Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Destruction Comes - Underrated?

Go down 
+16
ramreb
MetalFRO
Lurideath
stepcousin
stevegarveyfan
Metallic Blaze
Stender
James B.
Dave the Boss
Rex
thejokeriv
FlyingV
kmorg
Thrasher73
ultmetal
scottmitchell74
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Destruction Comes - Underrated?  Empty
PostSubject: Destruction Comes - Underrated?    Destruction Comes - Underrated?  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 1:12 pm

Vengeance Rising - Destruction Comes

This is the least liked of the 4, I'd say. When it first came out I liked it, but thought of it as "less".

Well, time does things to things. Recently some of these songs have popped up on my randomly programmed MP3 player. Thist album is pretty darn good?!

Roger is crap-house nuts these days, in my opinion, but man could these boys thrash back in their day. I love the lyrics as well.

Any fans of this sometimes forgotten Thrash force?

Last edited by scottmitchell74 on Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Destruction Comes - Underrated?    Destruction Comes - Underrated?  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 1:14 pm

Shhh...it's my favorite one.

I love the raw intensity of it. Gone are the goofy rock n roll bends on the solos and under Roger's direction, Roger creates the first authentically awesome VR, IMO. Plus Roger's lyrics are the strongest on this one.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Destruction Comes - Underrated?    Destruction Comes - Underrated?  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 1:22 pm

I like it quite a bit actually. "Before the Time" is probably my favorite song from this album.

However, I much prefer Human Sacrifice and Once Dead to Destruction Comes.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Destruction Comes - Underrated?    Destruction Comes - Underrated?  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 1:29 pm

I liked it when it came out just not as much as the first two.I missed the bits of blues peppered here and there.There are some good songs on this album.The only problem I had with it is that it kinda sounds samey after a while but what doesnt anymore?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Destruction Comes - Underrated?    Destruction Comes - Underrated?  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 3:03 pm

I loved it when it was new. I even used to call muself Thanatos when I played my Atari Games (on he high score lists), named after one of my favorite tracks from the album.

I was pretty late in getting a CD-player. So when 'Destruction Comes' was released, I bought the cassette version (I already had the first 2 albums on cassette and vinyl). And, as usual, I played the crap out of that tape. Then my brother loaned it, to play it for some unsaved kids living at a troubled youth center where he was working at the time. The tape ended up stolen, so I can only hope it managed to minister to someone at that center.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
FlyingV

Number of posts : 270

PostSubject: Re: Destruction Comes - Underrated?    Destruction Comes - Underrated?  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 3:11 pm

I liked it then and still like it now. Not as good as the other three Vengeance Rising albums but a keeper in my book nonetheless. I still get a kick out of the CD artwork as it is one of my personal favorite covers.

Last edited by FlyingV on Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Destruction Comes - Underrated?    Destruction Comes - Underrated?  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 3:13 pm

Quote :
I missed the bits of blues peppered here and there

That's what I hated about the first 2. They're metal records, play metal solos.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Destruction Comes - Underrated?    Destruction Comes - Underrated?  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 3:14 pm

I didn't like this one when it first came out - it was missing something, I couldn't put my finger on it at the time. I haven;t listened to it since.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Destruction Comes - Underrated?    Destruction Comes - Underrated?  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 3:23 pm

I didn't like it when it came out and still don't.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Destruction Comes - Underrated?    Destruction Comes - Underrated?  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 3:23 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :
I missed the bits of blues peppered here and there

That's what I hated about the first 2. They're metal records, play metal solos.

I thought the blues solos were awesome. That's what really set the first two apart from other thrash bands. I never bothered to check the other two albums.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Destruction Comes - Underrated?    Destruction Comes - Underrated?  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 3:52 pm

Wish I'd a seen the line up for "Destruction Comes" live, never did.

I still listen to it on occasion, but it's not a favorite.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Destruction Comes - Underrated?    Destruction Comes - Underrated?  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 3:58 pm

I saw VR on the Released Upon the Earth tour. I didn't think they ever did any shows in support of Destruction Comes.

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Destruction Comes - Underrated?    Destruction Comes - Underrated?  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 4:12 pm

Love this album and love this band!!!!!

Destruction comes is way better than released IMO, but dosnt quite touch on the first two for me. Getting Derek sean on 2nd guitars was a good move by Roger.

