Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cruisin round YouTube gems

Go down 
+9
jstate
SpectreFate
kmorg
Eyesore
MetalGuy71
BearOnUnicycle
DallasBlack
Wurthless
James B.
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

Cruisin round YouTube gems Empty
PostSubject: Cruisin round YouTube gems   Cruisin round YouTube gems Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 8:44 pm

Was watchin "funny kid stuff" with the grandaughter on YouTube and when she balied on me. I came across this. Never heard it before headbanger

Pantera-The Will To Survive

Next......

Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Cruisin round YouTube gems   Cruisin round YouTube gems Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 9:27 pm

Yeah, that's one of the demos from Cowboys from Hell. Very Queensryche sounding, if you ask me. Phil was one hell of a singer back then.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

PostSubject: Re: Cruisin round YouTube gems   Cruisin round YouTube gems Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 9:29 pm

Here's my contribution:

Somewhat rare version of Shelter Me by Fates Warning, called Circles.

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Cruisin round YouTube gems   Cruisin round YouTube gems Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 10:33 pm

Wurthless wrote:
Yeah, that's one of the demos from Cowboys from Hell. Very Queensryche sounding, if you ask me. Phil was one hell of a singer back then.

You right about that! I liked the other two that follwed in decending order (only 3-4 songs on Far Beyond), after that Phil's monotone screaming turned me off (though Dimebag's solos never dissapointed-but unfortunatly that wasn't enough to keep me hanging around).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

PostSubject: Re: Cruisin round YouTube gems   Cruisin round YouTube gems Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 10:44 pm

I'm with you on that one, DB. Pantera's never been one of my favorites. I really only like Power Metal and CFH. Vulgar was okay, though.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Cruisin round YouTube gems   Cruisin round YouTube gems Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 2:58 am

Bonus track on a Japanese version.

1990 demo. The song slays.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Cruisin round YouTube gems   Cruisin round YouTube gems Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 9:50 am

Wurthless wrote:

Wow. That was quite impressive. I bet if you played that track to someone without telling them the artist, they'd never in a million years guess Pantera.

Here's Motorhead playing live on "The Young Ones" for some reason:

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Cruisin round YouTube gems   Cruisin round YouTube gems Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 11:47 am

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Cruisin round YouTube gems   Cruisin round YouTube gems Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 12:00 pm

BearOnUnicycle wrote:
Bonus track on a Japanese version.

1990 demo. The song slays.

Very cool! Makes me wanna become a downloader Razz

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Cruisin round YouTube gems   Cruisin round YouTube gems Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 12:14 pm

You can buy "Your Favorite God" for 50-smth $ like I did Razz
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Cruisin round YouTube gems   Cruisin round YouTube gems Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 12:18 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Wurthless wrote:

Wow. That was quite impressive. I bet if you played that track to someone without telling them the artist, they'd never in a million years guess Pantera.

I actually saw that episode back when I would watch PBS's Saturday and Sunday Britcom nights.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Cruisin round YouTube gems   Cruisin round YouTube gems Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 12:23 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Last time I watched this was with 3 other HOMies (who shall remain nameless) at my Uncle's house while the others smoked up, giving me a contact high. I must admit Young Ones is a lot funnier under the influence. Smile
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Cruisin round YouTube gems   Cruisin round YouTube gems Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 12:28 pm

BearOnUnicycle wrote:
You can buy "Your Favorite God" for 50-smth $ like I did Razz

yeah, for that 1 extra song. I don't think so! Laughing I already have the EP.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Cruisin round YouTube gems   Cruisin round YouTube gems Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 12:33 pm

One of my favorite Savatage tracks, recorded during the "Hall of the Mountain King" session, but never released, besides on the limited 2CD edition of the "From the Gutter to the Stage" compilation.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Cruisin round YouTube gems   Cruisin round YouTube gems Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 12:35 pm

Demo version of "Jesus Saves", called "DT Jesus". Savatage was sort of infamous for recording different versions of many of their songs. Too bad so little of it has surfaced for the fans to get a hold of.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Cruisin round YouTube gems   Cruisin round YouTube gems Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 12:39 pm

Japanese bonus track from "Edge of Thorns", called "Forever After":

Second Japanese bonus ttrack, "Shotgun Innocence":

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Cruisin round YouTube gems   Cruisin round YouTube gems Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 12:42 pm

And the holy grail, the totally unreleased track, and a character from Streets that never became a part of the finished album, "Larry Elbows":

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Cruisin round YouTube gems   Cruisin round YouTube gems Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 3:23 pm

What song did "Larry Elbows" become again? "Follow Me," right?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Cruisin round YouTube gems   Cruisin round YouTube gems Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 5:23 am

Eyesore wrote:
What song did "Larry Elbows" become again? "Follow Me," right?

I believe Jon ressurected it for the JOP version of Before I Hang.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Cruisin round YouTube gems   Cruisin round YouTube gems Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 9:58 am

Some live Suicidal Tendencies. Rocky George just kills it.

And because the video was shot in Venice Beach and Hollywood plus it's just a bad ass song

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Cruisin round YouTube gems   Cruisin round YouTube gems Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 11:44 am

Just awesome!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Cruisin round YouTube gems   Cruisin round YouTube gems Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 12:06 pm

Dream Theater w/ Russell Allen (Symphony X), Burton C. Bell (Fear Factory), and Dave Mustaine (Megadeth) on Gigantour in Dallas playing Cemetary Gates. I was there but most on here never saw that live (or perhaps anywhere else):

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Cruisin round YouTube gems   Cruisin round YouTube gems Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 12:17 pm

And because the video was shot in Venice Beach and Hollywood plus it's just a bad ass song

[/quote]

The Four Horsemen! One of my all time favorite bands.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Cruisin round YouTube gems   Cruisin round YouTube gems Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 8:52 pm

If anybody finds this even half as funny as I did it will brighten your day Very Happy

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Cruisin round YouTube gems   Cruisin round YouTube gems Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 3:34 am

Boris2008 wrote:
If anybody finds this even half as funny as I did it will brighten your day Very Happy

My niece played a Taylor Swift song using the screaming goat. Fits better with that one Very Happy . Thankfully, she doesn't like Swift one bit, she just thought it was funny. That doesn't mean she has good taste in music but It's at least a consolation prize that she doesn't like Swift or Bieber (or rap like my oldest nephew).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cruisin round YouTube gems   Cruisin round YouTube gems Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cruisin round YouTube gems
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next