Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Destruction ... destroys!!!!

Go down 
+5
Gilbert
Joe
nevermore
krokus
Alex Dee Rokket
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

Destruction ... destroys!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Destruction ... destroys!!!!   Destruction ... destroys!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 2:51 pm

Destruction ... destroys!!!! 754598

Haven't seen this video before but damn it's so good.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Destruction ... destroys!!!!   Destruction ... destroys!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 3:39 pm

destroy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Destruction ... destroys!!!!   Destruction ... destroys!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 4:03 pm

Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Destruction ... destroys!!!!   Destruction ... destroys!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 9:00 pm

Hell Yeah!!! That video clip is on their Live Discharge DVD. It is packed with a lot of extras.

Great song off an underrated album!!

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Destruction ... destroys!!!!   Destruction ... destroys!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 12:57 am

Solid performance headbanger
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

PostSubject: Re: Destruction ... destroys!!!!   Destruction ... destroys!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 6:32 am

For me, Destruction are another classic thrash metal band who, alongside Exodus, have released better albums over the past 10 years than during the time when thrash metal was in its prime.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Destruction ... destroys!!!!   Destruction ... destroys!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 10:43 am

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:
For me, Destruction are another classic thrash metal band who, alongside Exodus, have released better albums over the past 10 years than during the time when thrash metal was in its prime.

Very True,Destruction kicks ass! Good Song!
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

PostSubject: Re: Destruction ... destroys!!!!   Destruction ... destroys!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 1:49 pm

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:

I respectfully disagree. While I like all of Destruction's releases over the past 10 years, I think THE ANTICHRIST is the only album that can stand up to their earlier works. But, hey, that's me.

With that said, the way Schmier and company are talking about the new album, I'm getting very excited!!!

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Destruction ... destroys!!!!   Destruction ... destroys!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 1:58 pm

I like the new DESTRUCTION stuff but I just don't love it. The only DESTRUCTION album I really, really love is "Cracked Brain" which the band was practically disowned.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

PostSubject: Re: Destruction ... destroys!!!!   Destruction ... destroys!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 2:07 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
I like the new DESTRUCTION stuff but I just don't love it. The only DESTRUCTION album I really, really love is "Cracked Brain" which the band was practically disowned.

Yeah, I think alot of that has to do with the fact that Schmier wasn't on it. A move that they all regret. But, they are wavering on it. With SPV going under, Destruction was waiting for them to recover the master tapes for CRACKED BRAIN, and all of their previous albums. Just recently, Schmier said that SPV has found them. Apparently, they want to remaster all the albums, including CRACKED BRAIN, but they are going to have Schmier redo the vocals. Not sure what they are going to do about "My Sharona" though. I would doubt Schmier touches that. lol

Hope it happens.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Destruction ... destroys!!!!   Destruction ... destroys!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 2:31 pm

Joe wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

Yeah, I think alot of that has to do with the fact that Schmier wasn't on it. A move that they all regret. But, they are wavering on it. With SPV going under, Destruction was waiting for them to recover the master tapes for CRACKED BRAIN, and all of their previous albums. Just recently, Schmier said that SPV has found them. Apparently, they want to remaster all the albums, including CRACKED BRAIN, but they are going to have Schmier redo the vocals. Not sure what they are going to do about "My Sharona" though. I would doubt Schmier touches that. lol

Hope it happens.

That would be awesome! Thanks a lot for the info. I hope that happens. That is the one thing about that album that could maybe be improved ... the production. If they leave "My Sharona" off that's OK with me but I don't mind the cover as much as some do.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

PostSubject: Re: Destruction ... destroys!!!!   Destruction ... destroys!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 2:59 pm

That's interesting news about Cracked Brain.

The only recognition that album has received in recent times was a re-recording of the title track for Thrash Anthems.

As for why I like the newer Destruction albums a bit better than their 80s counterparts - simply put the production on the newer albums is a lot heavier sounding than it was back then. Having said that, I'm not disputing the quality of the material on their 80s albums - in fact while I enjoy Thrash Anthems for what its worth, it cannot replace the originals and for that matter no collection of re-recordings can. On that note, I prefer the original Release From Agony over the re-recordings.

Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: Destruction ... destroys!!!!   Destruction ... destroys!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 3:08 pm

As I don't like re-recordings (the only exception are the recent Anacrusis ones which are A TON better than the originals) Thrash Anthems does nothing for me. And I think the charm in the early Destruction stuff lies in the crude production it has. It's supposed to sound this way!
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

PostSubject: Re: Destruction ... destroys!!!!   Destruction ... destroys!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 3:25 pm

Metalheads always get bent up on what something is "supposed to sound like". I've used that argument countless of times too but I'm just being honest here, I like what I like. I'm not saying that their older albums are no good, far from it. But ultimately we all have our personal preferences.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

PostSubject: Re: Destruction ... destroys!!!!   Destruction ... destroys!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 4:25 pm

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:
I'm not saying that their older albums are no good, far from it. But ultimately we all have our personal preferences.

No worries Alex, I never got the impression that you were trashing the older albums, you just prefer the newer material. It's all good!

As far as THRASH ANTHEMS goes, I actually like "Release From Agony" and "Sign of Fear" the best. Being that they were more technical than their earlier songs, I felt the production helped bring some of that out. The problem is though, they also changed up the solos, so it kind of ruined that for me. They sound good, but I just felt it was an unnecessary change. "Cracked Brain" sounded good with Schmier on vocals, but again I prefer the solos of the original.

The only other song I really liked was the bonus track on the AFM digipack release. That was "Eternal Ban" which they did during the INVENTOR OF EVIL sessions. They played that exactly the same with just better production and it sounds great. Also, the re-recording of "Curse the Gods" on THE ANTICHRIST japanese release sounds awesome too! Way better than the THRASH ANTHEMS cut.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Destruction ... destroys!!!!   Destruction ... destroys!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 11:22 am

Temple of Blood wrote:

I always liked that one alot too, I hold it in much the same regard as their first couple albums.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Destruction ... destroys!!!!   Destruction ... destroys!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Destruction ... destroys!!!!
Page 1 of 1