Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band

Go down 
+19
Troublezone
BearOnUnicycle
Dave the Boss
Sutekh
Addy
James B.
bassman
kmorg
Orion Crystal Ice
mikeinfla
Temple of Blood
Infinite
Dark Horseman
Shawn Of Fire
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
kethdredd
SpectreFate
deathisgain
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

Number of posts : 285

Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band Empty
PostSubject: Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band   Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 7:52 am

For fans of Recon and Sacred Warrior, George Ochoa and Rey Parra have teamed up in a new band, Worldview. They are going to be live on "Beyond the Riff" Thursday the 28th taking calls. http://www.blogtalkradio.com/mikepope

For those who do the Facebook thing: https://www.facebook.com/worldviewmetal

Rey recently posted an explanation of why they are not going under the Recon name:
Quote :
Really getting excited about the release of Worldview. For those of you who don't quite understand why I am no longer with Warrior because of time constraints yet, I am doing an album with Recon members. First and foremost let me start out by saying that, Steve, Bruce, Tony and Joe are still and always will be my brothers. I have spent many years building what I call, A life long family of friends. There never was nor is there now any animosity between the guys and myself. We really wanted to release a new Warrior CD for you guys but, It was a long hard road, Me living in Florida and the guys in Chicago. In addition to the distance thing, there have been lots of health issues as well. The guys were ready to put this thing out for you guys but I was holding them back so, Bruce and I spoke and we both felt that it would be best for everyone if I stepped down. So I did and God has sent Eli Prinsen to the band, I want every one to accept him and respect him as a great vocalist. I know he loves Jesus and I know that he is a great addition to Warrior.
Now about the Worldview Project, This is the result of one brother having a wish for two friends, sort of his last wish. Rick Macias had told me for a long time that he wanted to do a CD with George, Rick and Rey, something different yet awesome. Well Rick never had the satisfaction of doing the disc with George and myself so, after Rick going off to be with Jesus, George and I decided to do this in Ricks memory.
This is not Warrior or Recon, it's completely different but it is very anointed and it rocks. That's why we did not pursue the Recon name for the project. I hope everyone who reads this post will tune in on Thursday and rejoice with us as we unveil the song, "Last Cry" on Beyond the Riff. Thank you to all my friends and family.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathisgain.com
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band   Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 8:42 am

deathisgain wrote:
For fans of Recon and Sacred Warrior, George Ochoa and Rey Parra have teamed up in a new band, Worldview. They are going to be live on "Beyond the Riff" Thursday the 28th taking calls. http://www.blogtalkradio.com/mikepope

For those who do the Facebook thing: https://www.facebook.com/worldviewmetal

Rey recently posted an explanation of why they are not going under the Recon name:
Quote :
Really getting excited about the release of Worldview. For those of you who don't quite understand why I am no longer with Warrior because of time constraints yet, I am doing an album with Recon members. First and foremost let me start out by saying that, Steve, Bruce, Tony and Joe are still and always will be my brothers. I have spent many years building what I call, A life long family of friends. There never was nor is there now any animosity between the guys and myself. We really wanted to release a new Warrior CD for you guys but, It was a long hard road, Me living in Florida and the guys in Chicago. In addition to the distance thing, there have been lots of health issues as well. The guys were ready to put this thing out for you guys but I was holding them back so, Bruce and I spoke and we both felt that it would be best for everyone if I stepped down. So I did and God has sent Eli Prinsen to the band, I want every one to accept him and respect him as a great vocalist. I know he loves Jesus and I know that he is a great addition to Warrior.
Now about the Worldview Project, This is the result of one brother having a wish for two friends, sort of his last wish. Rick Macias had told me for a long time that he wanted to do a CD with George, Rick and Rey, something different yet awesome. Well Rick never had the satisfaction of doing the disc with George and myself so, after Rick going off to be with Jesus, George and I decided to do this in Ricks memory.
This is not Warrior or Recon, it's completely different but it is very anointed and it rocks. That's why we did not pursue the Recon name for the project. I hope everyone who reads this post will tune in on Thursday and rejoice with us as we unveil the song, "Last Cry" on Beyond the Riff. Thank you to all my friends and family.

Are you doing art for them Robert?
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band   Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 10:40 am

Free download of a song here.

http://www.reverbnation.com/worldviewmetal
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band   Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 10:59 am

kethdredd wrote:

...not available till tomorrow (March 28th). Sad

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

PostSubject: Re: Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band   Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 12:46 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

Yes. I created the logo and the artwork that they have on their Facebook page. Right now I am working on ideas for the album.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band   Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 12:50 pm

deathisgain wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:

Yes. I created the logo and the artwork that they have on their Facebook page. Right now I am working on ideas for the album.

Woot! I love your work so I'm looking forward to seeing the finished cover.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band   Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 7:16 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
kethdredd wrote:

...not available till tomorrow (March 28th). Sad

Guess I will have to remember to check it tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

PostSubject: Re: Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band   Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 10:42 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
deathisgain wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:

Woot! I love your work so I'm looking forward to seeing the finished cover.

Thanks. George loved the first idea I came up with, and I was surprised with how it turned out myself.
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

PostSubject: Re: Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band   Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 4:01 pm

The single will be available on reverbnation on Sunday.

You can hear the track on the Beyond the Riff show here, fast forward all the way to the end.
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

PostSubject: Re: Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band   Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 5:24 pm

Ok, so the song is finally up. Sounds pretty good to me. What do you guys think?

Last edited by kethdredd on Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band   Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 6:21 pm

Good grief Rey Parra is awesome...good tune.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band   Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 6:41 pm

Excellent tune.
Back to top Go down
Infinite
Metal student
Metal student
Infinite

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band   Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 6:51 pm

Very cool. Now I'm thinking this SW split was probably a good thing.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band   Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 6:58 pm

Ooooh me likey!! headbanger

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band   Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 7:19 pm

Sounds good - I am sure I will check this one out when it is released
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band   Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 8:37 pm

Sounds like Rey's voice is still great. The song isn't really sticking to me though.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band   Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 7:32 am

It's good but I like the new SW better. Will have to hear more from both bands. This new World View tune sounds like SW (not a bad thing either)

Last edited by mikeinfla on Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band   Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 8:37 am

Cool!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band   Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 12:59 pm

I predict a killer album!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band   Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 8:05 pm

Rey sounds great! Looking forward to this......
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band   Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 9:26 pm

thanks for the link to the clip

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band   Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 6:13 am

Just saw this and checking out the free download, its not bad at all... I could get into that I think
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band   Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 9:28 pm

Rey freakin' Parra! cheers

looking forward to hearing more!
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band   Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 6:00 am

Me too, I liked a few songs by SW but I loved george's guitarmanship in the past D releases. Never really checked out Recon
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band   Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 3:58 pm

Addy check this out for a sample of classic Recon

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band   Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worldview - Rey Parra & George Ochoa New Band
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next