Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cloven Hoof?

Go down 
+3
Gilbert
Glower
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
Metal student
Metal student
Angelcake Adonisus Fox

Number of posts : 162

Cloven Hoof? Empty
PostSubject: Cloven Hoof?   Cloven Hoof? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2020 6:41 pm

So I recently just started getting into Cloven Hoof...and I'm kicking myself for having taken this long.

I first heard about them through the Venom page (on this website), in reference to all the NWOBHM bands that were opting for teh satanism gimmick...but once I actually started looking into them more the story just got insanely fun from there. They were all massive sci-fi nerds who were trying to be the new British KISS and they even adopted individual personas for their live shows (here's a picture for reference. Man do they look silly.)

Music wise, however, it's pretty amazing British power metal with lots of cheesy sci-fi and fantasy lyrics. Apparently they also tried to do the Thin Lizzy thing where every album is more or less a semi-concept album with a storyline paragraph on the back cover. They've rarely if ever had a real stable lineup apparently, with only the bass player being the longest serving.

Oh, and apparently they ditched the whole satanism angle after the first album.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

Cloven Hoof? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloven Hoof?   Cloven Hoof? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2020 6:44 am

I think the singer is great - the voice - the tone - the energy.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

Cloven Hoof? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloven Hoof?   Cloven Hoof? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2020 6:45 am

My favorite song !
Great to speed to on the highway.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9853

Cloven Hoof? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloven Hoof?   Cloven Hoof? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2020 9:37 am

One of my favourite bands of all time.

Check out their latest album Who Mourns For The Morning Star. Pure Painkiller style metal!

They have a new album titled Age of Steel on the way, this coming April. A must buy of course.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Cloven Hoof? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloven Hoof?   Cloven Hoof? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2020 8:13 pm

I have their album Resist or Serve, but I don't recall anything about it. Guess I need to give it a fresh spin.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28367

Cloven Hoof? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloven Hoof?   Cloven Hoof? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2020 9:21 pm

Very good band. I like their album A Sultan's Ransom the best.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Cloven Hoof? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloven Hoof?   Cloven Hoof? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2020 11:39 pm

Required Fields wrote:

I still need to get this one. But the last time i checked, it was still a bit expensive on eBay. Hope it gets reissued soon.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39180

Cloven Hoof? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloven Hoof?   Cloven Hoof? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2020 11:54 pm

I prefer Camel Toe
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Cloven Hoof? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloven Hoof?   Cloven Hoof? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2020 9:26 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I have their album Resist or Serve, but I don't recall anything about it. Guess I need to give it a fresh spin.

I'm playing it now on the computer as I sit here. Not bad at all, although on a few songs the singer gets a little screamy. Which is probably why I sold off the actual disc. Oh well.

Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

Cloven Hoof? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloven Hoof?   Cloven Hoof? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2020 4:46 pm

Big fan of Cloven Hoof. Who Mourns For The Morning Star was fantastic, and like Gilbert I am looking forward to the new one in late April. Still top level.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Cloven Hoof? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloven Hoof?   Cloven Hoof? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2020 9:12 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Required Fields wrote:

I still need to get this one. But the last time i checked, it was still a bit expensive on eBay. Hope it gets reissued soon.

Dominator was reissued a few years back. I discussed that album in one of my YouTube videos after acquiring it.

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Cloven Hoof? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloven Hoof?   Cloven Hoof? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2020 9:16 pm

I also bought the album for Scott after it was reissued. He showed it in a video after I mailed him a package for his birthday a couple of years back:
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Cloven Hoof? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloven Hoof?   Cloven Hoof? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2020 11:52 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
Required Fields wrote:

Dominator was reissued a few years back. I discussed that album in one of my YouTube videos after acquiring it.

Yes i picked it up on cd in Paris about a year and a half ago. Excellent album.

I did see Sultan's Ransom on eBay. Sold by a brazilian seller whom i've already bought from a few cds.

Might pick this one up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cloven Hoof? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloven Hoof?   Cloven Hoof? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cloven Hoof?
Page 1 of 1