Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cloven Hoof - let's talk

Go down 
+16
metalken
Boris2008
Gilbert
MetalGuy71
krokus
TheGreatDuck
candlemass
Witchfinder
Dave the Boss
ultmetal
stormspell
Required Fields
Orion Crystal Ice
BearOnUnicycle
Temple of Blood
Arjun_M
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

Cloven Hoof - let's talk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloven Hoof - let's talk   Cloven Hoof - let's talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 03, 2017 11:36 pm

Who mourns for the morning star is an awesome album and one of the best 2017 releases. Lots of painkiller style speed. Anyone picked it up?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Cloven Hoof - let's talk   Cloven Hoof - let's talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 22, 2017 4:45 am

Picked up dominator finally on cd. Awesome album.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Cloven Hoof - let's talk   Cloven Hoof - let's talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 22, 2017 7:39 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Who mourns for the morning star is an awesome album and one of the best 2017 releases. Lots of painkiller style speed. Anyone picked it up?

Yes I got it and it's really good
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Cloven Hoof - let's talk   Cloven Hoof - let's talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2018 6:07 am

Man that dominator album is so good. Been spinning it repeatedly lately.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

PostSubject: Re: Cloven Hoof - let's talk   Cloven Hoof - let's talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2018 1:45 pm

I ordered Dominator recently, and it will be arriving in my mailbox real soon. I also ordered their new album.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Cloven Hoof - let's talk   Cloven Hoof - let's talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2018 3:41 pm

Required Fields wrote:
I ordered Dominator recently, and it will be arriving in my mailbox real soon. I also ordered their new album.

Their latest album is amazing. Lots of painkiller influences on it headbanger
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

PostSubject: Re: Cloven Hoof - let's talk   Cloven Hoof - let's talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 3:37 am

The latest album is indeed stellar. Very solid, straight up metal band. Lee Payne is a sadly unsung metal hero.
I actually have been on a big kick with them this year so far. I'm attempting to fill in my collection soon once I hunt down (for a reasonable price) "The Opening Ritual"; "Throne Of Damnation" and the two re-recorded greatest hits Definitive Parts 1 and 2.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: Cloven Hoof - let's talk   Cloven Hoof - let's talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2018 2:30 pm

Found out earlier the band is doing a U.S. tour in September. Haven't seen any dates yet.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

PostSubject: Re: Cloven Hoof - let's talk   Cloven Hoof - let's talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2018 7:47 am

I discuss Dominator in my new YouTube video:
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Cloven Hoof - let's talk   Cloven Hoof - let's talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2018 6:42 pm

nevermore wrote:
Found out earlier the band is doing a U.S. tour in September. Haven't seen any dates yet.

Me n Deathcult are going to the Chicago Show. Then deadheading it back to the Cities for Vicious Rumours the next night. They are actually doing some dates together [Which would have saved me 800 miles of driving].
Back to top Go down
HeavyThrashhead
Metal student
Metal student
HeavyThrashhead

Number of posts : 214

PostSubject: Re: Cloven Hoof - let's talk   Cloven Hoof - let's talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2018 8:26 pm

Cloven Hoof were a good band, their debut is some of the finest Metal to come out of the New Wave of British Heavy Metal a long with Court in the Act by Satan and Blood Sports by Avenger, the Russ North era albums are a lot more Power Metal, but are equally as good.

their later stuff kinda gets iffy for me, i don't mind Eye of the Sun, but it's a album that i have trouble clicking with.........but then those songs like "Contagion" and "I'm Your Nemesis"...oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh boooooooooooooooooooyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!! were those painful to listen to, such shit.

but because of those two songs, it really did leave a bad taste in my mouth and really has kept me from giving their newer stuff a chance, checking out bits of Resist or Serve, it's kinda better, but i don't know if i care for the vocalist there, but it seems that George Call is the singer on the more recent album Who Mourns for the Morning Star, so i may give 'em one more chance.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: Cloven Hoof - let's talk   Cloven Hoof - let's talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2018 6:09 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
nevermore wrote:

Me n Deathcult are going to the Chicago Show.  Then deadheading it back to the Cities for Vicious Rumours the next night.  They are actually doing some dates together [Which would have saved me 800 miles of driving].

I'm hopefully going to do the show in Asheville with Savage Master opening. Vicious Rumors are playing in Charlotte two nights later.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

PostSubject: Re: Cloven Hoof - let's talk   Cloven Hoof - let's talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2018 9:35 pm

metalken wrote:
The latest album is indeed stellar. Very solid, straight up metal band. Lee Payne is a sadly unsung metal hero.
I actually have been on a big kick with them this year so far. I'm attempting to fill in my collection soon once I hunt down (for a reasonable price) "The Opening Ritual"; "Throne Of Damnation" and the two re-recorded greatest hits Definitive Parts 1 and 2.

Getting closer to filling the collection. Picked up "Definitive Part 2" which included the "Throne Of Damnation" ep as the first 5 tracks.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Cloven Hoof - let's talk   Cloven Hoof - let's talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2018 10:34 pm

Their latest is a true speed metal masterpiece.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3172

PostSubject: Re: Cloven Hoof - let's talk   Cloven Hoof - let's talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2022 4:39 am

Dominator is a great release. The singer's voice is damn powerful.
I listened on youtube to Sultan's Ransom. Doesn't sound as good.
But I may pick it up to give it an honest listen.
Any thought's on Sultan's Ransom ?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Cloven Hoof - let's talk   Cloven Hoof - let's talk - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2022 5:14 am

Glower wrote:
Dominator is a great release. The singer's voice is damn powerful.
I listened on youtube to Sultan's Ransom. Doesn't sound as good.
But I may pick it up to give it an honest listen.
Any thought's on Sultan's Ransom ?

I picked it up on cd a few months ago and it's an excellent album imo. Their best headbanger headbanger .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cloven Hoof - let's talk   Cloven Hoof - let's talk - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cloven Hoof - let's talk
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2