Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dark Tranquility

Go down 
+2
kmorg
bgast1
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

Dark Tranquility Empty
PostSubject: Dark Tranquility   Dark Tranquility Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 11:52 pm

Are they good?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Dark Tranquility Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Tranquility   Dark Tranquility Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 12:00 pm

If you like melodic death metal, aka the Gothenburg sound, then YES. Very Happy

Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Dark Tranquility Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Tranquility   Dark Tranquility Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 12:45 pm

Hey Kurt, since you are such a fan of In Flames, why don't I see Dark Tranquillity on your web site? (I've since posting my original post had done some research on them)
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

Dark Tranquility Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Tranquility   Dark Tranquility Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 1:54 pm

They used to be good. I stopped paying attention after The Minds I album.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Dark Tranquility Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Tranquility   Dark Tranquility Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 2:06 pm

bgast1 wrote:
Hey Kurt, since you are such a fan of In Flames, why don't I see Dark Tranquillity on your web site? (I've since posting my original post had done some research on them)

It's just one of those too-many-CD's-too-little-money mind of things. I've seen them live, and I've heard a couple of their albums, which I thought were really cool. But now I'm sort of burnt out on the whole scene, and DT CD's are no longer a priority.

Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Dark Tranquility Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Tranquility   Dark Tranquility Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 2:22 pm

kmorg wrote:
bgast1 wrote:

It's just one of those too-many-CD's-too-little-money mind of things. I've seen them live, and I've heard a couple of their albums, which I thought were really cool. But now I'm sort of burnt out on the whole scene, and DT CD's are no longer a priority.

The whole metal scene or just the Gothenburg scene? It seems In Flames has really gone downhill from their earlier stuff. But I still like them.
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

Dark Tranquility Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Tranquility   Dark Tranquility Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 2:32 pm

I have the album "Character". Fantastic!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Dark Tranquility Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Tranquility   Dark Tranquility Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 2:50 pm

Lurideath wrote:
They used to be good. I stopped paying attention after The Minds I album.

I think they're still great. The last two albums are a lot more melodic, but still very well executed. This band is easily in my top 10 favorite bands of all time.
Back to top Go down

Dark Tranquility Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Tranquility   Dark Tranquility Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 3:04 pm

They're more consistent then In Flames. My favorite album is Haven which seems more thrashy then other stuff. I really like the song, The Wonders At Your Feet. This is a sound that I get tired of if I listen to it too much.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Dark Tranquility Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Tranquility   Dark Tranquility Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 11:36 am

bgast1 wrote:
kmorg wrote:
bgast1 wrote:

The whole metal scene or just the Gothenburg scene? It seems In Flames has really gone downhill from their earlier stuff. But I still like them.

The Gothenburg scene. I still like In Flames too. But I haven't has any desire to check out all the new bands that popped up during that early new milllenium craze. I like In Flames, Gardenian and a few others.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

Dark Tranquility Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Tranquility   Dark Tranquility Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 11:44 am

they have some good stuff, they have a new album coming out soon I believe.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Sponsored content

Dark Tranquility Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Tranquility   Dark Tranquility Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Tranquility
Page 1 of 1