Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stryper - Second Coming

Go down 
+24
Sutekh
journeyman
Shawn Of Fire
DallasBlack
corplhicks
snooloui
Fat Freddy
candlemass
thejokeriv
James B.
Troublezone
Gilbert
jettafiend
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
shamgar75
mc666
Dark Horseman
Thrasher73
kmorg
mr.electric39
Lurideath
nevermore
ultmetal
deathisgain
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Stryper - Second Coming - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Second Coming   Stryper - Second Coming - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 10:09 am

I couldnt care less if its tuned down or not,all I know is it rocks Smile
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Second Coming   Stryper - Second Coming - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 10:23 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Why does anyone care if it's tuned down a half-step from standard?

- Van Halen was always in D back in the Roth days
- Firehouse was in e-flat from the get go...they're D live these days
- Sabbath was in C wasn't it?

I don't "care", I just was wanting to know if that was the case or not. The CD sounds great and I think they tuned down to give Micheal a chance to sing in a less 'high' register. I remember reading an interview with Micheal where he was saying that part of the reason he wanted to re-record these old songs was because he wanted to, "sound a little more like a man instead of a helium-induced kid at Disneyland."

It wasn't a criticism to ask about the tuning, just a curiosity.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Second Coming   Stryper - Second Coming - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 11:32 am

ultmetal wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Why does anyone care if it's tuned down a half-step from standard?

- Van Halen was always in D back in the Roth days
- Firehouse was in e-flat from the get go...they're D live these days
- Sabbath was in C wasn't it?

I don't "care", I just was wanting to know if that was the case or not. The CD sounds great and I think they tuned down to give Micheal a chance to sing in a less 'high' register. I remember reading an interview with Micheal where he was saying that part of the reason he wanted to re-record these old songs was because he wanted to, "sound a little more like a man instead of a helium-induced kid at Disneyland."

It wasn't a criticism to ask about the tuning, just a curiosity.

All good...I just see that a lot, especially on Melodic Rock boards, and it's almost always a criticism. lol!

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Second Coming   Stryper - Second Coming - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 12:12 pm

I keep listening to this online to see if I need to buy it and I guess i'm used to the old recordings. Haven't felt the need to get this.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Second Coming   Stryper - Second Coming - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 9:59 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
I keep listening to this online to see if I need to buy it and I guess i'm used to the old recordings. Haven't felt the need to get this.

You need to get it.It will surprise you how much better these songs sound.I felt the same way as you but being the Stryper completist I am I went ahead and got it.You wont be disappointed
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Second Coming   Stryper - Second Coming - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 11:19 am

Maybe if I can get if on the cheap.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Second Coming   Stryper - Second Coming - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 12:40 pm

I'm with Scott; is that really the album cover? That looks just gross.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Second Coming   Stryper - Second Coming - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 12:44 pm

corplhicks wrote:

It is indeed the cover.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Second Coming   Stryper - Second Coming - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 12:47 pm

So, when did Robert Sweet get a face lift? Cool

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Second Coming   Stryper - Second Coming - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 12:57 pm

ultmetal wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

It is indeed the cover.

In that case, I'll photoshop my own cover for replacement when I get this.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Second Coming   Stryper - Second Coming - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 3:37 am

kmorg wrote:

So I'm not the only one. He looks a little like Michael Jackson with blonde hair.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Second Coming   Stryper - Second Coming - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 8:20 am

DallasBlack wrote:
kmorg wrote:

So I'm not the only one. He looks a little like Michael Jackson with blonde hair.

He was always (IMO) the most vain of the band...and he's the oldest...if anyone in that band is going to get work done, it would be him.

lol!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Second Coming   Stryper - Second Coming - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 8:27 am

Michael Sweet was hinting on Stryper's Facebook yesterday that they might be re-recording some "In God We Trust" and "Against the Law" tracks sometime soon. Are they planning to re-do their entire discography? Sheesh. scratch

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Second Coming   Stryper - Second Coming - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 8:36 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Michael Sweet was hinting on Stryper's Facebook yesterday that they might be re-recording some "In God We Trust" and "Against the Law" tracks sometime soon. Are they planning to re-do their entire discography? Sheesh. scratch

That was the plan all along. Second Coming Part 1 & 2...both with a couple new songs each. They're doing a whole new album too. They're staying very busy.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Second Coming   Stryper - Second Coming - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 8:47 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

That was the plan all along. Second Coming Part 1 & 2...both with a couple new songs each. They're doing a whole new album too. They're staying very busy.

Ahhh, I see. Didn't know that. Michael joked on FB about calling it "Third Coming." Very Happy

...so on top of the new Stryper album plus the solo album he has in the works, Michael's publishing his autobiography this year too. Good grief, when does he sleep? Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Second Coming   Stryper - Second Coming - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 9:18 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Yeah,that was the plan with the re-records. All I can say is.........Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! happy
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Second Coming   Stryper - Second Coming - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 6:40 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Yeah,that was the plan with the re-records. All I can say is.........Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stryper - Second Coming - Page 3 911681

X2!

I got my copy of Second Coming in the mail today. Now I am looking for reasons to go to the store, just so I can blast it. The little bit that I demo'ed on my computer sounded really good and my computer speakers SUCK!! If there is a "part 2" I will be buying for sure. I am definitely a Stryper fanboy.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Second Coming   Stryper - Second Coming - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 10:00 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Why re-record albums? Is it a rights thing or are they just spent and fresh out of inspiration. I enjoy new perspectives on past accomplishments and maybe that's why live albums have so much appeal.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Second Coming   Stryper - Second Coming - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 11:32 pm

i believe it will give them the rights to their early music, which has been bound up by Hollywood Records since the early 1990s.
Back to top Go down
LifeWithDanieL
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Second Coming   Stryper - Second Coming - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 12:33 am

no more covers by other bands. no more rereordings of your older music. what the fans want from stryper is a new studio album with all new songs that sounds like it did back in the day.
Back to top Go down
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Second Coming   Stryper - Second Coming - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 1:22 am

And unless you meet our demands by sundown we will have no choice but to launch a massive counter attack angry
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Second Coming   Stryper - Second Coming - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 7:53 pm

LifeWithDanieL wrote:
no more covers by other bands. no more rereordings of your older music. what the fans want from stryper is a new studio album with all new songs that sounds like it did back in the day.

uhm...I guess that probably wont happen buddy

A particular sound will always adhere to the time and era it was created

You see here, no matter how MEGADETH or ANTHRAX tries hard to sound 'old'..they just couldn't do it
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Second Coming   Stryper - Second Coming - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 9:54 pm

EmoElmo wrote:
LifeWithDanieL wrote:

uhm...I guess that probably wont happen buddy

A particular sound will always adhere to the time and era it was created

You see here, no matter how MEGADETH or ANTHRAX tries hard to sound 'old'..they just couldn't do it

See, that kind of talk just makes me want to drink really heavy. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Second Coming   Stryper - Second Coming - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 10:02 pm

Whitesnake gets durn close.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Second Coming   Stryper - Second Coming - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 3:52 pm

Death Is Gain has some pretty cool artwork for Second Coming. Much better than the bad photo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Second Coming   Stryper - Second Coming - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stryper - Second Coming
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next