Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band

Go down 
+19
Troublezone
BearOnUnicycle
Dave the Boss
Sutekh
Addy
James B.
bassman
kmorg
Orion Crystal Ice
mikeinfla
Temple of Blood
Infinite
Dark Horseman
Shawn Of Fire
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
kethdredd
SpectreFate
deathisgain
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band   Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 4:07 pm

Jesus is gonna love this!
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band   Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 5:07 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Jesus is gonna love this!

Laughing very hard

That new song SW posted a while back is a lot better imo. This sounds kinda boring.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band   Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 5:55 am

Some parts of this song are great, other I find so-so. Overall gotta agree with the above posts, SW tune is more interesting to my ears.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band   Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 8:26 am

mikeinfla wrote:
Addy check this out for a sample of classic Recon

Nooooooo you cant make me check this out I Wont do it.... lol just kidding it sounded alright I did have problems with the drumming it sounded a bit weak to my ears.
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band   Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 9:02 am

Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band - Page 2 7POrDre

Worldview's debut album to be released on May 22nd in Europe and on May 26th in North America through M24 Music Group.

http://worldviewmetal.com/

Rey Parra – Lead Vocals
George Rene Ochoa – Guitars, BGV, Keyboards
Todd Libby – Bass Guitar, Keyboards
Johnny Gonzales – Drums

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band   Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 9:09 am

Better late than never huh? Very Happy

The Euro release date for this CD happens to be my birthday, in case any of the European HOMies wanna hook me up. Just sayin'. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band   Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 5:47 pm

Finally. I was thinking this would turn into one of those rumors that didn't ever materialize.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band   Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 11:14 pm

The vocals remind me of mid-range Ripper Owens.
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band   Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2015 5:15 pm

I like what I'm hearing. I'll be purchasing this one for sure.
Back to top Go down
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

Number of posts : 285

PostSubject: Re: Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band   Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 11:09 am

Last week they posted this lyric video for the song "Mortality"
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathisgain.com
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band   Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 12:14 pm

Really liking that, his vocals sound great.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band   Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 9:50 pm

i liked what i heard and pre-ordered the album.

bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band   Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 8:17 am

So I kind of lost track of this album. This morning I remembered and purchased the digital from amazon.
I'm only 3 songs in......but loving it so far!!  headbanger

Anyone else got it yet?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band   Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 5:32 pm

bgsully wrote:
So I kind of lost track of this album. This morning I remembered and purchased the digital from amazon.
I'm only 3 songs in......but loving it so far!!  headbanger

Anyone else got it yet?

i got it and it is ok. Based on how long it took them i was expecting more.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band   Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 11:36 am

Addy wrote:
mikeinfla wrote:
Addy check this out for a sample of classic Recon

Nooooooo you cant make me check this out I Wont do it.... lol just kidding it sounded alright  I did have problems with the drumming it sounded a bit weak to my ears.

Alright? Weak? surprised Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band - Page 2 19976 angry

Absolutely LOVE the Behind Enemy Lines album. It's a heavy metal classic. I've never heard anyone who enjoys that style of metal say anything negative about it before.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band   Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2019 11:16 am

Bumpity bump...

Apparently Rey Parra is no longer the singer of Worldview. Their new vocalist is... Michael "Drive" Lee of Barren Cross fame.

They will play their first live gig w/Mike at the Whisky A Go-Go in Hollywood in October, opening for Stryper.

(from Mike Lee Facebook)
"FORTHCOMING ALBUM ANNOUNCEMENT:

Some of you may already know this, but I’m here now to make the announcement:
George Ochoa and myself have been very busy writing and recording together for over two years now. We are recording what is going to become a fantastic piece of art. This forthcoming album will be dynamic, melodic, heavy and an overall very high quality album, that I now view as my best work to date! We have contemplated what the name of this group shall be and have finally come to a mutual decision; to record and rebrand under the name Worldview! With our combined writing styles and inspirations, the raw music that has been birthed through this is so very good, I cannot wait for you to hear it; and the sound quality that we’re getting in the studio is amazing, too!
I realize that this has been a long time coming, and I appreciate your patience with me. I know that I’ve been laying low and keeping a low profile but that’s going to change (don’t tell anybody…) ;-)
Also, I cannot write this announcement without letting you in on the phenomenal line-up we have; the rhythm section already is superb – Terry (the Animal) Russell on drums and Todd Libby on bass guitar - excellent musicians in their own rights; they’ve been really great in the rehearsals. George Ochoa on main guitars & keys, who is more gifted and talented than ever, which is an understatement; and then of course myself on lead vocals and occasionally, guitar.
So… We are performing our very first show together, as the new “WORLDVIEW” - one month from tonight! Oct. 10, 2019 at the Whisky A Go Go in West Hollywood, CA, with Stryper also performing that evening. This is not a big place so it’s selling out quickly."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band   Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2019 12:31 pm

Wow! I love Barren Cross, and from the latest live recordings I've heard from Mike he still has a great voice. Looking forward to this!

I liked the first Worldview album, but Rey's voice has been quite different from the Sacred Warrior heyday for a while (that was really evident on the Sacred Warrior Live at Cornerstone album from 2001). He still sounds good, but I have a feeling Mike will bring some added punch to this band.

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band   Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2019 7:38 pm

Really interested in what this will sound like, hope it can live up to expectations.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band   Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2