I learned the lyrics to you cant stop it and my band has noodled around with the song before. Destruction Comes - Underrated?  Headbang
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Destruction Comes - Underrated?    Destruction Comes - Underrated?  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 4:17 pm

This is my personal favorite from Vengeance Rising!

It brought an element of German thrash with it. Kinda reminded me of Kreator and Sodom (and those are two of my favorite bands).

1. Destruction Comes
2. Human Sacrifice
3. Once Dead
4. Released Upon the Earth

I actually like ALL of the VR albums.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Destruction Comes - Underrated?    Destruction Comes - Underrated?  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 4:33 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I saw VR on the Released Upon the Earth tour. I didn't think they ever did any shows in support of Destruction Comes.

I was busy anyways Destruction Comes - Underrated?  Icon_lol

Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Destruction Comes - Underrated?    Destruction Comes - Underrated?  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 6:31 pm

OK album, but it doesn't hold a candle to the first two releases.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Destruction Comes - Underrated?    Destruction Comes - Underrated?  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 6:36 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:

It brought an element of German thrash with it. Kinda reminded me of Kreator and Sodom (and those are two of my favorite bands).

I do too, and I agree somewhat about the comparisons. I like DC alot and I love it's no-nonsense, back-to-basics thrash mentality. As stated in another post, it does tend to get a bit samey (perhaps the absence of the other original members, the Die Happy dudes, who were great songwriters musically), but IMO it is quite the underrated album and I dont really see how a thrash fan wouldnt at least like it, if not love it.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Destruction Comes - Underrated?    Destruction Comes - Underrated?  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 7:20 pm

The vocals on this are not very good and you can tell there was absolutley no thought put into this album except for in a few songs. Its good for what it is, but Released is better. The 1st 2 rule over the last 2 albums though.
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Destruction Comes - Underrated?    Destruction Comes - Underrated?  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 9:44 pm

Definitely the least of the 4. I liked it somewhat when it came out, but time has not been kind to the album. It's very one-dimensional. "Thanatos" is a nice reprieve from the constant barrage of atonal guitar riffing, and "Hyde Under Pressure" is good for a few laughs once in a while, but with so little clarity or definition in the riffs, it becomes a din. And that's not music, that reaches the realms of noise. Noise can be fun to listen to if it's interestingly constructed, but "Destruction Comes" isn't the most interesting noise ever made Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Destruction Comes - Underrated?    Destruction Comes - Underrated?  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 9:55 pm

stepcousin wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

I do too, and I agree somewhat about the comparisons. I like DC alot and I love it's no-nonsense, back-to-basics thrash mentality. As stated in another post, it does tend to get a bit samey (perhaps the absence of the other original members, the Die Happy dudes, who were great songwriters musically), but IMO it is quite the underrated album and I dont really see how a thrash fan wouldnt at least like it, if not love it.

Destruction Comes - Underrated?  669452

I agree with you that it is a very underrated album. I'm actually quite surprised when I hear thrash peeps dissing this great slab of steel.
Back to top Go down
ramreb
Metal novice
Metal novice
ramreb

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: Destruction Comes - Underrated?    Destruction Comes - Underrated?  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 4:28 am

Thrashed it when it come out, still really like it.
Released is my fave.
First 2 less.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Destruction Comes - Underrated?    Destruction Comes - Underrated?  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 7:36 am

Destruction Comes is my fav I love "Before the Time" and "Raegoul"

Once Dead would be my #2 by VR
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Destruction Comes - Underrated?    Destruction Comes - Underrated?  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 8:52 am

DC is easily my fave VR disc! 10/10
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Destruction Comes - Underrated?    Destruction Comes - Underrated?  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 7:14 pm

Nice! It's cool to see I'm not the only one here who loves "Destruction Comes"!

Destruction Comes - Underrated?  669452
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Destruction Comes - Underrated?    Destruction Comes - Underrated?  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 4:50 am

I like it but the thin non-bass production kinda ruins it. I remember playing my Sega Genesis games with this album playing. Destruction Comes - Underrated?  Icon_smile

"Hyde Under Pressure" is a funny, clever joke song.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Destruction Comes - Underrated?    Destruction Comes - Underrated?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Destruction Comes - Underrated?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: