Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bands you dig in genres you normally dislike

Go down 
+27
BillRoxx
AchrisK
Wurthless
Required Fields
allthingsmetal
tohostudios
Eyesore
80s Metal Lady
Orion Crystal Ice
Witchfinder
Hadley
ultmetal
JBall_Z
Thrasher73
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
candlemass
Gilbert
Temple of Blood
metalhead777
exact33
jettafiend
jstate
Dark Horseman
Boris2008
kmorg
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

Bands you dig in genres you normally dislike - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bands you dig in genres you normally dislike   Bands you dig in genres you normally dislike - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 6:06 pm

Kreator (I don't usually like music with that vocal style, but I really like Pleasure To Kill and Terrible Certainty).

Not a country music fan, but I like Mary Chapin Carpenter and Dwight Yoakam.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Bands you dig in genres you normally dislike   Bands you dig in genres you normally dislike - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 7:08 pm

Not a band, but I generally dislike any form of country music, though I absolutely LOVE "The Thunder Rolls," by Garth Brooks.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Bands you dig in genres you normally dislike   Bands you dig in genres you normally dislike - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 7:12 pm

For me it's Enigma.

I don't really know how to classify what they do. Is it electronica? Is it symphonic electronica? I have no idea what to call their music but I generally dig it.

Metal student
Metal student
allthingsmetal

Number of posts : 231

PostSubject: Re: Bands you dig in genres you normally dislike   Bands you dig in genres you normally dislike - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 7:28 pm

Don't really like Doom but really LOVE Candlemass' Tales of Creation.

Don't really like folk/americana music but LOVE Vigilantes of Love (and also REM).

Not sure how to categorize it but Robert Randolph has some great music.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Bands you dig in genres you normally dislike   Bands you dig in genres you normally dislike - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 7:42 pm

allthingsmetal wrote:

Get Epicus Doomicus Metallicus and Nightfall next.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Bands you dig in genres you normally dislike   Bands you dig in genres you normally dislike - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 7:49 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Not a band, but I generally dislike any form of country music, though I absolutely LOVE "The Thunder Rolls," by Garth Brooks.

I've always liked that song too. His stuff got played around my house a lot when I was little.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Bands you dig in genres you normally dislike   Bands you dig in genres you normally dislike - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 7:51 pm

MACHINE HEAD - Burn my Eyes
Back to top Go down
allthingsmetal
Metal student
Metal student
allthingsmetal

Number of posts : 231

PostSubject: Re: Bands you dig in genres you normally dislike   Bands you dig in genres you normally dislike - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 8:46 pm

Required Fields wrote:
allthingsmetal wrote:

Get Epicus Doomicus Metallicus and Nightfall next.

I have had those in the past. ToC is the only one I really even liked and I LOVE it.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Bands you dig in genres you normally dislike   Bands you dig in genres you normally dislike - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 9:04 pm

System of a Down
I seriously think these guys were very talented musically.

Motley Crue (first two only)
Keel - The Right To Rock

Not into glam at all, but I really consider these first two Crue albums just metal. I guess I think Keel was too.

Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Bands you dig in genres you normally dislike   Bands you dig in genres you normally dislike - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 9:05 pm

80s Metal Lady wrote:
Kreator (I don't usually like music with that vocal style, but I really like Pleasure To Kill and Terrible Certainty).

IMO those are the two best Kreator albums. Good call!
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Bands you dig in genres you normally dislike   Bands you dig in genres you normally dislike - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 9:42 pm

Man, I think everyone in the world likes 'Thunder Rolls', let's just be honest here, am I right?

tohostudios wrote:
For me it's Enigma.

I don't really know how to classify what they do. Is it electronica? Is it symphonic electronica? I have no idea what to call their music but I generally dig it.

I'm kind of an Enigma freak and I agree, especially the last..3-4 records, it's just this rich, incredibly produced blend of amazing sound that still manages to - in some way - be pop of some type. It can also get incredibly dark. I LOVE the later Enigma stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands you dig in genres you normally dislike   Bands you dig in genres you normally dislike - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 12:14 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Man, I think everyone in the world likes 'Thunder Rolls', let's just be honest here, am I right?

