Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s

Go down 
+19
James B.
manny
Shawn Of Fire
nevermore
Wurthless
MoonChild
stepcousin
Invader
mr.electric39
journeyman
caniplaywithmadness?
Tall Tyrion
ghost
novellahub
criss3o
KissinMaiden
ultmetal
candlemass
spiritoradio
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permanent Waves (1980)
Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s Vote_lcap17%Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s Vote_rcap
 17% [ 6 ]
Moving Pictures (1981)
Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s Vote_lcap54%Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s Vote_rcap
 54% [ 19 ]
Exit...Stage Left [live] (1981)
Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s Vote_lcap0%Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Signals (1982)
Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s Vote_lcap14%Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s Vote_rcap
 14% [ 5 ]
Grace Under Pressure (1984)
Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s Vote_lcap3%Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Power Windows (1985)
Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s Vote_lcap9%Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s Vote_rcap
 9% [ 3 ]
Hold Your Fire (1987)
Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s Vote_lcap0%Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
A Show of Hands [live] (1989)
 0% [ 0 ]
Presto (1989)
Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s Vote_lcap3%Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 35

AuthorMessage
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s   Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 8:35 pm

Here is part II of III.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s   Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 8:55 pm

Moving Pictures, that tour came around on senior flick day, it was my 18th birthday......and I was too stoned to go!

Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s 2475296989
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s   Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 10:09 pm

Moving Pictures by a hair over Permanent Waves.

Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s   Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 10:33 pm

moving pictures the only rush album i've heard besides snakes & ladders.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s   Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 11:57 pm

It was hard for me to vote here because I just bought Grace Under Pressure, but I know that Moving Pictures is by far more of a classic disc. I've been listening to GUP non stop for a few days though so that is fresh in mind, so I voted for that album. What can you do though, right?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
criss3o
Metal student
Metal student
criss3o

Number of posts : 176

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s   Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 2:38 am

Permanent Waves

The perfect mix of Prog Rush (Farewell to Kings, Hemispheres) and the beginning of New Rush (Moving Pictures) it is truly the best of both worlds and to often over-looked!!!
Back to top Go down
novellahub
Metal student
Metal student
novellahub

Number of posts : 163

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s   Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 6:42 am

Power Windows for me. I am a big fan of the synth period of Rush.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rchobbyhub.com
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s   Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 8:52 am

Moving Pictures is it for me Smile
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s   Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 8:57 am

Signals
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s   Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 12:17 pm

moving pictures probably
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s   Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 9:52 pm

Moving Pictures. It was my first music purchase and it was a cassette from Montgomery Wards. I would say Signals is a close second.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s   Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 11:50 pm

has to be 'Moving Pictures'

the prog of 'The Camera Eye', and Regage influenced YYZ/Vital Signs... ok 'Tom Sawyer' is their HIT... but listen to those time changes, drum fills...... gotta love the eerieness of 'Witch Hunt' (played on the current tour!!, saw it done in '85)....

but again everydisc is classic.... what mood are you in????

I loved 'Countdown' on Signals..... how bout 'Mission'

saw 'em play 'Freewill' on this tour and they NAILED the breakdown... I me NAILED IT !!! man.....

This is too hard.... !!!

They band really give PW's it's due playing 4 tunes from it on this tour... gotta love 'Different Strings' but they actually play Entre Nous....

🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s   Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 12:08 pm

Moving Pictures
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s   Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 7:56 pm

Moving Pics beating out Perm Waves. I know the cool rock n roll thing to say is that after MP, Rush sucked after that but I disagree. Yes, they werent as good as far as songs go, and Alex virually was non-existent during the 80's but I think Neil's best work was in the 80's, his drumming carried them though the 80's. Then Alex's guitar showed up somewhere around Counterparts. They did kinda lose me after Power Windows, I think Hold Your Fire and Presto are their worst albums IMO.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s   Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 2:21 pm

I think Signals and Grace Under Pressure are great LP'S! Alex has some good work on those, just not as in your face like earlier LP'S.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s   Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 3:02 pm

stepcousin wrote:
I think Hold Your Fire and Presto are their worst albums IMO.

I was listening to Hold Your Fire nonstop when it was released. I loved it, so it is a classic one for me. Time Stand Still and Force Ten are still favorites of me.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s   Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 9:07 pm

ghost wrote:
stepcousin wrote:

I was listening to Hold Your Fire nonstop when it was released. I loved it, so it is a classic one for me. Time Stand Still and Force Ten are still favorites of me.

I dont hate it, infact I love the drum work on HYF and the songs arent bad at all, I like that album alot its just growing up to classic Rush and early 80's Rush, IMO HYF wouldve been a good time for them to say "we've done the 80's thing for a while, time to make an album more along the lines of what we did in 81-83 or so."
There isnt a Rush album that I dont enjoy.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s   Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 10:04 pm

stepcousin wrote:
ghost wrote:
stepcousin wrote:

I dont hate it, infact I love the drum work on HYF and the songs arent bad at all, I like that album alot its just growing up to classic Rush and early 80's Rush, IMO HYF wouldve been a good time for them to say "we've done the 80's thing for a while, time to make an album more along the lines of what we did in 81-83 or so."
There isnt a Rush album that I dont enjoy.

clearly 'Hold Your Fire' is a dark horse... When it first came out I thought 'rush is done.' It struck me as boring old fart rock.... sorry... I loved 'Power Windows' and everything else before that, but HYF.... WAS crap...
It took a while, but 'Open Secrets', 'Mission', 'turn the Page', 'Force Ten', 'Lock and Key'... are all great songs but over the years they have held up remarkably well.... by the way I don't think it's crap now !lol!
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s   Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 11:08 am

I like Hold Your Fire, haven't been able to get into Presto though.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s   Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 10:45 pm

candlemass wrote:
I like Hold Your Fire, haven't been able to get into Presto though.

When that album came out I thought 'ok more rock and less synth'... I saw that tour. There was some good stuff on that disc, 'Chain Lighting' and 'War Paint' I like a bit. Honestly I've not listened to 'Presto' in quite a long time. It's sort of a forgotten disc. Other than 'show don't tell', I realize the band thinks "The Pass' is one of their best ones.... I don't really know why myself, that tune sorta was just there. can't hit a home run every time.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s   Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 7:22 pm

I had those two mixed up, Presto I like, Hold Your Fire....eh?
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s   Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 5:15 pm

Permanent Waves
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s   Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 5:26 pm

it ain't from the 80s, but I couldn't find the 70s....
Fly By Night!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s   Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 7:06 am

I was listening to Grace Under Pressure on the way to work this morning. Loudly. Smile What a great album! But I still have to go with Signals over them all. It is a VERY well crafted album.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s   Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 8:41 am

spectrefate wrote:
I was listening to Grace Under Pressure on the way to work this morning. Loudly. Smile What a great album! But I still have to go with Signals over them all. It is a VERY well crafted album.

Really? Even over Moving Pictures?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s   Favorite Rush Album Part II '80s Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next