two studio albums i didnt buy them yet, but i will, and of course his new album.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Finally, the entire UDO collection is mine   Finally, the entire UDO collection is mine Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 2:38 pm

80s Metal Lady wrote:
How many records do they have? Would you post a photo of your collection? I just have Animal House on cassette.

http://rateyourmusic.com/artist/u_d_o_

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Finally, the entire UDO collection is mine   Finally, the entire UDO collection is mine Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 4:20 am

I have:

Mission No. X
Thunderball
Holy
Celebrator
Dominator
Rev-Raptor
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39507

PostSubject: Re: Finally, the entire UDO collection is mine   Finally, the entire UDO collection is mine Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 8:26 am

I have a few gaps in my collection. I do have :

Animal House
Mean Machine
Faceless World
Timebomb
Holy
Thunderball
Mission No. X
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Finally, the entire UDO collection is mine   Finally, the entire UDO collection is mine Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 8:35 am

007 wrote:
I have a few gaps in my collection. I do have :

Animal House
Mean Machine
Faceless World
Timebomb
Holy
Thunderball
Mission No. X

You need to purchase man & machine, dominator and rev-raptor.

Lots of amazing tracks on these ones headbanger
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Finally, the entire UDO collection is mine   Finally, the entire UDO collection is mine Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 1:15 pm

I can't find the UDO topic about the new album, so I'll post this new video here:

Sounds good to me. Maybe good enough for kmorg and Witchfinder to like it? Wink
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: Finally, the entire UDO collection is mine   Finally, the entire UDO collection is mine Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 2:06 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
I can't find the UDO topic about the new album, so I'll post this new video here:

Sounds good to me. Maybe good enough for kmorg and Witchfinder to like it? Wink

I like it! Thankfully, they have ditched that sterile, mechanical guitar sound from the last couple of albums.

I think U.D.O. gets lost in the shuffle because of the band's amazing rate of production. They are prolific with new releases every year it seems. Maybe a year or two off would help them.

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: Finally, the entire UDO collection is mine   Finally, the entire UDO collection is mine Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 2:07 pm

Quote :
Maybe a year or two off would help them.

I don't think UDO himself would survive that downtime. He's always been active.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Finally, the entire UDO collection is mine   Finally, the entire UDO collection is mine Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 2:10 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :
Maybe a year or two off would help them.

I don't think UDO himself would survive that downtime. He's always been active.

You're probably right. The man is a road-hardened veteran, that's for sure. I still need to get Celebrator and Live In Sofia. It's easy to get behind on the U.D.O. releases!
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: Finally, the entire UDO collection is mine   Finally, the entire UDO collection is mine Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 2:11 pm

I sometimes wonder what will survive the longest....UDO, Lemmy, or cockroaches.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Finally, the entire UDO collection is mine   Finally, the entire UDO collection is mine Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 2:14 pm

I need to explore his catalog some more; the first I knew of his solo projects was Rev Raptor and I loved it (agree with guitar tones though). This song is even better, just simple, straightforward, bludgeoning heavy metal. Loads of respect and admiration for this man.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Finally, the entire UDO collection is mine   Finally, the entire UDO collection is mine Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 2:26 pm

corplhicks wrote:
I need to explore his catalog some more; the first I knew of his solo projects was Rev Raptor and I loved it (agree with guitar tones though). This song is even better, just simple, straightforward, bludgeoning heavy metal. Loads of respect and admiration for this man.

I would recommend these to start with:

Animal House
Timebomb
Holy

Timebomb is probably their best album, but they haven't released a bad one yet. They are consistently good on all of their releases.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Finally, the entire UDO collection is mine   Finally, the entire UDO collection is mine Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 2:52 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

I would recommend these to start with:

Animal House
Faceless World
Holy

Faceless World is probably their best album, but they haven't released a bad one yet. They are consistently good on all of their releases.

Fixed Razz Timebomb I always saw a bit directionless, while Faceless World, even being the most lightweight, gets stuck in your mind for ages. Trying to get faster they lost in memorability imo. Still far from being a bad album. Mr Dieth could do no wrong.

Anyway, first three albums contain pure Teutonic steele that must blow your speakers if you liked Rev-Raptor.

The new song does sound "alive", thx for that clip. Wonder how I missed it.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Finally, the entire UDO collection is mine   Finally, the entire UDO collection is mine Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 1:30 am

For whose who are not familiar with UDO, i'd recommend you listen to the song infected from the dominator album.

I got into accept and udo thanks to No Life Til Metal and instantly became a huge fan of the music.

UDO is pure metal.

All his albums are a must have.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally, the entire UDO collection is mine   Finally, the entire UDO collection is mine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finally, the entire UDO collection is mine
Page 1 of 1