Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Never give up.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

Never give up. Empty
PostSubject: Never give up.   Never give up. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 12:57 pm

A dear friend of mine called me this morning with sad news. A man that he met in high school and had stayed close with for over 20 years hung himself yesterday. I knew this man, I wasn't close or even friends, but because of my mutual friendship, I attended bbq’s and what not with him and his wife and kids several times.

My friend had poured his heart and soul into this man for the last couple months trying to help him. His wife had separated from him months back after he started doing drugs and once again falling back into gambling. He drove a nice car, has owned big houses. A white-collar guy who’s always made money. The man's brother and mom also have been looking in on him and trying to help him, all knowing he was struggling. Some knew he was suicidal.

His mother of all people, found him hanging in the garage last night. I can't even begin to imagine her heartbreak, seeing your son hanging. He left two young children behind, all his family and several close friends who will have to live with this for the rest of their lives.

I just want to encourage all of us, any of us who may be going through tuff times that things can and always do get better. It's easy to get sucked into our problems big or small. Some people think nobody else could be going through what they are. All of us suffer at some point throughout life. Some more than others.

Some close friends of ours lost a 6-month-old baby last summer. And they were plastered all over the news for months after. It was awful, devastating and never-ending it seemed for a time. But they're doing better now. They have hope, they're getting stronger every day, and they have little ones who need them to make it through. Most of us will never experience that kind of suffering and heartbreak.

Maybe you’re single and have no kids, no family and you're struggling or in a really bad place right now. Maybe you’re lonely or depressed. Your life matters tremendously. Reach out to someone and get support and encouragement. There's no situation that can't be outlasted, outrun or overcome. It is hard. This life is extremely hard sometimes. But it's never impossible. Giving up is defeat that causes nothing but suffering for everybody. And you are never defeated as long as you are still trying, still in the fight. Do whatever it takes. Check yourself in someplace if your addicted to something and you know it's going to kill you someday. Just don't stop fighting.

Reach out to a friend or to a family member or a neighbor. Not on social media, speak to them, go to them. Those of us who know someone hurting, we need to reach out to them and be on the lookout in our circles’ of influence. Even if they reject us, keep pursuing them and loving on them. We need them as much as they need us.
Back to top Go down

Never give up.
Page 1 of 1