Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dan Swano And Magali Luyten To Guest On New Frameshift CD

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Dan Swano And Magali Luyten To Guest On New Frameshift CD Empty
PostSubject: Dan Swano And Magali Luyten To Guest On New Frameshift CD   Dan Swano And Magali Luyten To Guest On New Frameshift CD Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 2:24 pm

Seriously, this is going to be amazing! Dan Swano is one of the best vocalists around, and I just heard Magali Luyten for the first time recently, and she is killer!

Quote :
FRAMESHIFT, the progressive rock/metal project led by Henning Pauly, has tapped Dan Swanö (NIGHTINGALE, ex-EDGE OF SANITY, BLOODBATH) from Sweden and Magali Luyten (VIRUS IV, BEAUTIFUL SIN, AYREON) from Belgium to sing on its upcoming third album, tentatively titled "The God Delusion".

Commented Pauly: "First of all, I am amazed at how many [singers] sent me their stuff [to be considered for the new FRAMESHIFT album] and even more at how many went through the trouble of writing and recording vocals for the test song I supplied. I heard some awesome singers and although some of them were phenomenal, they still didn't get chosen. They might ask themselves why. The only way I can say it is that I was looking for something different. I have worked with great metal vocalists some of the ones that applied are 'on par' with [James] LaBrie [DREAM THEATER], [Sebastian] Bach [ex-SKID ROW] and Roos, but since I have already worked with that type of vocal performance, I would like to go in a slightly different direction. In the end I found what I was looking for. I actually found a bit too much. I ended up with two vocalists and I could not make up my mind. So, we are embarking on a project that has not been done before. I will not go into detail on HOW the two vocalists will share their duties, but I can say that it will be very interesting and powerful."

FRAMESHIFT's first album, "Unweaving the Rainbow", was a concept album based on the work of Richard Dawkins, a scientist and writer, and features DREAM THEATER vocalist James LaBrie. The second concept album, "An Absence of Empathy", features Sebastian Bach and other musicians.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dan Swano And Magali Luyten To Guest On New Frameshift CD   Dan Swano And Magali Luyten To Guest On New Frameshift CD Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 3:51 pm

A taste of some new music:

http://www.henningpauly.com/videos/fs3pitch_s.wmv

🤘
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Dan Swano And Magali Luyten To Guest On New Frameshift CD   Dan Swano And Magali Luyten To Guest On New Frameshift CD Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 5:45 pm

I have An Absence of Empathy with Sebastion Bach doing all the vocals. Really different from the stuff he did with Skid Row. Allot darker and he really gets a chance to flex his pipes. Very cool album. Imagine Fates Warning or Dream Theater with Sebastian's vocals.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dan Swano And Magali Luyten To Guest On New Frameshift CD   Dan Swano And Magali Luyten To Guest On New Frameshift CD Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 8:15 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I have An Absence of Empathy with Sebastion Bach doing all the vocals. Really different from the stuff he did with Skid Row. Allot darker and he really gets a chance to flex his pipes. Very cool album. Imagine Fates Warning or Dream Theater with Sebastian's vocals.
Yeah, that's the album I have. It's definitely a very good album. I don't have the album he did with James Labrie, but want it. Dan Swano is an amazing vocalist. He can do high-pitched metal wails or some of the most brutal death metal you've ever heard, and everything in between. He's truly an amazing singer! And this Magali Luyten, from what I hear on the MySpace tracks, is pretty awesome herself. I don't hear the range that Swano has, but who knows, I've only heard a few songs from her. It should be a really cool album.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Dan Swano And Magali Luyten To Guest On New Frameshift CD   Dan Swano And Magali Luyten To Guest On New Frameshift CD Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 8:40 pm

Swano is the bomb. very versatile vocalist.

PostSubject: Re: Dan Swano And Magali Luyten To Guest On New Frameshift CD   Dan Swano And Magali Luyten To Guest On New Frameshift CD Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 9:22 pm

Swano light and fluffy (at 17 years old): http://www.myspace.com/unicornsweden
Swano rock: http://www.myspace.com/nightingalesweden
Swano death: http://www.myspace.com/edgeofsanitytunes
Swano death prog rock: http://www.myspace.com/danswano
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dan Swano And Magali Luyten To Guest On New Frameshift CD   Dan Swano And Magali Luyten To Guest On New Frameshift CD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dan Swano And Magali Luyten To Guest On New Frameshift CD
Page 1 of 1