Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Songs you misinterpreted?

Go down 
+2
kmorg
Hadley
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

Songs you misinterpreted? Empty
PostSubject: Songs you misinterpreted?   Songs you misinterpreted? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 6:22 pm

While i know interpretations can vary from person to person, have there ever been any songs you thought were about one thing but found out were about something else? I originally thought Megadeth's Killing is my Business was about some serial killer, found out it was actually about The Punisher.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Songs you misinterpreted?   Songs you misinterpreted? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 11:32 am

Can't say that has happened enough to ever notice it. Perhaps when we mistook Mass for a Christian band?

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Songs you misinterpreted?   Songs you misinterpreted? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 11:42 am

I always thought that Motley Crue's Girls, Girls, Girls was about the horror and futility of war. But apparently it's about girls! lol!
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Songs you misinterpreted?   Songs you misinterpreted? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 11:45 am

I wasn't sure what to make of this song, until one day I realized the lyrics were about me.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Songs you misinterpreted?   Songs you misinterpreted? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 11:49 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

I wasn't sure what to make of this song, until one day I realized the lyrics were about me.

Aggh, I've been blindly going through posts clicking videos to hear some new music and now this. NOT sexy, man. Wink

I was expecting Pantera and I got the one song I hated most in high school. sick
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Songs you misinterpreted?   Songs you misinterpreted? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 11:58 am

For the sake of staying on topic, I used to think Angel of Death was about, well, an actual Angel of Death from Hell's foundation or whatever. Perhaps this is a common misconception anyway, cause hey, who the hell pays attention to Slayer lyrics anyway? Songs you misinterpreted? 754598
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Songs you misinterpreted?   Songs you misinterpreted? Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 1:36 pm

My first taste of metal was Ozzy's Flying High Again and Krokus's Long Stick Goes Boom. I honestly thought at that young age they were songs about taking a plane ride and dynamite respectively. When Motley Crue's Ten Seconds To Love came along I started to realize there was a bit more to these songs that just their literal lyrics. Made me love the stuff even more.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Songs you misinterpreted?   Songs you misinterpreted? Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 2:55 pm

jstate wrote:
My first taste of metal was Ozzy's Flying High Again and Krokus's Long Stick Goes Boom. I honestly thought at that young age they were songs about taking a plane ride and dynamite respectively. When Motley Crue's Ten Seconds To Love came along I started to realize there was a bit more to these songs that just their literal lyrics. Made me love the stuff even more.

Same here on Flying High Again, AND Over the Mountains.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Songs you misinterpreted?   Songs you misinterpreted? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Songs you misinterpreted?
Page 1 of 1