Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Judgment Night soundtrack?

Go down 
+3
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
ZombieHavoc
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

The Judgment Night soundtrack? Empty
PostSubject: The Judgment Night soundtrack?   The Judgment Night soundtrack? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 10:23 am

Any other fans of the Judgment Night soundtrack out there?

I feel this mostly would appeal to a teeny tiny pocket of people. I was at just the right age and in the right place as far as music went to devour this when it came out.

I loved stuff like Biohazard, House of Pain, Cypress Hill, and so on. So putting all these groups together to do tracks just ruled to me. Even though, aside from a few artists involved, I don't really listen to most of these bands any more, I still love to jam to this soundtrack.

Personal faves:

The Slayer/Ice T
Cypress Hill/Sonic Youth
De La Soul/Teenage Fan Club
BiohazardOnyx

But really, I love it all. Even the Mudhoney/Sir-Mix-Alot joint.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: The Judgment Night soundtrack?   The Judgment Night soundtrack? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 10:24 am

Never owned the soundtrack but that Slayer/Ice-T jam was pretty bad-ass if memory serves.

"Judgment Night" was a cool movie, too!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Judgment Night soundtrack?   The Judgment Night soundtrack? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 10:28 am

It was an interesting concept at the time, but I can't say I cared much for it. At least they tried doing something different and original for a movie soundtrack, which is sorely lacking these days.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Judgment Night soundtrack?   The Judgment Night soundtrack? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 10:32 am

Quote :
At least they tried doing something different and original for a movie soundtrack, which is sorely lacking these days.

The soundtrack for the "Spawn" movie (1997) tried a similar idea, except they were matching up metal dudes with techno/remixer dudes instead of rappers. I think Slayer had a track on that one too, if I'm not mistaken.

Problem was, the "Spawn" soundtrack pretty much sucked (and so did the movie)!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Judgment Night soundtrack?   The Judgment Night soundtrack? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 10:43 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
At least they tried doing something different and original for a movie soundtrack, which is sorely lacking these days.

The soundtrack for the "Spawn" movie (1997) tried a similar idea, except they were matching up metal dudes with techno/remixer dudes instead of rappers. I think Slayer had a track on that one too, if I'm not mistaken.

Is that the one that had Metallica on it? I seem to remember some techo mash-up of 'For Whom the Bells Tolls'. And yea, that movie was ass. I really wanted to like it too. The HBO cartoon series was so much better.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Judgment Night soundtrack?   The Judgment Night soundtrack? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 11:42 am

Quote :
Is that the one that had Metallica on it? I seem to remember some techo mash-up of 'For Whom the Bells Tolls'. And yea, that movie was ass. I really wanted to like it too. The HBO cartoon series was so much better.

Yeah, Metallica and "Orbital," whoever that is. They remixed/mashed up a bunch of Metallica riffs 'n' random noises and called it "Satan."

Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: The Judgment Night soundtrack?   The Judgment Night soundtrack? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 11:42 am

I played that thing to death when it came out. Thought it was the greatest thing ever. I was a college dj at the time and was so happy when one day my local used place got a "clean" copy of it. My radio show pretty much became the Judgement Night show. I wanted De LA Soul/Teenage Fan Club to do an entire album together. To this day I'd still buy that collaboration.

Might have to break this out over the weekend.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

PostSubject: Re: The Judgment Night soundtrack?   The Judgment Night soundtrack? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 9:19 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Wasn't Iced Earth approached for contributing to the soundtrack?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Judgment Night soundtrack?   The Judgment Night soundtrack? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 9:58 pm

Required Fields wrote:

There may have some interest due to IE's "Dark Saga" concept album about Spawn, but obviously the filmmakers went for bigger major label names. Schaffer has said once he saw the film he was glad they didn't use any of his music in it. Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25796

PostSubject: Re: The Judgment Night soundtrack?   The Judgment Night soundtrack? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 10:02 pm

I liked the soundtrack to Judgement Night. Not everything worked song wise but it was good. My favorite song from it was the Helmet/House Of Pain's Just Another Victim.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

PostSubject: Re: The Judgment Night soundtrack?   The Judgment Night soundtrack? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 10:08 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Required Fields wrote:

There may have some interest due to IE's "Dark Saga" concept album about Spawn, but obviously the filmmakers went for bigger major label names. Schaffer has said once he saw the film he was glad they didn't use any of his music in it. Laughing very hard

Kind of like how Anthrax was hoping they'd be approached to have "I Am the Law" when they heard a Judge Dredd movie was going to be made, but were happy it wasn't after they saw the movie.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: The Judgment Night soundtrack?   The Judgment Night soundtrack? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 10:25 pm

The Judgment Night soundtrack is one of the best soundtracks of all time. Aside from the Mudhoney and Sir Mix-a-Lot song, which I don't care for because Sir Mix-a-Lot is shit, the album is brilliant.

Of course, you gotta be a fan of that kind of mash-up of styles. Considering the first two bands I ever listened to were Def Leppard and Run DMC, I was already listening to rapcore and whatnot, so I loved it immediately.

"Another Body Murdered" is my favorite track, followed by "Come And Die" and "Just Another Victim."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Judgment Night soundtrack?   The Judgment Night soundtrack? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Judgment Night soundtrack?
Page 1 of 1