Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'm a Metal Man of Destruction

Go down 
+29
MetalGuy71
mc666
T-Roy
ultmetal
SideShowDisaSter
trock67
Wargod
DallasBlack
SpectreFate
jettafiend
80s Metal Lady
nevermore
stepcousin
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
Joe
Dark Horseman
Witchfinder
metalken
skullkrusher
adrian
manny
Temple of Blood
MoonChild
kmorg
BearOnUnicycle
Leatherface
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

which?
David Wayne
I'm a Metal Man of Destruction - Page 2 Vote_lcap68%I'm a Metal Man of Destruction - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 68% [ 28 ]
Mike Howe
I'm a Metal Man of Destruction - Page 2 Vote_lcap32%I'm a Metal Man of Destruction - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 32% [ 13 ]
Ronnie Munroe
I'm a Metal Man of Destruction - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%I'm a Metal Man of Destruction - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Ed Bull/Mike Murphy/William McKay
I'm a Metal Man of Destruction - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%I'm a Metal Man of Destruction - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 41

AuthorMessage
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

I'm a Metal Man of Destruction - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm a Metal Man of Destruction   I'm a Metal Man of Destruction - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 5:05 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Have you guys heard Hanging? Aside from the cover what do you think?

Favorite.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Metal Man of Destruction   I'm a Metal Man of Destruction - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 7:36 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Have you guys heard Hanging? Aside from the cover what do you think?

A great album. Highly underrated, I think.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Metal Man of Destruction   I'm a Metal Man of Destruction - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 7:38 pm

Although I like both singers equally, I went with Howe. I think they put out some stronger albums with him at the mic (but only slightly).
Back to top Go down
trock67
Metal novice
Metal novice
trock67

Number of posts : 43

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Metal Man of Destruction   I'm a Metal Man of Destruction - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 11:17 pm

I love those 3 albums with Howe, so he gets the nod.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Metal Man of Destruction   I'm a Metal Man of Destruction - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 11:49 pm

I wish he hadn't left singing, love his voice.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Metal Man of Destruction   I'm a Metal Man of Destruction - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 6:22 am

Had to go with Wayne.

The albums with Howe are good, make no mistake, but the first two just drip power and aggression!

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Metal Man of Destruction   I'm a Metal Man of Destruction - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 3:26 pm

I'll need to listen to my two Howe albums again (forgot I had them) and come back to this poll.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Metal Man of Destruction   I'm a Metal Man of Destruction - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 4:12 pm

Like Wayne, Howe and Ronnie Munroe. Voted for Wayne. Those first two albums are untouchable IMO.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Metal Man of Destruction   I'm a Metal Man of Destruction - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 4:16 pm

I don't think I've heard a Metal Church song. Are they classic metal?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Metal Man of Destruction   I'm a Metal Man of Destruction - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 4:19 pm

T-Roy wrote:
I don't think I've heard a Metal Church song. Are they classic metal?

As classic as it gets!!

W/David Wayne on vox:

(FYI, Ultimatum covered the first cut on this record on their Lex Metalis covers disc)

W/Mike Howe on vox:

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Metal Man of Destruction   I'm a Metal Man of Destruction - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 4:35 pm

Also, T-Roy being that you mostly listen to Christian metal, David Wayne became a Christian later on (though not with Metal Church). However, from what I understand, his solo album and work with Reverend reflect his faith (though the Reverend stuff I understand is hard to find).
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Metal Man of Destruction   I'm a Metal Man of Destruction - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 4:39 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Also, T-Roy being that you mostly listen to Christian metal, David Wayne became a Christian later on (though not with Metal Church). However, from what I understand, his solo album and work with Reverend reflect his faith (though the Reverend stuff I understand is hard to find).
That's cool.
This first album is KILLER! I don't know why...I always figured them like hair metal or maybe in the vein of Crue or Maiden. But this is WAY heavier.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Metal Man of Destruction   I'm a Metal Man of Destruction - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 8:37 pm

