Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gamma Ray - Master of Confusion

Go down 
+12
Red Kitty
ZombieHavoc
Fat Freddy
Dark Horseman
Lari
iamrockerfun
exact33
mc666
Wargod
A Handful of Wayne
kmorg
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Gamma Ray - Master of Confusion Empty
PostSubject: Gamma Ray - Master of Confusion   Gamma Ray - Master of Confusion Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 12:56 pm

So, did anyone pick up this EP yet?

I'm loving the new songs!

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Master of Confusion   Gamma Ray - Master of Confusion Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 10:40 pm

Yea I got it. Empires of the Undead is great but the Master Of Confusion song is kind of stupid, at least as far as the lyrics go. The 2 cover songs are pretty good and the live stuff was pointless since it was already on the live album. I don't get that part.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Master of Confusion   Gamma Ray - Master of Confusion Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 10:42 pm

I like it but then again I like anything Gamma Ray!

Metalwargod
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Master of Confusion   Gamma Ray - Master of Confusion Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 1:06 am

Empires of the Undead gives me hope for their next full length!

exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Master of Confusion   Gamma Ray - Master of Confusion Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 3:55 pm

i still need to get this but it will be on my next amazon order.

iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Master of Confusion   Gamma Ray - Master of Confusion Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 5:34 pm

me too, very heavy very power very LA.
mix of everything i like it.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Master of Confusion   Gamma Ray - Master of Confusion Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 7:01 pm

I never got this. I was expecting a new album by now. Now I'm kind of regretting not buying it. I could have enjoyed having Master of Confusion for all this time and letting it sink in.

Is it still worth it to get it? I'm not super obsessed by collecting everything the Rays release, and I'm guessing the new album is not that far away, even less so now that it's been four months. Though I still haven't heard anything official.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Master of Confusion   Gamma Ray - Master of Confusion Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 11:48 pm

Listened to the new songs, one very good and one average but i'm hopeful the new album will be very good.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Master of Confusion   Gamma Ray - Master of Confusion Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 3:08 am

If you don't need to own everything by them, then I'm not sure this is essential. Still a cool EP though.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Master of Confusion   Gamma Ray - Master of Confusion Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 9:49 am

It's on my ever growing want list.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Master of Confusion   Gamma Ray - Master of Confusion Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 10:23 am

I love me some Gamma Ray but I am now several releases behind on them... the last one of theirs I bought was Majestic, which was what? Six years ago? Seven? ... I will never get caught up!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Master of Confusion   Gamma Ray - Master of Confusion Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 11:47 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I love me some Gamma Ray but I am now several releases behind on them... the last one of theirs I bought was Majestic, which was what?  Six years ago? Seven? ... I will never get caught up!!
you have not missed much to be honest.

ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Master of Confusion   Gamma Ray - Master of Confusion Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 12:02 pm

I'm not huge into GR, but I did listen to this a bit when it first came out, on Spotify. I really liked the first track quite a bit.

Powery metal, current or traditional, is just so not my thing any more, on most days. However, when I get in the mood, a good power metal tune is all I want to hear. And the first track here fits that bill for sure.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Master of Confusion   Gamma Ray - Master of Confusion Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 12:27 pm

Everyone bagged on To the Metal but I like it. Maybe I had low expectations.
Back to top Go down
Red Kitty
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Master of Confusion   Gamma Ray - Master of Confusion Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 1:44 pm

exact33 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
I love me some Gamma Ray but I am now several releases behind on them... the last one of theirs I bought was Majestic, which was what?  Six years ago? Seven? ... I will never get caught up!!
I agree.  IMO, Majestic was their last really good one.  Land of the Free II was pretty good, but To the Metal?  Not so much.

Just read this on the Gamma Ray Wikipedia page:  Kai Hansen revealed, in an interview with Metal Blast in April 2013 that their upcoming album, Empire of the Undead, to be released in 2014, would have a "more thrashy" sound. In the same interview, Dirk Schlächter announced that the band would do a headlining tour following its release, in March or April 2014.

Kinda excited about this one....
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Master of Confusion   Gamma Ray - Master of Confusion Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 5:46 pm

exact33 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Disagree. Land of the Free II is an awesome record. Some of their most memorable material. "To The Metal" is lacking though, and it's short.

Majestic was a great one too. Nice sound, enough variety and a cool vibe all throughout.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Master of Confusion   Gamma Ray - Master of Confusion Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 5:59 pm

Never got in to these guys - but I am a Helloween fan and have read up on them at No Life Till Metal and Wikepedia. They sound like they would be right up my alley. Gonna check some of their songs off of Youtube.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Master of Confusion   Gamma Ray - Master of Confusion Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 6:03 pm

Land of the Free to start and I really like insanity and genius with Scheepers on vox.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Master of Confusion   Gamma Ray - Master of Confusion Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 6:20 pm

Not Scheepers. Go straight for Kai. Land of the Free, Somewhere Out in Space, Power Plant, Majestic, Land of the Free II are all 10/10 albums. Heavy metal classics.

No World Order isn't far from it either. Just an incredibly powerful and consistent band. But I think the best record to start with, and the one every metal fan should own, is Land of the Free. The first with Kai singing, and it has a lot of their best and most beloved songs in it. That was when they stepped it up a notch.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Master of Confusion   Gamma Ray - Master of Confusion Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 6:24 pm

Thelemech wrote:
Never got in to these guys - but I am a Helloween fan

scratch 

Blast From The Past
Land Of The Free
Powerplant
Somewhere Out In Space
Majestic
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Master of Confusion   Gamma Ray - Master of Confusion Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 6:26 pm

I love Scheepers voice but all those are great.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Master of Confusion   Gamma Ray - Master of Confusion Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 6:31 pm

If you check out the 'Lust for Live' stuff which was recorded on their tour with Rage, Conception, and Helicon, you can hear the Scheepers stuff come out FAR better than on the records, he sounds better, the band sounds killer..... so it definitely wasn't all his fault..the mix on his voice is weird on those three records, and sometimes the band suffers from Judas Priest syndrome.... playing the studio tracks way slower than they're meant to be heard. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Master of Confusion   Gamma Ray - Master of Confusion Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 6:44 pm

Thanks for all the recommendations guys! Much appreciated cheers 
Just Listening to Lust For Life from the Blast From The Past compilation. crazy happy 
It is great. Going to look for Land Of The Free (the album) next!
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Master of Confusion   Gamma Ray - Master of Confusion Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 6:54 pm

Land Of The Free sounds like classic Helloween! Gamma Ray are quite great I would say!
My local CD shop has about 3 to 5 Gamma Ray albums - one I know is Land Of The Free - I will be picking that one up tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Master of Confusion   Gamma Ray - Master of Confusion Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 11:27 am

That's a cool store if they have that many Gamma Ray albums. I'm lucky if the store around here has one by them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gamma Ray - Master of Confusion   Gamma Ray - Master of Confusion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gamma Ray - Master of Confusion
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next