Honestly, I hate it. Razz
Back to top Go down
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

PostSubject: Re: Bands you dig in genres you normally dislike   Bands you dig in genres you normally dislike - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 12:23 am

I am a fan of both Adelle and Tim McGraw Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: Bands you dig in genres you normally dislike   Bands you dig in genres you normally dislike - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 2:28 am

I'm not normally a fan of grunge, but I really dig Soundgarden.
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Bands you dig in genres you normally dislike   Bands you dig in genres you normally dislike - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 5:32 am

Alice in Chains, Paramore, System of a Down, Lucifer's Friend.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Bands you dig in genres you normally dislike   Bands you dig in genres you normally dislike - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 6:26 am

Yeah, I'll go with Alice in Chains too.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Bands you dig in genres you normally dislike   Bands you dig in genres you normally dislike - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 9:45 am

S.D. wrote:
Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

Not sure I know it, but I'll just assume I don't like it because it's Garth Brooks. Bands you dig in genres you normally dislike - Page 2 499945

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Bands you dig in genres you normally dislike   Bands you dig in genres you normally dislike - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 9:49 am

S.D. wrote:
Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

This^^^^^^ xTen Million. Garth Brooks is the Spawn of Satan and the root of everything foul and filthy.

OK, a little overboard - but he really was the single biggest reason so many great rock n roll bars turned into trendy hillbilly pubs in 1990 around here.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Bands you dig in genres you normally dislike   Bands you dig in genres you normally dislike - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 12:34 pm

I like some country, usually the outlaw stuff but I detest Garth.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Bands you dig in genres you normally dislike   Bands you dig in genres you normally dislike - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 12:52 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
S.D. wrote:
Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

This^^^^^^ xTen Million. Garth Brooks is the Spawn of Satan and the root of everything foul and filthy.

OK, a little overboard - but he really was the single biggest reason so many great rock n roll bars turned into trendy hillbilly pubs in 1990 around here.

Now that I think about it, he did kind of lead the pack of "modern country", didn't he? I remember when he played 6 consecutive sold-out 20,000 seat shows in Philly. I was wondering where all these big hats and bigger belt-buckled folks were coming from. Ick.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Bands you dig in genres you normally dislike   Bands you dig in genres you normally dislike - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 1:04 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
S.D. wrote:
Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

Now that I think about it, he did kind of lead the pack of "modern country", didn't he? I remember when he played 6 consecutive sold-out 20,000 seat shows in Philly. I was wondering where all these big hats and bigger belt-buckled folks were coming from. Ick.

I'd say it was kind of a team effort between Garth and Billy Ray ("Achy Breaky Heart") Cyrus. They both hit it big around the same time if memory serves.

The difference, of course, is that Garth hung around for a good long while, but Billy Ray quickly went off to One Hit Wonderville until his daughter became old enough to exploit on the Disney Channel.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Bands you dig in genres you normally dislike   Bands you dig in genres you normally dislike - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 3:07 pm

allthingsmetal wrote:

Not sure how to categorize it but Robert Randolph has some great music.

I would classify Robert Randall and the Family as a blend of Funk/Rock/Blues/Soul as each of these elements are very prevalent in the music. I hope that is the musician that you are referring to anyway.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Bands you dig in genres you normally dislike   Bands you dig in genres you normally dislike - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 3:13 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:

Not quite what you mean by "outlaw stuff" but to me I assume you mean more of the honky-tonk variety of country? Kentucky Headhunters, Confederate Railroad, early Travis Tritt, Kris Kristofferson and so on?

I do like Chris Ledoux quite a bit, but Garth is horrible.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Bands you dig in genres you normally dislike   Bands you dig in genres you normally dislike - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 3:30 pm

jettafiend wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

Not quite what you mean by "outlaw stuff" but to me I assume you mean more of the honky-tonk variety of country? Kentucky Headhunters, Confederate Railroad, early Travis Tritt, Kris Kristofferson and so on?

I do like Chris Ledoux quite a bit, but Garth is horrible.

He was definitely speaking of Waylon, Willie, and the Boys. The Highwaymen, David Allen Coe, 60s/70's Cash, etc. I also love the Outlaw stuff.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Bands you dig in genres you normally dislike   Bands you dig in genres you normally dislike - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 3:38 pm

jettafiend wrote:

I'd say he means the likes of Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, David Allen Coe and Jesse Colter. The original "ootlaw" country of the early/mid 1970's

PostSubject: Re: Bands you dig in genres you normally dislike   Bands you dig in genres you normally dislike - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bands you dig in genres you normally dislike
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next