Must've been a nice rock you lived under. lol!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Metal Man of Destruction   I'm a Metal Man of Destruction - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 8:41 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:

I knew of the name 'Metal Church' since the mid 90s but never heard a song until around 2007-8 and didn't get any albums til about a year after that. So I must have lived under the same rock Very Happy .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Metal Man of Destruction   I'm a Metal Man of Destruction - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 9:28 pm

I remember getting the Metal Church album when Elektra reissued it in 1985. I think there was a promotion that Elektra records did called "March is Metal Month" and they had a few of their big releases on sale. I think the poster had Metallica, Motley Crue and Metal Church featured on it. The sale price was like $5.99 for the LP, I bought the Metal Church without ever hearing it.

The debut is easily my favorite.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Metal Man of Destruction   I'm a Metal Man of Destruction - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 9:32 pm

S.D. wrote:

mine too. matter of fact, it's still the album i dig out when i want to hear Metal Church.

SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Metal Man of Destruction   I'm a Metal Man of Destruction - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 9:38 pm

S.D. wrote:
I remember getting the Metal Church album when Elektra reissued it in 1985. I think there was a promotion that Elektra records did called "March is Metal Month" and they had a few of their big releases on sale. I think the poster had Metallica, Motley Crue and Metal Church featured on it. The sale price was like $5.99 for the LP, I bought the Metal Church without ever hearing it.

The debut is one of those albums that define the genre for me.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Metal Man of Destruction   I'm a Metal Man of Destruction - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 9:24 am

Mike Howe.

Blessing in Disguise was my intro to the band and I went forward from there. It was only after living with those records for awhile that I backtracked and got the older albums.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Metal Man of Destruction   I'm a Metal Man of Destruction - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 9:41 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
I'm a Metal Man of Destruction - Page 2 37951
On to the next one today!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Metal Man of Destruction   I'm a Metal Man of Destruction - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 9:50 am

T-Roy wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

T-Roy, I thought you had Ultimatum's Lex Metalis CD? Track #1, "Ton of Bricks" is a Metal Church cover.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Metal Man of Destruction   I'm a Metal Man of Destruction - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 9:53 am

ultmetal wrote:
T-Roy wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

T-Roy, I thought you had Ultimatum's Lex Metalis CD? Track #1, "Ton of Bricks" is a Metal Church cover.
No sir. I don't have it, sorry! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Metal Man of Destruction   I'm a Metal Man of Destruction - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 9:58 am

T-Roy wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
T-Roy wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

No sir. I don't have it, sorry! Very Happy

growl Shame on you. Now I will have to beat you with my viking club! I'm a Metal Man of Destruction - Page 2 505193

BTW, if you want it, you can get it for $5 with free shipping:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultimatum-Lex-Metalis-CD-FREE-SHIPPING-New-Mexico-Thrash-Metal-Brand-New-Sealed-/230886115195?pt=Music_CDs&hash=item35c1e2877b

Metal student
Metal student
firestarter

Number of posts : 109

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Metal Man of Destruction   I'm a Metal Man of Destruction - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 1:01 pm

S.D. wrote:
David Wayne easily.

this!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Metal Man of Destruction   I'm a Metal Man of Destruction - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 3:43 pm

Went ahead and voted Wayne (though it was only a vote between him and Howe-I only own the first 4 MC albums). Both are great vocalists of the genre (how they can sing like that without tearing up their throats is a mystery to me) but I think Wayne had a more distinct snarl. Also I prefer the darker sound of the first two albums over the Howe ones (or at least it sounds darker to me).
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Metal Man of Destruction   I'm a Metal Man of Destruction - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 12:55 am

Tough one.

I went for Wayne, although Howe is very good
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Metal Man of Destruction   I'm a Metal Man of Destruction - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm a Metal Man of Destruction
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next